Dragon's Fury

Yesterday during a block shutdown the "ahhh you survived" played over and over again and I was in hysterics... :P Anyway I love Fury and believe it to be the UK's second best steel rollercoaster. It has a few drawbacks such as the small size of the car meaning slightly poor legroom but I think the ride experience more then makes up for it. Very good ride in the face of simple layouts such as Stealth, Colossus, Rita and Air. :P

I do like fury but I think its very over hyped and majorly depends on the weight of your car as to if you get a good or crap ride, that and I cant think of a trip to chessington where I havent seen it break down atleast once! Personally would much rather a ride on rattlesnake!

I do like fury but I think its very over hyped and majorly depends on the weight of your car as to if you get a good or crap ride, that and I cant think of a trip to chessington where I havent seen it break down atleast once!

I find it interesting how reliability of Fury is hugely considered in your opinion of the ride whereas it is practically ignored when you think of Thorpe :P Anywho there isn't a "bad" ride on Fury, just some that are not as spinny as others. The foolproof way of getting a good start is to put all the weight on the back then lean to the right. It doesn't necessarily mean the parts after Lift 2 will be spinny but you have a better chance.

I find it interesting how reliability of Fury is hugely considered in your opinion of the ride whereas it is practically ignored when you think of Thorpe  :P

Its not ignored at thorpe but ive had more trips to thorpe this year with out stealth breaking down all day than I have to cwoa with fury..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It has kind of ended. The logos on the cars were removed about a season ago, although I can't remember if there are still logos on the entrance sign.

Stone me, I better take a closer look at the cars when I'm next there then! I'm sure the logo at the entrance has gone. And I'm sure it's still on the stone dragon in the queue (well that would be hard to rub that off the dragon).

Skips ended in 06 during the moohajor downtime. Or was that last year? Bugger knows. Some skips signs are still there, like on entrance. Thats it ;)

Well that's in breach of contract then!

• 1 month later...