Tomb Blaster

Merlin's biggest investment ever vs chicken shack extension

It's almost like the Merlin rotates the amount of money invested into each park on different years...

I'm not Chessington's biggest fan, but when they're investing in Tomb Blaster, a new show, Trail of the Kings, a re-do of Vampire's old entrance and more, it does sort of make your joke fail.

Edit: Benin ninjaed me but yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Urrrgh, it was so disappointing. They had so much potential and such a great opportunity to do something really great with that ride. But no, all we get is the same as before only with the metal ceiling now fully visible and ugly wires for the targets.

Oh, at the firepit music STILL hasn't been fixed. How saddling. It was such a let down.

Tomb Blaster was utterly appaulling. Let's be clear, this refurbishment focussed on Health And Safety so that the ride could be approved to be open, and it is now clearer than ever that Merlin do not give a damn about the actual visitor experience.

How anyone could think the changes made to Tomb Blaster are positive I do not know. The ride clearly won't last many years longer and it shows in how little effort has been put into the ride's refurbishment. My gratitude to the few people who I know did make an effort whether it be the touch ups in set painting, speakers reconnected here and there or an *attempt* at least to make the ride look good, but overall every aspect of the ride is now shockingly lifeless, unentertaining and unprofessional.

I don't mean to be negative... the ride has good potential with some great set pieces and scenes... But 850k spent, and what I experienced today was terrible, majority of targets lit up but not working, a whole section with the boulder off / not working, photo section at the end not working and no notable scene changes... Got to commend them on the general upkeep of the ride with the newly repainted scenes and better consistent loudness of speakers and sound effects, (though still too quiet), and the guns feel nice heavy and targets look alright... But as they're just plonked on themeing the black cable wires are showing on quite a few places. So my verdict even if they fix the few bugs which are possibly expected near the beginning... Was it worth 850k... No way near worth that much (though before I get slated, I imagine some of that was spent on other things not noticeable like to the building itself and H&S etc..)

Everything I've heard about Tomb's touch ups seems to be mixed and contradictory.

I've heard some people saying the ride looks so much better, there's more atmosphere and all the effects bar the boulder have been fixed.

Then I hear others saying it's been a wasted opportunity, things still broken and the ride wasn't worth the effort.

As someone who's yet to experience Tombs V2, I can't make head or tail of this until April.

It's very hard not to be negative when you've been an enthusiast for a long time and you've seen the decline in Merlin parks.

I agree completely with this, but it seems that anything other than rose-tinted positivity isn't allowed on here.

EDIT:  This post now looks rather random after the others have been removed.

You kill me Mark.

I quite literally don't even know if I'm being serious or taking the piss anymore. 

I agree completely with this, but it seems that anything other than rose-tinted positivity isn't allowed on here.

EDIT:  This post now looks rather random after the others have been removed.

You crack me up CJ. 

I hope you all enjoyed my 5000th post. It was an invaluable contribution to TPM.

I don't mean to be negative... the ride has good potential with some great set pieces and scenes... But 850k spent, and what I experienced today was terrible, majority of targets lit up but not working, a whole section with the boulder off / not working, photo section at the end not working and no notable scene changes... Got to commend them on the general upkeep of the ride with the newly repainted scenes and better consistent loudness of speakers and sound effects, (though still too quiet), and the guns feel nice heavy and targets look alright... But as they're just plonked on themeing the black cable wires are showing on quite a few places. So my verdict even if they fix the few bugs which are possibly expected near the beginning... Was it worth 850k... No way near worth that much (though before I get slated, I imagine some of that was spent on other things not noticeable like to the building itself and H&S etc..)

majority of targets lit up but not working

.Maybe your aim just needs a little improvement

Remember guys this is a preview. Maybe the attraction isn't at 100% yet.