Bubbleworks

I missed the joke, I do take BubbleWorks too seriously don't I.

And yes very strange that out of all the projects Chessington were trying to start, the dragon falls one was publically announced.

Perhaps it was a rushed announcement To lessen the shock of its poor appearance, but now we're pretty used to bits of Chessington disappearing each year.

The only thing bubbleworks needs is dynamite. And lots of it.

I really don't see what could be done with that mess now.

That's not true, no matter what state the ride is in, they could still gut all of the ride theming and start again.

For example, look at what BPB did with the old Goldmine ride - unless you have seen it with the lights on you wouldn't know that it used to be Goldmine themed, it's been completely redesigned but still has the same layout and overall building infrastructure.

EDIT:  Actually, the same applies with Terror Tomb and Fifth Dimension if that's a more relevant example.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but if they ever did exist and were removed it's probably so that the ride could be even more family friendly and be open to a wide audience. Which in the long term is probably for the better as it's on of the rides in the park the whole family can truly enjoy together.

I swear there used to be strobes in the last bit too. I remember it being magical when I was little; the lights turning onandoffandonandoffandon. But they stopped that. :(

I definitely remember there being strobes! They were there when I had my first (and only) time on Professor Burp's Bubbleworks. :)

It had a magnificent strobe lighting sequence that will stay with me forever. It was perfectly safe because it was timed in short bursts and the appropriate warnings were given at the entrance. It was the most amazin part and enjoyed by millions of young families without any issue over its 15 years.

There are now prominent strobes in Tomb and Zufari as well with no problem.

The strobes were not removed completely as such, just the lighting was botched so they came on at the wrong time and had no stroboscopic effect. Originally they were programmed to come on during blackout and the rate slowed gradually to give the visual effect of the water droplets changing speed.

That's not true, no matter what state the ride is in, they could still gut all of the ride theming and start again.

For example, look at what BPB did with the old Goldmine ride - unless you have seen it with the lights on you wouldn't know that it used to be Goldmine themed, it's been completely redesigned but still has the same layout and overall building infrastructure.

EDIT:  Actually, the same applies with Terror Tomb and Fifth Dimension if that's a more relevant example.

What ride could they possibly put in there that's relevant to the Transylvanian theme?

A cheesy ghost train isn't going to cut it.

What ride could they possibly put in there that's relevant to the Transylvanian theme?

A cheesy ghost train isn't going to cut it.

No that's not what I meant, I meant that it would be possible to revert back to Professor Burp, the examples were just to show that it is possible to completely change a dark ride.

No that's not what I meant, I meant that it would be possible to revert back to Professor Burp, the examples were just to show that it is possible to completely change a dark ride.

I've always thought that the bubbleworks felt out of place in the Transylvania area. I think the original idea of a brewery would have fit in much better.

But of course, advertising alcohol to children is the reason that was scrapped.

There was never a brewery concept planned ever, that's just a common misunderstanding of JohnW's story of how he came up with the BubbleWorks, but he never proposed it to be a brewery.

It was a magic pop factory from day 1 of planning, from before the Transylvania concept was developed. The station sets at least were dressed to look like a European town with the canal running through it. It was also a good enough ride for no one to care about it "not fitting in"!

It had a magnificent strobe lighting sequence that will stay with me forever.

For anyone that never got to see it, magnificent is not an overstatement of the effect the original lighting created. It really was magical having the fountains appear to freeze over your head. 

If they could reinstate that lighting to the finale it would almost make up for the mess that now precedes it. A relatively cheep and quick win Chessie. Do it!

Only Chessington could come up with that one!  :lol:

For goodness sake, if Chessington closed the ride you would still moan. At least they found a temporary solution to at least keep the ride open for guests. I think guests would rather split up than have Bubbleworks closed completely! Don't see why you never stop moaning!

Yep, we don't know why they have low water levels...  Could be that they have a repair to do and have had to drain some water out to be able to do so.

As stated above, lowering the water level and having 2 per boat rather than close then entire ride is a satisfactory solution.   Hopefully, it will be running at normal capacity over the weekend when it will be far busier.

For goodness sake, if Chessington closed the ride you would still moan. At least they found a temporary solution to at least keep the ride open for guests. I think guests would rather split up than have Bubbleworks closed completely! Don't see why you never stop moaning!

Oh come on, surely you must have realised that was a joke?  :rolleyes:

Of course it's an issue and it's much better than closing it, I actually do respect them for keeping it open but I was just trying to be humorous, surely the ( :lol:) face gave that away?

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic