Th13teen

Sheepie

Ugh Double posts suck...Apparently the Tesla Coil is now operational :(As well as this it seems that Thirteen's ridiculously poor reliability has actually been sorted with the ride running very well the past couple of days. :D Well Done Alton for getting these 2 things sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought it was a very good ride, shame about all the trims but thankfully they dont stop it from being an enjoyable ride.The inside drop is also very cool, alot more forceful than I expected too and the launch backwards and even the forwards bit into the station are pretty fun!

Good to hear somewhere else who really likes the ride. To be honest yesterday I was talking to some chav "friends" of mine who had been on it and they absolutely loved it, thought it was the best ride in the park. These are those "general" people who visit the park once every year/2 years and they honestly thought it was amazing. Really shows that whilst not being the scariest or most intense ride, even those looking for a huge thrill love the ride. It really does appeal and give a great ride to everyone.

I enjoyed my ride on Th13teen yesterday! However, we did have to queue 60 mins and it isn't worth it over 30 mins imo.I loved the drop section and the theming in the dark. And you have to love that it randomly starts going backwards and being launched into the station!I am still unsure what to think of the first part of the ride - I have a mixture of feelings from boring to good airtime to good scenery..I would say it is a good ride but not worth the queues it will get on busier days.

As I do with any first ride on anything, I am not bothered about the queue time at all, as long as I get to experience it once. After that I shall make a judgement based on what I have ridden/experienced.I am at the Blackpool & Towers GayDay Next Week, so I shall report back then!

Finally got my chance to ride Thirteen. Absolutely loved it overall; I came off shaking the first time I came off the ride yesterday. It's such a quick ride, there's so much happening, I reckon it'll take a few rides for most guests to take everything in.I'll mention a few of the negatives now to get them out of the way; the queue is so boring, with very little in the way of things to look at in parts. There are some really small touches in the queue, but in all honesty you really have to look hard for them to find them, although there is a creepy atmosphere in the air that is sort of infectious.The black cloths on the ceiling, are, seriously, pretty awful, it's a shame because the station building is an actual scenic masterpiece apart from this, I wanted to look up and see a gothic chandelier looking all majestic and rustic. Or even just some beams or something, pretty much anything would be better.There seems to be an odd mish- mash of things going on. I heard people around the ride, including a friend of mine, mention what the tesla coil had to do with a forest, or the scaffolding, and those syringe pens that seem to be pooping up all over the Merlin Attractions.However, don't be put off, I think it's wonderful. Great fun. Highlight of the ride has to be the helix at the end.... I actually clapped, and I never do that on rides! PAH! Crypt is brilliantly themed, and actually doesn't need much more going on in there in my opinion. From videos it looks as though there needs to be more happening, but literally as you've noticed what's around you, the ride continues again.It's a fantastic family attraction, that will cover a huge spectrum of people, brilliant throughput, too. Today we queued from the entrance, with full extensions open, and waited 90 minutes. I probably wouldn't queue that amount of time again, but I was impressed at how quickly the queue moves. Can't wait to go on it again.

As I do with any first ride on anything, I am not bothered about the queue time at all, as long as I get to experience it once. After that I shall make a judgement based on what I have ridden/experienced.

I feel the exact same way. It's the first time, so I have no worries about queuing. After then, it's easy to make a decision on how long I'd wait for another go on it.

I actually clapped, and I never do that on rides! PAH!

I did that on Kobra; got some VERY funny looks from everyone. XD

When Th13teen is running at its absolute max throughput, it should be able to achieve 1,500pph. This means that, theoretically, with all areas open the queue would be no more than 1 hour. To put it into context, 1,500 will represent around 200 more than Nemesis and 4-500 more per hour than Rita. It's also doube Sonic Spinball.Hopefully the days where Th13teen runs at full capacity will arrive soon!