Tomb Blaster

• 2 weeks later...

Had two rides on Sunday. On both rides I had a non-functional blaster. One of them just randomly went up by 100 points every 30s or so even though I wasn't firing it. When I did try firing it, it didn't work at all.

They still haven't fixed the targets in the axe throwing area. I give up hope with them fixing it for this year. Let us hope for next year instead...

• 1 month later...

It's a bit of a silly question. But does anyone know what the glass part of the floor in the corner of the queueline a little bit before the station is for/supposed to be? Or is it just something more technical like lighting or something? It's been bugging me for a while as to what it is and for!

This is a big statement Laser Raiders at Legoland is better.

Yes - because it was actually DESIGNED to be an interactive shooter (unlike Tomb and Duel which were essentially haunted houses before the revamps). I also like how it's pretty much based on a ghost train system as well! (hence the doors opening by bashing into them and the various tight corners)

Oh, one more thing...the guns actually WORK on LR as well. ;)

In regards to both of these rides, Tomb blaster is definitely the better of the two.

Whilst the ride is currently fairly worn in places with faulty boasters,lasers and passed its best, the ride is far superior as it features a heavily themed exterior with rock work, waterfall and queue that in good old Tussaud's manner (though slightly ruined by the tall fences now) snakes it's way around the area building up to the main event inside.

It also features lots of highly immersive large quality effects (when working), a catchy souñdtrack and is one of the few rides at Chessington to exceed 1000 in throughput (when on 5 trains).

Laser Raiders is still good in the way that it's more interactive than tombs, still features a nicely themed queue (for merlin standards) and also a fairly catchy soundtrack (tombs is obvs better) however there's quite a few problems.

1/ the train tracks run between the entrance and the ride building which means not just going outside the tent to get across it (slightly ruining the build up IMO) but also entering a second much poorer snd boring designed queue which isn't very nice to wait in.

2/ the throughput of the ride is rather abysmal (like most of Legoland's rides) and often gets 2 hour queues on peak days plus with the ride design of 4 people per car and dispatches around every 30 seconds (we're already less than fury), the ride probably doesn't get more than 400 PPH on a good day.

3/ the shop and scarabs feel pretty shoe horned in to the tent and it feels very mediocre appearance wise

4/ the layout wasnt done very well to begin with and was not really though out well.

So yes, lasers is an ok ride (for Legoland) but Tombs is still better than a mile (even now), however neither are a patch on Duel .

Edit- so many mistakes :o

• 9 months later...