Bubbleworks

Imo the only bad piece ImaScore have done is Towers Street. It would be good for a Chessie Halloween event. Not Towers Street.

1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

And it would be rather insulting to have a piece as famous as the fountain finale track just replaced. 

Well its not staying is it.

TBF Merlin could not do anything more to disrespect the classic Professor Burp's Bubbleworks..

Honestly I would like them to just change everything, theme to it robot aliens and it'll make more sense than a Imperial Leather factory with ducks in the middle of

transylvania?

The Original was classic and somewhat worked, but Merlin have ruined it, why just change it with something new?

As BubbleWorks in its current state is 5 minute boat ride advertisement for Imperial Leather..

Had my last ride on Bubbleworks today. It might not be a world class dark ride and it might not have a patch on Prof. Burps but it's the only ride I can really say was my childhood ride because as a small child Bubbles was my favourite ride and I have some great memories on there, and for that reason it was very sad.

4 hours ago, imindetonator said:

As BubbleWorks in its current state is 5 minute boat ride advertisement for Imperial Leather..

All Imperial Leather advertising was removed a few years ago

Bit gutted that I won't make the last day tomorrow, Bubbleworks is a ride I have always enjoyed - though sadly I never got to ride the original (otherwise I'd probably hate the current version!)

Personal opinion of the ride aside, I honestly think that Chessington are making a huge mistake by removing Bubbleworks. It does need a lot of work, but with the right creativity it really could have been a 'special' ride again without changing much of the actual infrastructure.

Looking at the merits, the ride has a world class soundtrack which everyone knows and loves, a good infrastructure, scenes which could, with work, look great (restoring the original colours would work wonders), and potential for a new idea for the factory theme to be added without actually having to change too much.  In addition to this, the fundamental idea is timeless and something that can be enjoyed by all ages.

There is also no denying that it's a popular ride; it generates 40+ minute queues on a regular basis, and the public reaction to the closure says it all.

It almost feels like they wanted it to deteriorate over the last few years, for example the fountain finale which was allowed to remain in a dire condition (black walls and bad use of lighting), broken audio in places, and generally feeling worse-for-wear. This sort of thing should be picked up by the park and improved so questions have to be asked - why did they neglect it?

Actually, wasn't there talk of it being refurbished to be more like the original a few years back? If so, what happened to that idea?

^ Senior management teams changed at the end of 2013 as part of a shake up following the diabolical year (huge drop in profits, guest satisfaction being down, Zufari under-preforming massively), and with it left the people pushing for such a refurbishment. Since then the park have wanted nothing but to get rid of it.

Looking at the merits, the ride has a world class soundtrack which everyone knows and loves, a good infrastructure, scenes which could, with work, look great (restoring the original colours would work wonders), and potential for a new idea for the factory theme to be added without actually having to change too much.

Lol, nope.

8 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

^ Senior management teams changed at the end of 2013 as part of a shake up following the diabolical year (huge drop in profits, guest satisfaction being down, Zufari under-preforming massively), and with it left the people pushing for such a refurbishment. Since then the park have wanted nothing but to get rid of it.

Lol, nope.

That is a huge shame.

What's wrong with the infrastructure of the ride out of interest?

Well erm, the foundations of the station and finale wing of the building are hugely botched, constantly requiring work, and the wood flooring and supports beneath the ride have a tendency to rot (a MAJOR structural support for the building had to be replaced last winter for example). Infrastructure issues are what led to the sponsorship in the first place, as DIC cba to pay to stop the ride being condemned.

But of course the Gruffalo isn't going to fix it, and they know that, they just don't want to pay for another building. 

3 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Well erm, the foundations of the station and finale wing of the building are hugely botched, constantly requiring work, and the wood flooring and supports beneath the ride have a tendency to rot (a MAJOR structural support for the building had to be replaced last winter for example). Infrastructure issues are what led to the sponsorship in the first place, as DIC cba to pay to stop the ride being condemned.

But of course the Gruffalo isn't going to fix it, and they know that, they just don't want to pay for another building. 

That's not good, but as you said, Gruffalo won't improve this anymore than a refurbishment of Bubbleworks would have.

8 hours ago, gwinny6 said:

Sorry for this stupid question but where did the idea that this is going to be Gruffalo themed come from? I'm not doubting it, just wondering

It's not been confirmed but a month or so ago someone on facebook reported a survey asking about the name of a new boat ride at a UK theme park that will be a slow moving boat ride (believe it was the British Dark Rides Project who reported and have been posting a lot of images of the pre imperial days)

(Can't post the image but if you go to there facebook page it is there)

Now that doesn't confirm it but that other UK theme parks are retheming / building a new water ride.

1 minute ago, MattyMoo said:

Funnily enough, that's what happens when you massively cut the budget for a project ;)

What do you mean! I prefer Zufari to Kilimanjaro Safaris ;) I mean... that ending <3

To stay somewhat on topic. As today is the last day chessington better prove to us that this was not just a cash grab... I mean it blatantly was with all the BTS tours and auctioning going on but if they give it a good send off I might somewhat forgive them...

16 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Bit gutted that I won't make the last day tomorrow, Bubbleworks is a ride I have always enjoyed - though sadly I never got to ride the original (otherwise I'd probably hate the current version!)

Personal opinion of the ride aside, I honestly think that Chessington are making a huge mistake by removing Bubbleworks. It does need a lot of work, but with the right creativity it really could have been a 'special' ride again without changing much of the actual infrastructure.

Looking at the merits, the ride has a world class soundtrack which everyone knows and loves, a good infrastructure, scenes which could, with work, look great (restoring the original colours would work wonders), and potential for a new idea for the factory theme to be added without actually having to change too much.  In addition to this, the fundamental idea is timeless and something that can be enjoyed by all ages.

There is also no denying that it's a popular ride; it generates 40+ minute queues on a regular basis, and the public reaction to the closure says it all.

You just said exactly what I wanted to say the whole time, just better.

6 hours ago, KingNemesis said:

It's not been confirmed but a month or so ago someone on facebook reported a survey asking about the name of a new boat ride at a UK theme park that will be a slow moving boat ride (believe it was the British Dark Rides Project who reported and have been posting a lot of images of the pre imperial days)

(Can't post the image but if you go to there facebook page it is there)

Now that doesn't confirm it but that other UK theme parks are retheming / building a new water ride.

Bubbleworks isn't exactly slow moving though

(Sorry for the double post, I tried to edit the quote into my other post but it wouldn't let me

23 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

I've recently started to doubt the rumours of Bubbleworks being the future Gruffalo ride. My explanation can be found here if you're unsure on what I'm on about. :)

So Hotel Transylvania it is then ;)

I&#39;m just getting more and more emotional the more I think about it really and remember the memories I've had on Bubbleworks. What replaces it had BETTER be good.

3 minutes ago, Benin said:

I'll take, "Things we said 10 years ago" for £100...

When I was three, so how am I meant to know anything about Professor Burps other than what I've seen or heard from the internet? I&#39;m just thinking about memories I'VE had with MY family, and what happened ten years ago really doesn't affect that. This is the first time I've had any sort of ride that I have good memories on removed or rethemed or whatever, and for that reason right now I really don't care what the ride is or how it came about.

13 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

The last public riders got stuck on Bubbleworks lol

This is simply not true.

I have never seen such a disgusting group of enthusiasts in my life. 50+ all fighting with the managers and other guests to get the last boat. DOES IT REALLY MATTER. Everyone filming all kinds of weird things making average park goers uncomfortable and screaming the music at the top of their lungs, it really ruined the whole good bye experience for me. I guess the send off is appropriate because the whole experience was parallel to how crap the ride had become.

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic