Th13teen

Sheepie

As is usually the case I've been bored at work, so decided to do a bit of research about possible makers of SW6. Its not alot mind you but I'm sort of convincing myself that ive found out what it is... I'm not sure if this has been said before but from what the manufacturers themselves say, I think it could be quite close to the mark.Wing Rider Launch Coaster"A new evolution in accelerator coasters, the “Wing Rider Coaster” is an enchantment for riders and spectators alike. Not only will this new coaster’s layout offer a ground hugging ride enhancing the sensation of speed, but also with the revolutionary design of the vehicles, passengers will be ‘flown’ in a way previously unknown through the various track figures. These innovative vehicles suspend the guests slightly diagonal over the ground on ‘wings,’ as opposed to sitting above or hanging under the track. Ergo, rather than the track blocking a visual field in front of the passenger or above the passenger, respectively, this vehicle design allows for a totally unobstructed visual field for EVERY passenger! Additionally, the over-banked curves provide a sensation completely different for each guest according to their position relative to the ground. Moreover, the ride has the ability to incorporate the unique feature of a dark show section immediately after the trains leave the station, before launch. The intention of the dark ride section is to add time to the ride experience, as well as create a build-up of anticipation for the guests. The trains are shot from a standing start to their ‘take off’ speed of 100 km per hour in just over 3 seconds utilizing Intamin’s patented hydraulic launch system!"Obviously there are some details amiss, but whats to say the dark section cant be after a bit of speed or a lift hill, and that in itself would be a first, but anyway, I'm just throwing it into the mixer. Link to see pictures hereI suppose I should do some work... Anyone want to buy a carpet?EDIT: Oh and if you think I'm completely wrong please bear in mind I am a noob and our wee little feelings may be hurt.

Although it is a good idea, something I think that has been previously suggested, it wouldn't fit in with the theme. If it was to be a Wing Rider, the theme would be expected to be a racer theme, and thus turnign Ug Land into a racing themed land. However, AT management didn't like the idea and that theme was rejected, which I think will probably rule out the Wing Rider.

Lets face it Alton Towers have always been the best park in this country for producing groundbreaking/innotive rides so I dont see why their nxt Secret Weapon should be any differant. But I get the impression the park has come as far as it can for revolutionary rollercoasters, so any coasters built there now are likely to be rollercoater types that have been around for a while. I dont know if anyone knows if the rumoured Woodern coaster is still going ahead? If not than I'd like to see a Floorless coaster like Kraken, and built into the ground like Nemesis, we havn'tgot a Floorless in the UK yet so here's hoping, but probably all in vein cause I don't think it's ever going to happen especially at Alton Towers, perhaps Thorpe Park or Blackpool.

The plans show the coaster entering the building at the top level, and then exiting on the basement level, so either the track tilts backwards, does the final helix and then switches back to face forwards for the station, or the track literally drops (which I don't think has been done before), and then launches backwards out of the show building to get enough momentum to do the final helix, and then switching back to face forwards for the station.All interesting stuff!

Launching backwards sounds dangerous. I'm pretty sure Alton's nxt coaster is going to be the Woodern coaster they proposed, I assume it will be where Corkscrew was! Apparently original plans where to build it in the valley behind Nemesis, and was to feature the worlds largest Woodern coaster drop at over 200'ft, being built in the valley meant they could achieve this without breaking Alton Towers treeline restriction. But I think it has been scaled down now to be simular in scale to Megafobia at Oakwood, so should still be an excellent ride! ;)

The ride will be a prototype from Intamin.The rides planning permission states that the sound tests were made by Intamin, using Colossus as the model as it is the only Multi Looper in the UK by Intamin.

"Noise from the planned new coaster was modeled on a similar one at Thorpe Park. The Thorpe Park ride, "No Way Out" is totally enclosed within a metal framed/clad building".That hints that this is indeed going to be indeed a vekoma as said at first and not an Intamin

"Noise from the planned new coaster was modeled on a similar one at Thorpe Park. The Thorpe Park ride, "No Way Out" is totally enclosed within a metal framed/clad building".That hints that this is indeed going to be indeed a vekoma as said at first and not an Intamin

Why does it being indoors mean it's a vekoma? ;)