Bubbleworks

There are no strobes now.H&S reasons. Even though Tomb is allowed them and there is a photo opportunity with a flash.I agree with the Urgh.

There are no health and safety reasons to have no strobe lighting. Strobes are not in any way inherently unsafe, a simple 'strobe lighting is used in this attraction' sign is all that is required.They may have decided from an all guest inclusion view point to not include strobes so epileptics can ride. It annoys me more that they have spent money putting in such awful new lighting than if they had just not bothered. What a waste of cash and opportunity.

It annoys me more that they have spent money putting in such awful new lighting than if they had just not bothered. What a waste of cash and opportunity.

I totally agree with your post and I too am not a great fan of the new lighting sequence in there at the moment. However, it is still definitely an improvement of what it was at the end of last season which was literally just the houselights. No exaggeration.

wasn't there a rumour going round of an american themed land?

Nope... You're confusing that with the continent plans...The park plans to join up several areas together in order to create continents, so Translyvania would come under the Europe area with Market Square, Land of the Dragons and Pirates Cove...

• 2 months later...

I liked that one of the options was to effectively redo the entire ride...Even with comparisons to the original, I don't want that back, onwards and upwards methinks because an attempt at re-creating the original will never be quite the same...Plus I got to say EVERYTHING was wrong with the new one... Result :rolleyes:

So does Bubbleworks have a future?I would much rather this be saved for a major new dark ride project with real artists, real lighting and a real budget, rather than have another stupid rush "retheme" job. This could easily be a repeat of 2006, but it could also be something so much more. I agree, do not attempt at restoring the old ride as that would be a huge embarrassment for Chessington and the past should remain where it is. It is extremely unlikely that any recreation would be as accurate, imaginative or magic as the original. Also audiences and technology have moved on, so something else is needed to pull in crowds.Dark rides are amazing. The possibilities are almost limitless, it really is a chance to let your imagination go anywhere, as long as it can be achieved theatrically and will attract crowds. So why then have so many recent UK dark ride projects been bland, confused and gimmicky? I hope Chessington are going to take the future of Bubbleworks seriously this time. They should learn from their own history on how to make a fantastic unique experience, and also learn from all the mistakes...

Really out of ideas with this one, keep the same theme (as in, bubbleworks) but replace a hell of alot of the theming (pretty much all of it). The thing is ancient now, but it is so popular that I can't see the benefits of a brand spanking new ride. Not sure what else you could put into that bulding aswell.

The ride hardware itself (river, boats etc) is sound for a kids ride and doesn't need to go anywhere. It's just everything around it that is shockingly awful, it could be replaced with pretty much anything and be an improvement.Decent ideas are no good without a budget, decent budgets are no good without ideas. I don't know where they should go with it but something should be done and soon. It's an embarrassment to the park as it stands, even without knowledge of it's former glory.

• 4 months later...
  • Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic