Th13teen

Sheepie

It was my understanding that the green part of the track has always been there to blend the coaster into the trees at the high points of the ride. But I may be wrong.

Yes, but it was actually photoshopped by a member a towers times! :lol:

The bit I was looking at is below.. shows the dark green colour that Alton are required to paint the highest point of the ride and a lighter green colour below, where the track is usually a red colour. It may however, simply be a trick of the light!Posted Image

Are you really surprised? A brand new World First ride with masses of advertising and there not going to have fastrack? If you read the topic you would have seen that we all assumed this especially as Saw didn't have it either at opening. Add in the technical problems etc and its a good move by The Towers...To be very honest, at the moment I doubt it'll even be open on opening day. Apparently the ride's "secret weapon" is having huge technical difficulties which has resulted in the preview weekend being cancelled and boot camp event being postponed

THERE WILL BE NO FASTTRACK ON 13 OPENING DAY I'm sooooooo not happy I have PLATIUM fast track £100 and I dont even get to fast track on 13 ! :D

Heyheyhey! Just be grateful that you get to go to 13 opening day and that you are getting £100s worth of fastrack! If I were you I would be the happiest person ever

To be very honest, at the moment I doubt it'll even be open on opening day. Apparently the ride's "secret weapon" is having huge technical difficulties which has resulted in the preview weekend being cancelled and boot camp event being postponed

I dont think its having huge problems just that the snow etc has pushed a tight deadline even tighter regarding the completion of the dark forest area, there still saying 20th March on there website yet have removed about the preview weekend.The guys at towerstimes got hold of Morwenna whos the Alton Towers sales and marketing director and he had this to say Quoted from towers times member Joel

We took the decision to run the Preview Weekend, the first of its kind for the Resort, some months ago recognizing that some of you would welcome the opportunity to experience the TH13TEEN, have a behind-the-scenes tour and learn about how the ride was conceived and marketed. An event of this nature takes a huge amount of organisation and planning particularly as we wanted to make it as special and as unique as the ride itself. As those of you who have received the email are aware, TH13TEEN is an incredibly sophisticated ride and we have experienced some minor technical difficulties during testing. What we have also experienced is some incredibly bad weather over the first few weeks of the year meaning that an enormous amount of work still has to be completed in the TH13TEEN ride area as well as Ug Land which is being rethemed which is why we cannot allow access to the ride area, Ug Land or indeed Rita.I understand your disappointment and frustration at the weekend being cancelled but we have made this incredibly difficult decision because we could not guarantee the access and the experience that you would expect from Alton Towers Resort. I also understand some of you are rightly annoyed at the short notice which has come about because I had hoped that we would be able to show you some elements if not all – it has become clear over the last 24 hours that this would not be possible.Once again, please accept my apologies for the cancellation which is totally unavoidable as I now hope you will appreciate. We will be back in touch with those of you who had a reservation for the weekend regarding “An evening with John Wardley and TH13TEEN” soon. Morwenna AngoveSales and Marketing DirectorAlton Towers Resort

THERE WILL BE NO FASTTRACK ON 13 OPENING DAY I'm sooooooo not happy I have PLATIUM fast track £100 and I dont even get to fast track on 13 ! :D

I'm sorry you have to queue like the rest of us plebs, however I'm sure when you skip past us all queuing for Air, RitA and Oblivion you can have the perverse satiafacton that you wasted your money just to get a few more rides then us.

"'Blipverts' will be shown to promote Th13teen at the following times:Glee (E4) Monday 8th March 9:10pmHollyoaks (Channel 4) Monday 8th March 6:45pmCoronation Street (ITV) Friday 12th March 8:58pmSoccer AM (Sky Sports 1) Saturday 13th March 10:35amAnt and Dec's Push The Button (ITV) Saturday 13th March 8.15pmThere are 3 versions and will be shown at various times from the 8th March - 19th March."

Just saw one on E4, they are very spooky :s

There is the girl walking in front of a tree with her head doing crazy things, she says "you'd better not go alone" 13 is quickly shown on the screen with the Alton Towers Logo and thats it

Damn forgot how to do spoilers, Anyway it's now uploaded on to Alton Towers' facebook