Th13teen

Sheepie

Well they lied then :P lol. The second time we bought them they said something similar, to my dad but he wouldn't have it because we had bought them two days before. Then they said something about unreliability and how they can't sell fast tracks if the ride keeps breaking down. The amount of times I've been in the queue and the ride has broken down.. We have 18 exit passes LOL.

Single riders and fastrack enter at the same point, then the queues appear just behind the shop.. fastrack has a huge cattlepen beside the main queue, whereas single riders goes straight to the bags area and up.. I THINK!

I think its the other way around, Fastrack straight up/merge with single rider in the cattle pen?

• 3 weeks later...

finally someone who is not blinded by being a fanboy, the ride is mediocre at best.I found it a very fair review and if it was me I woud have given it 6/10the thing I find increidbly annoying about th13teen is the fact that it really doesn't do what they make out it does, they make out that the ride is very intense and thrilling when really it isn't at all and I found the drop could have been better.btw before you have a go at me this is not my review a friend asked me to post this review for them.

I don't think you should have to appreciate it for what it is to be any good personally. Ether its a good ride, or its bollocks. It sure is fun, RMT/Flying Fish sorta fun, but its not amazing or mindblowing or anything spectacular. The first section is boring. You don't really feel much movement, its that boring. The drop is the fun part, but it was never put into a context of anything, so it appears as a WTF kinda moment, rather than scary.

I have many thoughts on Thirteen now. Perhaps a few more once I've ridden it again next week.I reckon the reception of this ride will only get better as time goes on. Much like Hex, which didn't live up to many people's expectations in its opening year, It wasn't until tweaks were made and in subsequent seasons that the ride has not only been a hit with enthusiasts but also with the general public as well.I think the main thing that raises people's expectations beyond what the ride delivers is the superlative language that was used in the viral marketing. Such as the ultimate coaster, and phrases such as "never has so much theme park technology been used all in one ride", or something to that effect.This may have backfired on somewhat as it may deter people- ie, the intended audience for the ride and instead attract people who are perhaps expecting something more thrilling from the ride.However, once all the PR stunts have been forgotten, we're left with the main promotional tool for the ride, and that is the TV advert. Now this is something that I think was very well done, and believe the ride delivers. The look and feel of the ride is conveyed very well here. Some would say again that it will scare the intended audience, however I think people are all too quick to patronise children; they love to be scared as well and deserve unique attractions that are thrilling for them.This is Thirteen's niche I think. A ride that a very wide spectrum of people can go on and families can enjoy together.I found that youtube review really fair personally. The ride does have its faults, yet taking everything as a whole, it is a solid attraction for Alton Towers and a worthy replacement for the Corkscrew for me. It shows that Alton has taken a huge risk investing in Thirteen, I've never known a ride to divide people's opinions so much, some love it, some hate it! I personally think it could have been something more, yet I still love it.

I've always described Th13teen as the definition of average and naturally that will divide people. Anyone who calls the ride total garbage does just not understand what Alton attempted with the ride. I do personally think they have failed as it is such a ride of two halfs that don't really blend together very well for me.Whether it's a worthy replacement for the Corkscrew, well thats another thing altogether. Remember for the last 14 years Corkscrew had been overshadowed four times over and before it was announced that it was to leave it was constantly attacked for being rough and boring. It's only with hindsight that people seem to think it was a decent rollercoaster.

I went to the VIP evening of th13teen it was incredible got to see my hero John wardley and also got to speak to the events manager of Alton towers the technology behined th13teen is amazing the towers is so far down I belive it was around 10 stories down underground yet you only drop 5 meters! The ride its self is fun and definitly a family coaster but its a x no way out thrill to us and th13teen is 1.2m so should x no way out so its a fair ride for a family audience and the drop is spectacular to first time riders of any age screaming because I think its everyones nightmare to leave or drop from the track on a Rollercoaster.