Dragon's Fury

Hey Stealth Supreme, I'm about to disporve everything you just said, so enjoy this.Firstly the engineers attempted to get it open on Friday. They didn't succeed because the ride wasn't having any of it. I was in the park on Friday between 12 and 5. I saw engineers in the control box, on the ride platform and at the top of the lift hill.Secondly, Friday and Saturday had equal amount of guests. There was a couple 100 more on Saturday but not nearly enough to justify them closing Fury for a whole day just to piss a few people off. You may also notice Fury is back open, Bash Street Bus is not. The fact they got Fury open at all when it was due to be closed for the rest of the season shows that Chessington's engineers put their best into getting it open for half term week should be complimented, not criticized just because it wasn't open on your visit.Frankly your point about Falls and Tomb is neither their nor here. Fury's staff aren't just split round those two rides, they aren't part of the same area. To add to this it costs more to run Dragon Falls per hour then Fury so surely if they were cutting costs they'd get Fury open straight away.Now Stealth, here's the crux of things. Alex and I work at Chessington. You can believe what you want but when we say they were trying to fix the rides, we're telling the truth. Its the same for all of the Merlin group. If rides are down behind the scenes the engineers are working their arses of to get them open.

Granted, but that unfortunately dont really help the people who have already travelled to the park

Thats such a moot point. If people are travelling 100's of miles to be at Chessington they probably wouldn't be able to access the internet that easily. If they did its doubtful they would cancel a trip on that basis anyway. Secondly, as you said a ride status can change very quickly. I agree, should be on the website but Cwoa and Alton have never been good at that. We had no idea Hex was to be closed and I didn't know Oblivion was closed for the first day of my two day visit last month. Thorpe are the only ones who have ever been good at that sort of stuff. But that's the only credit I can ever give to them. :blink:

• 2 months later...

Dragon's Fury is the best ride at Chessington and far superior to Spinball at Alton Towers. The ride is brilliantly themed and I think that it's an excellent family ride. Although I wish capacity was better as the queues are often huge but, I suppose you can't have everything...

I agree Dragon's Fury is very well-themed and I love how its encloses the entire area. Spinball may have 2 Immelman Turns but the whole coaster hasn't got a lot of themeing and is very cramped. Wikipedia says the themeing is limited - what a load of crap.Not to mention that Df is longer at 1770+ ft whilst Spinball is only 1500-ish.DF might have long queus but only because its the joint-star attraction along side Vampire. Maybe if there were more rides and attractions, the ride will be less busy?

Fury has nine cars, it is able to run with a maximum of eight therefore one is kept off to be used for parts. All eight cars are rarely seen in operation as using them all increases the risk of there being a block shutdown, as cars need to be unloaded/loaded and then dispatched much quicker than with seven cars.These are facts. Gracias.