Bubbleworks

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I went on Bubbleworks, the part in the rubber ducky 'theme park' section, the rollercoaster effect with the ducks going on it wasn't working :(.

It's working now (well it was when I went on yesterday) but there is just one large duck going over the left hand side of the "rollercoaster".  The right hand part (that with the left hand side running just after to give the illusion of a duck running along the rollercoaster) does not work so the effect doesn't work.  It's a shame as the finale has improved in the last year! 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just been on Bubbleworks and have noticed a couple of changes done, most particularly the ride station.

I don't know if it was like this at the end of last year, but the station seems to be a lot darker than I remember and there's almost no visible white lighting shining on the boats that pass through. Instead, a lot more coloured lights are present with blue, red and green and the existing white lights have been dimmed a lot.

I like this change as it looks more colourful and gives the station a better look.

Here's a picture to show what I mean:

788f201365c82129f2a229d36d29aae7.jpg

It might be hard to see, but it really was this dark inside this morning!

Besides from the station, the duck roller coaster wasn't working, the duck helter skelter now makes a horrible screeching sound as it rotates and the mirrors inside the fountain finale have been removed and replaced by a black wall, just like Coaster Jamie said. My only guess as to why is because the mirrors kept steaming up after leaving the fountains on for a while inside.

That is a lot more like its original darker, atmospheric lighting scheme. Big improvement. It totally detracts when you have light spills and it makes the room look nothing more than a decorated box.

Shame they ever removed the built in lights to illuminate the sets as intended, but that's the least of the mistakes made during the 06 ruinfurbishment

• 2 weeks later...

As you can tell by the title I'm very excited I have recently been talking to Bazil Durrent one of the original builders for the ride and we were talking about prof burp and was saying ever since imperial leather sponsorship ran out it was planned for prof burp will make a come back but it will happen during this year's repairs during the winter period and will be completely re themed as pop factory as intended that is why they added the old music it won't happen yet as they want to keep it a secret

it won't happen yet as they want to keep it a secret

*glances at secret flying out window*

Always wanted to try the old version of Bubbleworks! Hope this is true but if so I hope they do a proper job with the re re theme unlike certain other little projects we have seen around the park ... *cough* Dragon Falls *cough*

To be honest, I will keep any judgment of excitement or development until I see from an official source [or the park itself].

I really want the ride to get a big refurbishment as it's one of my favourite rides at Chessington [even in it's fairly poor state currently], but I'm not too sure if looking into the past would be the way forward, but we shall have to see.

Having met all the key team members that created the ride I can tell you that they could not possibly know about the future of BubbleWorks because none of them have been contacted about it for 25 years.

Also I've got all sorts of documents with the names of those involved in creating the ride and never heard of "Bazil Durrent", so who is he?

However there's more credibility to the story than you think but don't expect a BubbleWorks redesign yet.

The only refurb that's happening is of Dragon Falls, and that should be ready by last year.

I personally can't wait for it.

Dont know where you got this idea from but there is a lot more happening than Dragon Falls.

As for being ready by last year, that project never got off the ground let alone being scheduled for a completion date.

Dont know where you got this idea from but there is a lot more happening than Dragon Falls.

As for being ready by last year, that project never got off the ground let alone being scheduled for a completion date.

The joke was more aimed at that infamous sign that came around when Falls' theming (in 2012?) was taken down and said it would be replaced in 2014.  Looking back, it's rather stupid of them to have even given a time frame for it.

Hopefully it will be sorted out one day, but it is one of those things where I'll only believe it when I see it.

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic