Th13teen

Sheepie

On 8/5/2017 at 5:49 PM, Wumbamillio said:

Thirteen's trick drop and backwards tunnel is far too good for the plastic box it sits in and the lesser-RunawayTrain that precedes it. It's a really brilliant ending to a (family) ride that was never really made.

This is the most accurate and succinct review of Th13teen possible. :good:

• 8 months later...

I've done 13 a few times this season now, and you know what. I bloody love it. It genuinely is my favourite ride at Towers now.

I've always had a soft spot for it, but this year, I've really grown to love it. Yeah sure the outside section is a bit tame with all the trims, but you still get a bit of fun out of it. But it is ageing pretty well in fairness. But the indoor section is executed perfectly and is just so much fun. 

And as much as Merlin can get slaughtered for their dark themes, 13 works. It just does. 

Thirteen is definitely one of the better rides at Towers.

Sure it’s marketing campaign was misleading but it’s a fun ride for both ‘adventurous families’ and thrill seekers and generally has the most enjoyment and surprise from overall riders. 

I like about everything from thie. Coaster, from it’s gothic queue and station, doen to the surprise drop and backwards section. Heck, even it’s pre-station mini launch is more than acceptable. 

It’s still the park’s most successful attraction too. Unlucky? I think not!

15 hours ago, Cedar Creek said:

Thirteen is definitely one of the better rides at Towers.

I came up with a list of rides that are worse then Thirteen and I only came up with Spinball Whizzer, Galatica and Rita. Thats not a detriment to Thirteen, I think its a perfectly serviceable ride and one of Towers more fun offerings. 

• 1 month later...

The thing I like about Th13teen is that it's just fun, it's not too tame, it's not too extreme - it's just joyous!

However one thing that was bothering me slightly this weekend, as I don't know if my memory is inserting things that were not there originally...but in its first few seasons of it being open - did it not have wraths dotted around the woods in the distance that could be seen in the queueline? I could of sworn they once did and it is a shame if they have moved them away or thrown them. If they were never there then I must of once dreamt of what I wish should of been there....