Th13teen

Sheepie

Yet more evidence that the video didn't do the ride justice- my mum literally thought it was the runaway train.I think the ride will be fantastic though, when completed, you can see there's the foundations for it to be the UK's best themed attraction and I have no doubt it'll be one of the best experiences across the resort. Really can't wait to see all the special effects, audio, and the general area!

and also for all the people moaning on about oh don't go on about theming not finished and tools left everywhere and looking untidy ect because its not finished, well pardon me but that ride is supposed to be open in a matter of days, surely the ride should be ready by now!

No..They were still doing the finishing touches on Air, Saw, Dragons Fury and dozens of others days after the rides opened.

You can tell that the video was fake. The wide, off-ride footage was cloudy, whearas the on-ride footage was bright and sunny. When the train goes out the station, she says: "See you in a while!" and then "It hasn't even started yet and I am scared." However, you may notice that the gap in between these lines is impossibly short, and they almost over lap each other.It was definitely not live. This could point towards being filmed in stages, so it is most likely that work has since been carried out? Obviously not a lot as it was probably all filmed on the same day, just not at the same time. You could tell the effects that the bootcampers are talking about were off and the safety lights were all on in the tunnel, crypt and station. It also means that the show sequence in the crypt could in reality be longer, as when the park opened for half term everybody said the train stayed in that room for about 30 secs. :)

Well to me that seems silly to do that, because if the parks open then it should be ready, its like if you go into a resturante thats just opened you don't expect them to still be painting the walls, or decorating the place because its an annoyance to you as the customer.

Well to me that seems silly to do that, because if the parks open then it should be ready, its like if you go into a resturante thats just opened you don't expect them to still be painting the walls, or decorating the place because its an annoyance to you as the customer.

There aren't many parks in the world that have their rides 'complete' come the rides open day. Besides you're comparing two differnet things here. If a ride has a missing piece of theming whose going to know whereas if you went to a restraunt and they were painting the walls it would make a mark on your impression of the restraunt because its obviously not finished.

No I higly doubt it would be a Vekoma Enigma because X No Way out is a backwards completely all the time in the dark roller coaster where as this ride is a switchback ride, and from what I heard the ride was manufactured by intamin?

Josh was referring to No Way Out, not Th13teen, in which you are right, is indeed manufactured by Intamin.

There aren't many parks in the world that have their rides 'complete' come the rides open day. Besides you're comparing two differnet things here. If a ride has a missing piece of theming whose going to know whereas if you went to a restraunt and they were painting the walls it would make a mark on your impression of the restraunt because its obviously not finished.

I do agree with you Mark, and also Ste193. We're not talking about missing bits of themeing, we're talking about piles of dirt, construction fences and site offices still being there, and if it's in a similar state on Saturday, will not be acceptable. Although I very much doubt that it'll still be in that state.However if most things are complete, and it's just some minor cosmetic changes that need to be tweaked over the next few weeks, then that's fair enough. I know a lot of rides around the world where finishing touches are being done literally minutes before park opening.

The second video gives me hope, yet I still feel a tad disappointed by the outcome we're seeing so far. Hopefully, ride effects, lighting, audio, etc will compensate for what appears to be a below-par ride. Then again, you kinda have to expect that the experience as a whole will be good, considering Wardley is behind the project.As for keeping the secret weapon a secret, well, they let the cat out of the bag now. Anyway, I've known what the secret was for a year now...Anyway, this world first isn't a world first in the first place. Winjas anyone.. :)

This clearly is not a finished project, but I don't think that Alton Towers have done anything terribly wrong in showing it to the general public now. Obviously its not ideal, but they've got the ride up and running, and both of those news reports were great publicity for the Park - any publicity is good publicity!I think it will be a good ride for the Park, provided the theming is done well. It won't be the next Nemesis or Oblivion, but we shouldn't have been expecting that. It will, however, be different, and (for the majority of the GP) completely unexpected. I look forward to it!