Th13teen

Sheepie

See, whilst I'd have loved for the ride to be longer, it's still a LOT longer than most rides, especially in this country. And that is part of what gives it such a ferocious pace, I do think the coaster section could have been longer but it wouldn't have added a huge amount to the ride.And also where was the theming poor? In my opinion, what is there is great, there's just not a huge amount. Although as MikeyT has pointed out, the black cloth is simply embarrassing.

My problem with the theming is its completely uninvolved with the queue untill the station. The ride is barely involved with any theming ether. The ride is rather confusing. Its great having a crypt (or a old building, as you don't actually see the crypt!), but they gave it no meaning, so therefore you will not be nervous nor happy or show any emotion when greeted by it. You see the wraiths. Are they evil? Are they angels? Monks? Dead/Ghosts? Are they saving you from something or trying to kill you? Etc. They need to put each feature into context. Oh and you can see the shed out the back! A big grey box poping out the back of a themed front... yeah ok. Fine. Oh and also the evacuation point signs? Haha. Full-on Theme Parks are ment to be like walking into a film set. I don't expect to see a lighting rig or a studio poping into shot. I expect the plot/story to be explained in some sort of convention. It doesn't need to be blared in your face, but with suttle hints or objects. I personally feel this ride would of worked better if you had the crypt first. You would of instantly felt as if you were in danger falling into the crypt. By itself, seeing the wraiths there and then may inply that they are dangerous after the anticipation and fear created by the drop. Riders would of been more aware and have the expectation that something would make them jump. You finish the backward section, but would still be inside a building in a show room (while the transfers change). The wraiths could suround you. The riders have a kind of "cry wolf" sense now. They are expecting something to happen due to the wraiths being around. The girl could then appear to help you escape. You would then fly faward in attempt to escape (following the girl), into the woods. You are swooping about all over the place in order to loose the "villans". You arrive in the brake run, back up in the ride station with a quick message from the girl saying "well done, we escaped, untill next time...bye". The guest would then have left the ride with the satisfaction of succeeding a mission/scary event. I made that up off the top of my head and it already sounded like a better ride, purely based on peoples general reactions.

^ I do agree, there is a lot of different things sort of thrown together with no apparent meaning or purpose. It is strange how there is a theme but just no coherency to it. Like I say, what is there is great, especially the station and crypt, there's just no meaning to it. And whilst I understand there is not always the need for all the riders to know the story so the ride relies on it, but a bit of continuity is needed in my opinion.

What... ?So it's poorly themed because if it was built in a certain way, the way it was not intended to be built, you think it wouldn't look right? Also, if they were going to build it completely, they wouldn't make it look weird.I am so confused, it's such a pointless, and incorrect statement I don't really understand what your trying to get across. Your criticising bits of the ride that aren't even built?

What do you mean themed correctly? Is there a "correct" way to theme? The theme of the ride is restoration work of the Towers, hence why it looks ruined/dilapidated and also is the reason for the scaffolding.I really have no idea what your trying to get across...

To be honest Ryan, I'd expect it to open later in the day. There are rumours of the trims being converted from magnetic to mechanical. so this is what they may be doing which could, hopefully improve the ride.

I seriously hope so. My fingers are crossed.

To be honest Ryan, I'd expect it to open later in the day. There are rumours of the trims being converted from magnetic to mechanical. so this is what they may be doing which could, hopefully improve the ride.

If true thats quite a big job id think!!

If true thats quite a big job id think!!

Removing the magnetic ones wouldn't be that difficult, installing the new mechanical ones would be though maybe...That's if that's the reason why... It may just be having a strop... It IS half term after all... I wouldn't blame the ride for not wanting to be abused by a load of school kids :)