Dragon's Fury

:D Dragon's Fury was a walk on and I had an exam today. :) Ok, I need to visit Chessington a.s.a.p. if Dragon's Fury is a walk on! :DOh... Glad you did not get attacked by bees and wasps! :P

So was Vampire... Well, everything was.Regarding the spinning of the cars on Dragon's Fury, is it all to do with spreading the weight proportionately or does time the time of day have an effect (ie. once its warmed up as it where)?

So was Vampire... Well, everything was.Regarding the spinning of the cars on Dragon's Fury, is it all to do with spreading the weight proportionately or does time the time of day have an effect (ie. once its warmed up as it where)?

Whoever you were replying to about the spinning of the cars. There is a big poster saying...'To spin or Not to spin... That is the question'. On saying once warmed up - I agree with that as I find Dragon's Fury to feel faster and smoother after a few hours of being open. However, You can usually guaranteed a good ride on Dragon's Fury.Whereas Vampire, usually you get a better ride after it has been open for 2 hours.Usually, when I am the first on Vampire, It is still a good ride but not as good until after about 2 hours of operating.

Yeah also went today and had a great day, As you say literally EVERYTHING was walk on! Got MANY stay on rides. And yeah its to do with the weight. Had one spinny as hell ride when there was the two of us sitting on the same side and no one on the other side.

Yeah also went today and had a great day, As you say literally EVERYTHING was walk on! Got MANY stay on rides. And yeah its to do with the weight. Had one spinny as hell ride when there was the two of us sitting on the same side and no one on the other side.

Thats why I mentioned the time of day, as it doesnt seem to spin as wildly with two people on one side in the mornings. Still doesnt lose it enjoyment though!

Thats why I mentioned the time of day, as it doesnt seem to spin as wildly with two people on one side in the mornings. Still doesnt lose it enjoyment though!

The more the ride runs, the warmer the wheels and barings in the car get so yeah it does tend to be a bit more spinny in the afternoon then in the morning. It's the same on Spinball Whizzer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Maurer Sohne spinner cars are quite cramped/small and its a tight fit even for me at just over 1.7.I have seen them allow people over 1.95cm ( the height limit) on before but under certain circumstances I'm not sure of.

I agree with you James.I have seen people allowed onto Dragon's Fury that are over 1.95m.I have only ever seen one person being too tall to ride. (And he was just 1.95m). However, this was a few seasons ago.

There's a few reasons really.1. If they are tall their head won't be supported by the headrest.2. If they have long legs the bar might not go down the required three clicks.3. It's a very tight squeeze for most guests but for tall guests it may be very uncomfortable.The Maximum height restriction isn't as strict as the minimum restriction because the staff explain to guests all the above when they get in the car.

• 2 weeks later...