Bubbleworks

What makes it sadder is that of the 5 items I've seen listed so far they are all listed by the same person. So someone with a lot of money has bought a load of the props and is just selling them on for profit. At least some money from the original sales went to the charities! Though they claim a portion of the money you pay for the ebay items goes to charity as well I find it difficult to believe that this is true and is rather just an attempt to make back the money they've spent and more!

I hope most of the props went to people who cared about them rather than people just wanting to make money! Any of you lot get any? :P

I doubt anyone on here bothered because no one with disposable income cared about the closure...

In terms of people selling park merch online, it never tends to get too over the actual price at retail (apart from maps, I've seen people pay £10 for a Thorpe map!), and Merlin have a history of taking down a few sales on eBay (though granted that is stuff not available to the public, like the Nemesis audio that was sold off and then had to be returned)...

It's an interesting conundrum really, profiteering off a 'charity' auction...

Out of interest, does anyone on here have any of the Prof Burp's props that were sold in 2005?

From what I gather the Gas room Burp, lots of bottles big & small, a Boffin and various misc parts were sold, oddly a load of well-known props were just binned too. The Finale Burp was kept by the park but later thrown out.

4 hours ago, Archive said:

Out of interest, does anyone on here have any of the Prof Burp's props that were sold in 2005?

From what I gather the Gas room Burp, lots of bottles big & small, a Boffin and various misc parts were sold, oddly a load of well-known props were just binned too. The Finale Burp was kept by the park but later thrown out.

I have one of the original Hic-Cups :)

Hopefully I will be picking up the bath tub from the first scene and the big yellow poster from the queue line with the duck with cucumbers over the eyes on Sunday.  Going to have to hire a van for them.  I plan on keeping these not ebaying them.  Mind you the wife isn't best pleased.  What are you going to do with the bath tub she asks?! ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this appeared on Chessington's Facebook recently...

Morning Adventurers, we have some exciting news to share with you: a new creature is coming to Chessington for 2017. Follow the clues this week to guess what this creature may be. We will be announcing on Friday, so let us know if you think you’ve guessed it! #anewcreatureiscoming#Chessingtonsnewarrival

Little do Chessington know, roughly 95.9% of people already know the identity of this "new creature"... :glare:

25 minutes ago, JamminGamer said:

I take it back.......

"A gruffalo? What's a gruffalo?"
"A gruffalo! Why, didn't you know?

He has knobbly knees, and turned-out toes,
And a poisonous wart at the end of his nose."

I'd love if Chessington were pulling our leg. Sending us down the path of the Gruffalo and it ends up being something completely different :D

4 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Seriously annoyed by this. I didnt mind about Bubbleworks - but the Grufallo. Nobody wanted the Grufallo! We should boycott the ride. Get #GrufalloRideBoycott trending on Twitter.

You must be new to Merlin investments. Welcome to the first of many disappointments. 

11 minutes ago, Archive said:

THAT's the way they're going to announce it? Facebook animal clues? God sake

And that's only the beginning of me turning away from Chessington really. The rest of the way will be made up from Chessington turning what was once a world-famous dark ride into a flipping kids ride!!

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic