Dragon's Fury

I for one am glad there are scales, as it's these heavier people that are probably cause these stupid rules of maximum adults and allow worse throughput (although blame should be put on the bad ride hardware initially)... usually due to political correctness gone mad it's not fair to weigh 'obese' people as they don't like it!? it's unfair on us smaller people who want to ride together and can't. and this is the way I can see theme park rides going where they make larger restraints making the height and age limit higher just to suit large people as they're the ones who complain, when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

Had this issue at alton towers waterpark where the master blaster is a 20 stone weight limit, but for the sake of not wanting to offend people they just say max 1 adult and 1 child; so if me and my mum or friend for example wanted to go on as we'd weigh under 20 stone together we're not allowed as they don't have scales to prove it; so we complained on the way out saying it's discriminating against us, they looked so shocked, but they really shouldn't, it's just people are usually too scared to speak up unless they're fat and offended.

I for one am glad there are scales, as it's these heavier people that ruin it for others and allow worse throughput... usually due to political correctness gone mad it's not fair to weigh 'obese' people as they don't like it!? it's unfair on us smaller people who want to ride together and can't. and this is the way I cansee theme park rides going where they make larger restraints making the height and age limit higher just to suit large people as they're the ones who complain, when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

Had this issue at alton towers waterpark where the master blaster is a 20kg weight limit, but for the sake of not wanting to offend people they just say max 1 adult and 1 child; so if me and my mum or friend for example wanted to go on as we'd weigh under 20kg we're not allowed as they don't have scales to prove it; so we complained on the way out saying it's discriminating against us, they looked so shocked, but they really shouldn't, it's just people are usually too scared to speak up unless they're fat and offended.

You should hope there's a forum award this year for Most Discriminating and Abnoxious Post!

I for one am glad there are scales, as it's these heavier people that ruin it for others and allow worse throughput... usually due to political correctness gone mad it's not fair to weigh 'obese' people as they don't like it!? it's unfair on us smaller people who want to ride together and can't. and this is the way I cansee theme park rides going where they make larger restraints making the height and age limit higher just to suit large people as they're the ones who complain, when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

Had this issue at alton towers waterpark where the master blaster is a 20kg weight limit, but for the sake of not wanting to offend people they just say max 1 adult and 1 child; so if me and my mum or friend for example wanted to go on as we'd weigh under 20kg we're not allowed as they don't have scales to prove it; so we complained on the way out saying it's discriminating against us, they looked so shocked, but they really shouldn't, it's just people are usually too scared to speak up unless they're fat and offended.

20kg is like 3 stone? ;)

I for one am glad there are scales, as it's these heavier people that are probably cause these stupid rules of maximum adults and allow worse throughput (although blame should be put on the bad ride hardware initially)... usually due to political correctness gone mad it's not fair to weigh 'obese' people as they don't like it!? it's unfair on us smaller people who want to ride together and can't. and this is the way I can see theme park rides going where they make larger restraints making the height and age limit higher just to suit large people as they're the ones who complain, when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

I'm not sure if it is intended, but this comes across as rather rude and could offend quite a lot of people (not me personally, but I don't see any reason for an uncalled for attack on larger people).

I'm not sure if it is intended this way, but that post comes across as rather rude and could offend quite a lot of people (not me personally, but I don't see any reason for an uncalled for attack on larger people).

I wouldn't say it is an attack, nor is it uncalled for, and I'm happy to see scales, I'm just wondering how long before we see strings of complaints about it... 

it's just the sad reality with rides with weight restrictions and they just say certain amount of adults and children to save the issue with weighing people, as some larger people seem to kick up a fuss when weighing is involved, but not having scales in the situation of alton towers waterpark master blaster ruins it for people like me who want to ride with another adult and would be under 20stone but can't etc.

this is what I mean though people are too scared to say boo to a ghost because it might offend them, even if it's sometimes it's the truth they can't handle... I wasn't being rude, I just feel I'm saying it as it is.

It's also completely irrelevant as 4 'average' sized adults will send it over the limit anyway. It's nothing to do with heavy or lightweight people

I didn't know the actual limit to be fair on dragons fury, but I brought up the master blaster situation for example to prove my point about how cover rules rather than actual weight can mess things up a bit.

I wouldn't say it is an attack, nor is it uncalled for, and I'm happy to see scales, I'm just wondering how long before we see strings of complaints about it... 

it's just the sad reality with rides with weight restrictions and they just say certain amount of adults and children to save the issue with weighing people, as some larger people seem to kick up a fuss when weighing is involved, but not having scales in the situation of alton towers waterpark master blaster ruins it for people like me who want to ride with another adult and would be under 20stone but can't etc.

this is what I mean though people are too scared to say boo to a ghost because it might offend them, even if it's sometimes it's the truth they can't handle... I wasn't being rude, I just feel I'm saying it as it is.

It's the way it was said that I have an issue with.  This for example:

when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

That is completely unrelated and didn't need to be said, it just comes across as an attack.

On the subject of Chessie's weight restrictions, is there any official policy on Rattlesnake?  On some of my visits we've been allowed 4 adults and sometimes not.  Earlier this year we were told our group could do 4 as we were all fairly light.  If they haven't already, they should put a set of scales at the top of the stairs to ensure they fill as many seats as they can.

I for one am glad there are scales, as it's these heavier people that are probably cause these stupid rules of maximum adults and allow worse throughput (although blame should be put on the bad ride hardware initially)... usually due to political correctness gone mad. 

The funny thing is initially, the whole weight restriction came about over nothing to do with what we're talking about now, it's just become the reason Fury ran a three (initially two) adult rule.

On the subject of Chessie's weight restrictions, is there any official policy on Rattlesnake?  On some of my visits we've been allowed 4 adults and sometimes not.  Earlier this year we were told our group could do 4 as we were all fairly light.  If they haven't already, they should put a set of scales at the top of the stairs to ensure they fill as many seats as they can.

Rattlesnakes initial restriction came about because it was built by Marurer and if Fury had to have a restriction, so did Rattlesnake. As far as I know, it's remained at three adults maximum in a car.

so we complained on the way out saying it's discriminating against us, they looked so shocked, .

That look wasn't shock, it was a look of someone struggling not to verbalise 'go away and stop talking nonsense you buffoon' (or less pleasant words to that effect) for fear of losing their jobs if they opened their mouths. But I'll do it for them "you are a buffoon. Go away and learn what 'discrimination' means".

I didn't know the actual limit to be fair on dragons fury, but I brought up the master blaster situation for example to prove my point about how cover rules rather than actual weight can mess things up a bit.

They don't do it not to offend people, they do it for simplicity (and therefore speed of operation) because weighing everyone is a pain in the arse, counting up to 2 is easy and quick.  

It's the way it was said that I have an issue with.  This for example:

when in probably most cases it's their fault they're that large.

That is completely unrelated and didn't need to be said, it just comes across as an attack.

Maybe rude but it's true :)

If scales are there and it helps throughput, I'm all for it and if people complain they can burn those skinny/ fat b******s with the fire of Fury....

photo-of-the-day-this-is-the-fastest-way

TPM hate fat people, who knew?

Poor show from an apparently senior member of the team suggesting people who complain get burnt, joke or no joke, it's not an amusing situation whatsoever...

For once I agree with you, wouldn't expect that from someone who is supposedly in charge.

I have no issue with the scales, but the attitude displayed towards larger people was just completely unnecessary, and a post like that from a senior member of the team is shocking to be honest.

The thing with scales is not everyone is happy and discussing their weight. Even healthy weight people can shy away from the subject. By having a set of scales, people feel like they're having their weight being shown to others and judged (even if this isn't strictly the case).

Things like someone's height and cheat size are easier seen and less hidden, yet if you see someone denied a ride because of them, you can see how embarrassed they are. Imagine the sheer embarrassment and upset if a group of people collectively find out "They are too heavy to ride together". Not a nice feeling on what is not a topic which isn't openly talked about enough.

It's a traffic light system isn't it? They put the 4 people who want to ride together onto it and it says yes or no.

It's not like it blurts out the persons weight across a tanoy...

As for the outrage at Peaj's comment, I think some of you need to read it again and actually understand what he wrote.

It's a good job some of you aren't old enough to have seen a Jim Davidson sketch if that's all it takes to offend you.

You can tell people on here haven't had to deal with the actual situation of people being too large to ride a certain ride before (either on the ride op side or personally)...

It's not something to really be joked about, because it does affect the person (and be made worse by ride ops who are pretty rude about it, which I've seen)... With the scales system now in place, it's pretty much made obvious now that it's down to a weight issue, rather than a rule that was just enforced for some reason back when I worked on it (which we seemed to deal with pretty well actually without any of this extra faff, especially when finding a single rider is often detrimental to a ride's throughput)...

Does this system actually make a difference to Fury's throughput? If they're stopping every car before dispatch as mentioned, then there are clearly a fair few other reasons that are causing throughputs to go downhill...

But then Chessie's H&S team make Towers' look relatively sensible comparatively...

It's a traffic light system isn't it? They put the 4 people who want to ride together onto it and it says yes or no.

It's not like it blurts out the persons weight across a tanoy...

As for the outrage at Peaj's comment, I think some of you need to read it again and actually understand what he wrote.

It's a good job some of you aren't old enough to have seen a Jim Davidson sketch if that's all it takes to offend you.

I am all for light humour, but this is a forum not a comedy and suggesting that people who complain are burnt is just completely unacceptable.

Also, people not fitting on rides is not a laughing matter and they deserve respect, not nasty comments and jibes.

I've had to take the walk of shame before now. It's not nice, but you have to see the funny side of it. Luckily us fatties are all jolly.

Peaj's post isn't particularly nice, but for the majority of larger people there's truth in it too. I know I could carry less weight, and it's only me that can make it happen. One thing I do take issue with is the initial false outrage of fat people moaning about the scales; as far as I can see that hasn't happened, so who is it we are throwing our rage at?

I33e547861debc88666b83bdae80dfeda2381befa1da9f3bf62e2e40d210f2c71.jpg

See, this attitude is why I'm fat!

This is wandering rather off topic. One great result of these rules can be thinnies being sat behind fatties and the huge imbalance this causes the ride vehicles. I once sat next to my even larger friend, we'd have been well over 30 stone between us at the time, and were sat with the scrawniest little 8 year old you ever did see. That car span like you would not believe, best ride on Fury ever, the kid loved it too even though he pretty much couldn't walk when we got off.