Th13teen

Sheepie

I am sure everybody has worked that out by now! How could you possibly not know with it being discussed and advertised so much?:D

The train rolls into the crypt and stops. The floor is heard creaking as the track jolts. The floor then 'gives way' and the track is propelled downwards horizontally. The train then rolls out backwards into the underground helix.

New themeing has been added to the queueline over night. There's a Wraith covered in vines, a man by the van covered in vines reaching upwards and a woman covered in vines but facing the other way towards the trees so all you can see is long dark hair.Not much but a step forward. :D

I personally think that Alton are making it fit it alot better with the effects gradually going up/working, as it seems like The Dark Forest is slowly taking over the area, where as if all the effects were up and working for opening weekend, there wouldn't be as much a sense of mystery as if some new effects/theming turn up one morning...

^ Definitely, they did exceptionally well when the weather conditions are taken into account, it was rumoured the snow put them back something like 4 weeks, and for it to still be open on time was fantastic. Not only that it's been pretty reliable for a brand new world first.

^ Definitely, they did exceptionally well when the weather conditions are taken into account, it was rumoured the snow put them back something like 4 weeks, and for it to still be open on time was fantastic. Not only that it's been pretty reliable for a brand new world first.

Even though it's not really a world first... Though it is an Intamin first, so you're right at it being rather reliable.

It is a worlds first, worlds first freefall drop on a coaster.

It's not the world's first freefall drop on a coaster. A duelling coaster known as Winjas (Winjas Fear and Winjas Force I think) at Phantasialand has the element. Both tracks feature a small (smaller than Th13teen) freefall drop, after which, the track rise back up again and continues. Look it up on rcdb, etc. Also, this image shows the track layout nicely.Posted ImageIf you want to be pedantic, you could say Th13teen is the world's first coaster to feature a freefall drop which acts as a switchback. However, when you think it about, all the SWs have featured pendantic-ness when you considering their world first-ness.EDIT: Also, just remembered, I'm not sure if this is true, but a Gerstlauer ride has a track which slowly drops in it's station area. Only something I remember hearing; again, not sure if it's true or not. Edited by JoshC.

This is true, and two of the best MS Spinners, ever.

Unless I'm mistaken, the actual 'spin' of the ride is more controlled than freely - isn't it? Not questioning they're spinners, just wondering. I've got to get myself there in the next couple of years.. *Adds to a list of about 50 theme parks he wants to do in the next couple of year* :P