Th13teen

Sheepie

I think it'll be one of those rides that appeal to a lot of people; thrillseekers will love it, yet it won't be too intense for other members of the family.I'm kind of in two minds really, you could argue the way it's being marketted isn't family friendly at all, quite the opposite, yet you look at the supposed height restriction of 1.2m and that hints to the ride not being unsuitable to younger members of the family.Though I suppose height restrictions and ride intensity don't always go hand in hand.

Not being funny but I think that a coaster dubbed as the "worlds first psycho coaster" would be more suited to thorpe park, I mean we don't know what it's going to be like on the inside and the extent of the theming but if it's going to be that thrilling it would be more suited to thorpe surely?I mean I know that alton does have to accomodate for thrill seekers aswell but they mainly target families who stay in the hotel.

I agree with you that Alton create attractions suitable for families, and every family has thrillseeekers... they're making sure there are attractions for everyone. Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest are two of the most thrilling rides I have been on yet they're both considered family rides.I think the ride will fit in with the other psychologically thrilling rides such as Oblivion and Hex.

I hope I can get to alton at some point and ride it, though I am hoping to try chessington for the first time this year :huh:I went to alton a few years back and I didn't enjoy it much, but that was more to do with the company that I kept so hopefully I can returnm with nicer friends and experience the ride, the idea of a drop that looks much bigger than it is sounds interesting, or holographic effects.

Fine...fine...

A whole section of track will freefall. It won't be a big drop, but like the london dungeon's, it will still pack a punch.

Pretty exiting eh?

Well we all knew it was a drop already just didnt know if it was going to be freefall or tilting. :S I personally think that there may be some kind of effect on the drop that makes it seem alot bigger than it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Th13teen has reportedly started testing, however it has also been reported that it has stalled/ has been stallingThis is a normal occurrence and it is likely to be teething problems where the coaster just needs to run itself in :(Can't wait for an update/ to see the cars.(Info from Towerstimes)

Well just abit of news for you all, apparently the coaster is being tested with the new trains and is not making it's way round the track. But don't worry everyone as it will only take abit of break adjusting and lift hill speeds changing and it will be fine. Also it is being tested for safety to make sure that you will not loss any arms when going round.

Can I just add, certain things are bugging me around here lately, with members repeating bits of infomation when they've been said literally 5 posts up from their post. My mind really does boggle because surely people do read the last page or so to see if anything similar has been brought up? Even if you're new to discussion, surely if you're really that passionate about something you will read all you can about it? Perhaps that's just me.I keep having dreams about Thirteen, think I might have mentioned that, the most reccent one though, there was some kind of symbol on the right hand side wall, and there was lots of green light. Also quite a bit of demonic laughter echoing though the building, especially as the ground was pulled away from us. Haha mad times!

Ahh I was just coming to post that!! :wub:I love them! 10 rows of 2, so 20 people per train, therefore we can work out the average ride time, because I'm clearly that sad. Seriously though, those trains are sexy!Edit- So, with 3 trains we're looking at roughly 2 minutes of ride time, with 1 minute of unload/onload time. That gives us a throughput of exactly 1200.With 4 trains you're looking at a ride time that's closer to 2 and a half minutes.

Edited by MikeyT

Ahh I was just coming to post that!! :wub:I love them! 9 rows of 2, so 18 people per train, therefore we can work out the average ride time, because I'm clearly that sad. Seriously though, those trains are sexy!

Urrrrr I think if I squint I can see 10 rows, as theres 5 cars each with 2 rows :S so 20 people per train. I agree tho the trains are quite sexy, that said tho I cant help but feel dissapointed, maby its cause jordans fella is sitting in it and not me!!!