Th13teen

Sheepie

Let's just take a look at the evidence...There's a figure going around that Merlin are investing £15M on this project for 2010. Now I believe that's the whole entire project, not just SW6. The same way as the SW4 project was the complete retheme of Fantasy World into X Sector.The reduced price merchandise for the entire season is probably the biggest indication that Rita will be rebranded.The wraith around the area during the latter months of the season suggests that the entire old Ug Land site is going to be completely rethemed. As business men should know, it's essential to have a strong brand to be successful. The brand of this new area will be put on all sorts of mediums. Television adverts, merchandise (which in a way is advertisment in itself), park maps, other Merlin attractions, internet.... the list goes on.This is why Merlin are slowly getting round to rebranding, and relaunching all their attractions: First was Alton in 2008, Thorpe no doubt is getting there in stages, The London Eye earlier this year, and then next season Chessington are receiving their relaunch. I keep mentioning the word brand, but it is important because without a recognisable one, the company isn't going to make as much profit.I feel like I'm waffling and straying from the point ehre a little, and for that I'm sorry, but personally, I believe Rita will certainly be re-themed slightly to make it fit in more with the new ride for all the reasons stated above.

Does anyone think that Alton will paint the rest of Rita's track green, so it blends in more with the idea of 'the dark forest'. Just a thought

Sorry if there was any cofussion, but what I meant was, when rita's track was painted green, ages ago, due to complaints, do u think it would be good idea to paint the whole thing green to make it look better, so there was a green section every now and again, and so it would tie in, if the area does change to the dark forest.

You may or may not be aware of the drama that's currently occuring SW6 this evening.Earlier today, an apparent press release appeared. A few points..... the ride was called Thirteen, it was full of publicity suntageness (as that is a word :P) and has been billed as a psychocoaster. Towers Times were contacted by Alton Towers Resort who asked for the information to be taken down. So there may be some truth in this. I'm guessing we'll find out very soon, maybe as a Christmas present from the resort? :P

Thirteen :P I was hoping that it would be called Mortalis. But I read on Towers Times forum that this may not be real, hope that isn't the real name. Mortalis sounds better than Thirteen. Just sounds pathetic in my opinion. Imagine going to Alton Towers saying to your mates "oh lets go and ride Thirteen" it just sounds pathetic. It just doesn't have the same ring to it as Mortalis does. Mortalis sounds more Secret Weapon standard. Really hope that this isn't the ride's name.

So if anyone hasn't already checked out the mini site that Magrathea posted above, then please do, it's fantastic.Press release from TT confirms a change for Rita next year, and the general theme looks to be fantastic. Loving the 14m high tree partly made from the steel of Corkscrew. Also in the video you can see one of the towers of the building. Loving the wraiths also.Going to be brilliant. Shun the non believers, shuuunnnnnnnn :P

I am also loving the name Thi13teen! I like it has a nice ring to it.Also, the number 13 is related to a lot of people in a variety of ways. (Such as unlucky. I have also know some people to think death).The name will be good as you may have the fear of the name of the ride, as well as the actual ride! :PI also think that it is really good that Rita: Queen of Speed will be recieving some attention too as I don't think it would look right having the lovely female racer with a darkly themed ride. :)I have not been able to go to Alton Towers for 2 years now, but looking at the microsite, (with thanks to Magrathea), I will endeavour to get up there! :P

Its Thirteen for god sake, not Th13teen. This is pissing me off, stop being idiots! You can tell its spelt correctly due to all the sodding wording, if they were gonna write it otherwise then they would've.

If you actually looked at the minisite you can see the Alton Towers have spelt it Th13teenand personally, I like the name. It kind of gets you thinking "what relevance the number has to the ride and what you would associate whith it. It could really frighten people

If you actually looked at the minisite you can see the Alton Towers have spelt it Th13teenand personally, I like the name. It kind of gets you thinking "what relevance the number has to the ride and what you would associate whith it. It could really frighten people

No, they've done it on the logo and the tabs, all the promotional text is spelt right for god sake. If they were gonna seriously do it as Th13teen, then they would've written it like that everywhere like our beloved THORPE PARK. Let's not forget Se7en.

I must admit I am really looking forward to this ride! It will be interesting to see how much the ride dominates the area, as well as what lies within the rides 'crypt!'. I really hope that RITA and the surrounding area has a descent makeover or the work put into the new ride will be ruined.Although the ride may be smaller than other Secret Weapon additions to the park - I'm pretty sure it will stand alongside the rest pretty well and will be another popular addition to the park and a worthy replacement for Corckscrew.

As legendary as the Corkscrew was, we can all agree that it wasn't exactly a popular ride for the park.I have been to Alton when all the major rides were near on 60/90 mins and Corkscrew was 10 mins.You can argue that it is at the back of the park, but that didn't stop its past partner - Rita: Queen of Speed.I really am going to make the effort this year to visit to see what Thirteen is all about! :lol: