Bubbleworks

I went on bubble works for the first time ever on Sunday and I was really disappointed not just I the theming but how poorly kept it seemed. Peaj pointed out how they ripped the Imperial Leather labels off of the bottles but there was still quite a bit of the sticker left on it so it just looked shabby. It generally seemed unkept and really needs some TLC. The fountain finale was okay but there was just one mirrored wall, they missed a lot of theming ops when they 'rethemed' it a few years ago IMO.

Yay thanks for ruining peoples efforts.

My favourite bit currently is how Bubbleworks photos now include the "smile for the camera" sign in the back of all photos due to its awful positioning. Nicely done.

Other than that, I think they've done quite well with what they have there.. they've made it very dark so you can't see much of the rubbish anymore, and they've made it very colourful just as a dark ride should be. Happy on that front, apart from that all they need to do is just need to remove the entire ride and start again.

meh. I think it was a poor effort to just cover a blatant sign in luminous white painty stuff, to be honest even I could do better (I was just wondering why they couldn't print out a new poster or something). I agree we were in the wrong to start picking it off but we weren't the first! (whilst I know thats no excuse. Curiosity will be the death of me) It seems as though attention has been turned to scorpion express and amazu, and minor details and faults have been forgotten (such as this) elsewhere. :)

• 2 months later...

Probably not even operational. Mainly financial and financial alone.

Which kinda goes towards the addition of mirrors. If someone didn't think they had to put them in ridiculously cheaply using no budget whatsoever then they'd likely have had decent quality mirrors which wouldn't need removing now!

It's funny how most of the time, Merlin have to go through all of these financial stalemates, while the park try to get planning permission for new attractions, and in the end, the result is:

• Warehouses
  • Cattlepens
  • Cheap theming elements (glares at Angry Birds Land and The Smiler ;))
  • ...and more importantly...ENDLESS credit to Merlin for something that's HIDEOUS and SHOCKING to others!

Except Merlin probably didn't knew mirrors were put up this year in the first place, since they are located miles away and aren't directly in charge of the park's every move. In fact mostly just the operational and financial decisions are made by Merlin.

They do have a base of operations just down the road from Chessie though... Dunno what though, since never go down that way...

• 3 weeks later...

I've only ever known it in its current form having only been since 2009... I mean it's a decent enough ride, and always try and do it, and love the fountain finale and come off soaked as some of us can't keep our hands away from the fountains :P I love the flashing lights in it though. the one thing that really bothers me is that it's called bubbleworks, I keep expecting them to have loads of bubble machines throughout the ride (I remember seeing one before a few years ago), plus effects that actually work as some are broken... rollercoasters and other things can get away with it as that's not the unique selling point of the ride, but let's be honest it's the only thing bubbleworks has got going for it!

I have ridden PBBW but I was young and only bits of it stick in my mind, but what was it that made Professor Burps so good? I only remember small portions of the ride as I said so most of it was probably lost on me but I remember there being a great atmosphere and there was just so much to look at but what in particular made it so special for so many of you on here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic