Th13teen

Sheepie

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know why there is still scaffolding on station building, or is that part of the theming?

It's theming... Though not very well presented theming...The basic idea is that it's under restoration much like Hex... Unfortunately that's about as complex as the story gets... (I.e. there is no story)

I agree. When I first rode I genuinely thought they still had work to do on it. If they had worked harder on the story then maybe it wouldn't give that impression but as it stands it does look half finished.

Exactly, the only reason you discovered it was intentional was cos I told you since I read it on TTF...Such is the way that Thirteen isn't great...I went on it again, and that first trim KILLS the outside... If that wasn't there it would be so much better...

I'll be honest - it was pretty much the most depressing day I had ever had at Alton Towers on opening day, this year. I got off Th13teen and was really, really dissapointed with it. However, as time has passed at least I know what to expect now. In the scheme of rollercoasters, it's an average, mildly thrilling coaster. Pegasus at Europa-Park is better on the outdoor section but at least Th13teen has it's trick.Other major family coasters though, such as Expedition Everest or Colorado Adventure are much better.:rolleyes:

Not 100%, but I heard from reports of the Th13teen evening that the inside of the crypt was well themed to the restoration idea; with shovels and helmets and stuff scattered across - just that you're oblivious to it.Someone who was actually at the event should be able to confirm this though? :rolleyes:

I wasn't there but when I was on it I could see shovels and helmets and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, having done this tonight twice at night (front and back), I've now decided that it is so made to be ridden at night in the pitch black... It makes the outdoor section a lot better and improves the atmosphere in the queue ten-fold...I was very suprised by it at night, completely different to normal daytime...The addition of actors amused, and will be covered elsewhere...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah that, was no way expecting that at the beginning, is it a real or simulated machine? Would it kill you to be in there with it?

It's real...And yes, considering it's several hundreds of volts coursing around there, I'd imagine if you were inside the cage you would become "Deep Fried" so to speak...And it's amazing...

I noticed the countdown happend more frequently during the fireworks meaning most people got to see the tesil coil going rather than at the begining of the season where you were not even sure if it was ever going to go. I like the tesil coil but it does not have a great impact becase the electric only goes to a tiny percentage of the wall! I think alton only have to put a few cuts in the scaffolding to make it look part of the theming plus make it look dirty! How hard it that?