Dragon's Fury

• 4 weeks later...

Thought it was fab that they added a single rider queue to Dragons Fury but it was a shame to see it closed on Sunday when the queue was 60 mins for most of the day! Could this be due to lack of staff or just not bothering as it was only running a three person per car operation?

Three person per car operation is the best time for SRQ's!

Thought it was fab that they added a single rider queue to Dragons Fury but it was a shame to see it closed on Sunday when the queue was 60 mins for most of the day! Could this be due to lack of staff or just not bothering as it was only running a three person per car operation?

Hang on single riders back on fury? Considering the amount of near deaths that occurred the last time it was on there I'm astounded that it's returned.

Errrrr near deaths? They've built a new queue system that leads on to the platform, forming a second staffed merge point before the onload point. It's a bit cumbersome but it works to fill seats. Also they've much improved the entire queue system while they're at it, simpler layout in the part that never gets used (a bit less walking back and forth) and finally moved the Fastrack entrance to where it should have been all along.

The old speakers in that area playing 'dragon' announcements (about lockers and stuff) that no one ever heard have been removed, along with a fair bit of greenery, but its an improvement.

Errr there's still like 1 speaker that distortedly plays the growling sound effects somewhere in the queue. But the rest is still strangely dead and the entrance announcements (like anyone would queue near the entrance to hear them anyway) are now gone. I remember back in 2004 when the whole queue used to play continuous SFX, including a character voice making awful fart jokes, no wonder that went but would be nice to have some ambiance back.

• 2 weeks later...

Got stuck on Fury twice in the afternoon on Tuesday, on the plus side the queue was no more than 20minutes the whole afternoon and we were only stuck for about 10-15mins each time as the engineers were already on site and working on two broken cars(one of which was added onto the circuit in the late afternoon).

We headed there straight in the morning(after getting vampire tickets) and the queue was also only about 15minutes at around 10:30am, however it broke down straight away so we ended up waiting about 30minutes. The breakdowns are never huge problems, however it wastes time as they have to test the whole ride again.

The queueline is really un-atmospheric, the Wild Asia music can be overheard which is nice, but I really think it needs it's own ride theme, whether it has one or not I do not know. On a positive note, it's still a good fun ride and I love the way how it snakes round the land of the dragons.

The sound over tiny truckers is god damn awful though, how do the little kids riding tiny truckers put up with it? The noise is horrendous! Even though I've never been on either, it's one of the main reasons I prefer Toadies Crazy Cars to Truckers as it's a much more secluded ride with no awful noises coming from Dragons fury.

Fury has very frequent but quick-to-resolve breakdowns this season because a main component was replaced over winter.

You may notice the whiplash inducing alignment buffer is now much softer, sometimes too soft. Engineers are working on it though I know.

So if you're in the queue and hear about technical difficulties, more often than not it won't be anything to bother about.

The sound over tiny truckers is god damn awful though, how do the little kids riding tiny truckers put up with it? 

They don't put up with it, that's the simple answer. As far as I'm aware, Truckers and the noise of Fury overhead is the biggest complaint generator on park, which says a lot. I guess its just one of the many reasons why Truckers should be incinerated. Tare it down and replace it with a nice toilet block I say.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure all of them have gone now, bar one or two in the middle of the queue that are now silent. There used to be three separate audio areas I think, only the middle section (roars and rumbles) and by the entrance (information announcements in a 'dragon' voice) had been working in the last few years.

• 4 months later...

giphy.gif

Ermmm, why?

They might as well just say 2 adults per car and be done with it rather than this palavar, which will cause a LOT of issues (and potential embarassment, since at least with the lines/seatbelts on restraints you have some physical reasoning on a ride as to why you cannot ride, rather than making someone stand on some scales)...

Like, only other actual cred that weighs people is Flying Turns at Knobels...

It's been there a while...

No-one actually visits Chessie though now, so updates are naturally sparse...

The limit was 3 adults per car...^

The ride can now accommodate 4 adults however they have to be below a certain weight. If the weight flashes orange and red, then the 4 adults are too heavy and a child would be chosen from the single rider queue line, or the group would be split into 2 2's. If the weight flashes green (as above) then the 4 adults can ride together. I've only seen the procedure done with 4 adults, I've seen 3 adults and kids go along without having to be weighed.

But yes, that weight has been there for a good 2 months or so.