Th13teen

Sheepie

I'm pretty sure Alton's nxt coaster is going to be the Woodern coaster they proposed

Keep up! We now from the plans that the coaster won't be wooden. Plans are on the previous page. ;)Launching backwards, not as in a full fledged Rita-esque launch but enough to give it enough momentum. Although I think the tilt option is a lot more likely.

The ride will be a prototype from Intamin.The rides planning permission states that the sound tests were made by Intamin, using Colossus as the model as it is the only Multi Looper in the UK by Intamin.

Nothing confirmed yet mate. I doubt it'll be a prototype coaster though, just a first of its kind; so suggesting an original element within the ride. And yes as Meme said, the plans say No Way Out was reffered to in terms of noise. Most likely because of the indoor section, although saying that, this coaster isn't totally enclosed.Vekoma is just one manufacturer on the cards, along with Intamin, Premier and hell let's throw Maurer Shone in there, too.It's most likely to be a less expensive manufacturer though as the scenery looks to be pretty immersive, and the likes of Intamin and B&M can't get you very much with the apparent £12M for this project.

oh, god I hope it isn't a Vekoma. I'm very confident that this ride will be a family ride. damn.

Why not a Vekoma? Vekoma are one of the most diverse manufacts (seriously don't wanna write that word again, lol) out there and completely customise their projects to the client's specification. Rock N Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest- okay the budget for these rides probably blows the budget for SW6 out of the park but it's an example that they build innovative, fantastic family rides. And whilst we're on the subject, this ride may slant more towards family, however, I firmly believe it'll have some pretty thrilling parts, the air- time looks to be insane!Sorry for the long post guys! ;)

it will not be a launched coaster cos of rita so thay would not put two in the park and next to each other

Will I wouldn't be so sure about that, cause I did here somewhere of the possibility of a Vekoma Motorbike coaster like Velocity at Flamingoland which features a 50mph launch, apparently it was proposed for Gloomy Wood, I think this was more a case of hear'say than facts though! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd come by and get this topic talking again.Over on another forum, a very interesting member has popped up and has posted some interesting inside info. This includes pictures of the new Skyride gondolas, the official logo for Sharkbait Reef, info on the park's new shows and some interesting tidbits regarding Duel for the 2009 season. He's also aqquired a section of the 2009 park map.Okay so either an insider, or someone with access to inside information.This is where things get juicy and creepy. On the location bit on their profile it says, "knil erutingis eht kcilc," which is "click the signiture link," backwards (seriously that took me ages to type that).So when you click the signiture link, it comes up with a series of photos. Have a ganders here!So the first image seriously creeped me out when I first saw it LOL. If you look at it the right angle (try standing up and lookingdown at your PC monitor from above), a message that says "2010, it's coming," appears. Yesterday's image doesn't have a hidden message, but the file name is, "watch the ground." And today's image says to, "watch the statue."Now, if we look back at those station plans again, you can clearly see the statue that looms over the entrance, I think it is. This keeps getting creepier by the day, and I dunno if it's someone hinting at the storyline who has inside info, or someone employed specifically to get us all talking and then this is the start of a viral ad campaign. Or, it could be someone winding us all up. Either way I don't care because it's really creepy and I'm enjoying it :)

Over on another forum, a very interesting member has popped up and has posted some interesting inside info. This includes pictures of the new Skyride gondolas, the official logo for Sharkbait Reef, info on the park's new shows and some interesting tidbits regarding Duel for the 2009 season. He's also aqquired a section of the 2009 park map.Okay so either an insider, or someone with access to inside information.This is where things get juicy and creepy. On the location bit on their profile it says, "knil erutingis eht kcilc," which is "click the signiture link," backwards (seriously that took me ages to type that).So when you click the signiture link, it comes up with a series of photos. Have a ganders here!

Hey Sheepie,Those statues certainly do have their fair share of creepiness. Doctor Who anyone? But I'm intrigued -what forum was this on (if you don't mind me asking). It's mysteriously clever.deracs tib a m'I

Hey Sheepie,Those statues certainly do have their fair share of creepiness. Doctor Who anyone? But I'm intrigued -what forum was this on (if you don't mind me asking). It's mysteriously clever.deracs tib a m'I

It's on TowersTimes, I didn't say it at first because I wanted to encourage discussion here. And that's the first thing I thought as well... 'Don't Blink' is one of my fave episodes along with most others by Stephen Moffat, but that's besides the point LOL. If the ride was to capture that same amount of atmosphere then it's gonna be awesome.And Meme, you could try adjusting the brightness of your monitor or.... you could go and look at the picture over at TTF in the SW6 topic. :)

So the first image seriously creeped me out when I first saw it LOL. If you look at it the right angle (try standing up and lookingdown at your PC monitor from above), a message that says "2010, it's coming," appears.

Also note that in that picture the file name has 010309 in it.01/03/09 (1st March 2009). Perhaps somethong similar to SAW's build up - if this is for real and everything - but in a more cryptic way?

• 1 month later...

March 13th - Plans for the SW6 have finally been accepted. Apparently, the rides layout has been slightly altered, and Alton had to fork out £50,000 to the Staffordshire Council to 'help traffic flow'. Also, they've promsied that if they find anything of archaeological value and/or interest, they will treat it suitably. This info came from Coasterforce and TowersTimes.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0sKuZhhANg...re=channel_pageRide manufacteur announced, new ride in black hole tent, and Rita re-paint.

I don't believe what he has to say. Unless it's been announced by the park, I wouldn't bother taking it with a pinch of salt.Edit : Had to laugh at this "We're not even sure who it was ourselves, but we can assure you it's a reliable source"