Dragon's Fury

• 4 weeks later...

Thought at 12am it was time for a little light reading so I started reading this. ( As you do. :( )And what striked me was this:Posted ImageI understand that sometimes rides have restrictions above the manufacturers guidelines for various reasons, however I found it odd that a coaster such as Dragon's Fury which is located in a theme park aimed at families does not take advantage of this 1.2m alone or 1.1m with an adult height restriction!

Thought at 12am it was time for a little light reading so I started reading this. ( As you do. :( )And what striked me was this:Posted ImageI understand that sometimes rides have restrictions above the manufacturers guidelines for various reasons, however I found it odd that a coaster such as Dragon's Fury which is located in a theme park aimed at families does not take advantage of this 1.2m alone or 1.1m with an adult height restriction!

UK Health & Safety may have further restrictions? I don't actually know, just a possibility...

Yeah usually UK H&S - and also the parks giving themselves some leeway incase a child slips through the net on height checks - as it isn't difficult to decipher 119-120cm, but there's a big noticeable difference between 115-120cm for instance :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was also at the park yesterday. Shame that in the morning during ERT, I was told by staff that Dragon's Fury was just undergoing some minor engineering works and would be back open by 11am. After asking at a few points during the day, staff finally gave in at around 4:30pm and started saying "I very much doubt if we'll open today." What is wrong with that thing?! Never seems to be in full working order. (However, I'm not Chessington bashing, had a great day out! :D)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still in the weird position where I slightly prefer Spinball.. :SI like the theme to Fury much better, but I find Spinball's layout and that more fun. I put it more down to riding Fury more, but Spinball has to strange slight edge. Though my mind changes a lot; they're both good rides I'd say.. :wub:

My POV, it started hailing towards the end of the ride, quite funny!!!Chessington was great today, but as we all know the park is slowly but surely rotting and is reliant on attractions which are double figures in age (eg Vampire). Rattlesnake was also down all day today and was sorely missed.Mark9 - Please note TPM does not endorse on ride videos on any rollercoasters.