Bubbleworks

What does that matter? It wasn't exactly representative of any culture associated with that time, its just been around a long time, and its original date of publication would never have come into consideration in choosing the IP. Its chosen because of the franchise potential and recognition value, just like everything is now. And because its on a downwards trajectory, after so many follow up books and other media based on it for years, and so they can get it cheaply.

Its a space filler for the next 5 years, exactly like all the Madagascar stuff was before this. UK parks arent about culture and creative enterprise anymore, its about flash in the pan trends and keeping up the statistics for Merlin's big empire. Not particularly interesting once you're over the age of 6/7 and just a first world indulgence to be honest

46 minutes ago, Archive said:

What does that matter? It wasn't exactly representative of any culture associated with that time, its just been around a long time, and its original date of publication would never have come into consideration in choosing the IP. Its chosen because of the franchise potential and recognition value, just like everything is now. And because its on a downwards trajectory, after so many follow up books and other media based on it for years, and so they can get it cheaply.

Its a space filler for the next 5 years, exactly like all the Madagascar stuff was before this. UK parks arent about culture and creative enterprise anymore, its about flash in the pan trends and keeping up the statistics for Merlin's big empire. Not particularly interesting once you're over the age of 6/7 and just a first world indulgence to be honest

Just like Shrek's Adventure opening 5 years after the last film was released!

6 hours ago, Benin said:

That's not exactly a forfeit though is it?

How about you change your username to LegoblandSam instead?

Yes. Have you ever eaten from that place?

And why would I change my name to LegoblandSam? Because I said one of their restaurants is horrible?

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It doesn't need to be top anything, as long as it's a fun family ride, that's all that matters. 

It could be good. It could be very good. But Tomb Blaster 2, Zufari and others don't fill me with much optimism unfortunately.

If it turns out to be better than the Imperial Leather Bubble works, I'll buy the first person to say told you so, half a pint.

Anything is better than IL BubbleWorks, which should have closed before it even opened.

But still I doubt it will be anything special for many many longstanding reasons.

I dearly hope they dont try and add some fanservice 'tribute' to Prof Burp's Bubbleworks, it would be such a lie considering their real knowledge and opinion on it. Prof Burp's BubbleWorks embodied the very opposite culture of what Merlin sadly values today.

Saw this post on Facebook:

The beginning of the re-theming of that area as they now have the rights to the Julia Donaldson books. Vampire will be changed to The Room on the Broom ride with new rides in Market Square coming later.

Seems like an interesting idea. 

Please stop moaning, let's not judge this book by it's cover!

I for one quite like this theme and I think it could do really well at Chessington - that's if they take the story of the gruffalo as opposed to just the theme. If you were to go through the attraction as if it were the book that would be much better than just seeing the gruffalo appear in every seen IMO.

Oh and Sam, I highly doubt that's true - Transylvania is one of the most distinct and popular sections on park. (But, if this rumour is true and Vampire becomes 'room on the broom', please, Merlin give it Vekoma's dragonfly trains and theme each seat to a broom stick.:)

17 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

Oh and Sam, I highly doubt that's true - Transylvania is one of the most distinct and popular sections on park. (But, if this rumour is true and Vampire becomes 'room on the broom', please, Merlin give it Vekoma's dragonfly trains and theme each seat to a broom stick.:)

This is Merlin we're talking about. Of course they will!