Tomb Blaster

My aim where I'm within a meter of several of them and no matter how much I shoot my score isn't increasing and they're not changing colour.... Don't question my aim ;)

Yes I agree though that hopefully it'll get better soon... But just in general still, it doesn't feel like it was worth the money :(

I do question your aim :)

During my first ride on this new version, I was shooting at the targets and seeing how many points a blue or green gave me, any target I shot, my points increased so yes I question your ability ;)

For me, I love the new paint and I personally find it looks refreshed. After hearing how much it cost, I myself wondered where the money went but now I've read a couple of posts on here, I didn't realize there was an H&S issue and knowing how much those things can cost - I'm happy with the touch up.

However there is one thing I Hate - The new Guns & Targets! I believe Adam said to me it's from SallyCorp? whoever they are I know Jack is obsessed with them - however I hate there systems. (They have the Legoland shooter and I know on a European trip last year at Wallubi Belguim a Egypt shooter was the same) The shooter themselves are too blocky and they are slow and the targets do not pick them up as easily/ they get fainter as you go further. I much prefer the smaller/ older targets which now sadly only appear on Duel, They are more responsive, you can shoot a bit more and the laser is more distinct and you actually have to aim!

I won't hear any negativity on the Challenge of Tut ride at Walibi Belgium, that thing is bloody amazing...

The Sally system is alright too, like there's nothing really that wrong with it... Plus they've produced some fantastic dark rides and animatronics...

Challenge is fab to be fair, but the guns and lasers felt so clunky and awkward for me. Looking forward to doing it again actually..

• 4 weeks later...

What on earth have they done to this? :(  I went on it today for the first time since its so-called "upgrade", and frankly they have ruined everything that was still enjoyable about the ride.

The stage lighting has all gone and has been replaced with tacky UV lights which light up the warehouse ceiling - this was previously hidden from view in most places, whereas now it is more prominent than the theming!

Further to this, the quality of the audio was awful, and sounds such as the mummies at the end were missing - this was supposed to be an upgrade!

The final point is the guns, they just don't work.  Half of the targets didn't respond to the guns, and the ones that did required two or three presses of the trigger before they changed colour, which is just shoddy.

Further to this, the quality of the audio was awful, and sounds such as the mummies at the end were missing - this was supposed to be an upgrade!

The final point is the guns, they just don't work.  Half of the targets didn't respond to the guns, and the ones that did required two or three presses of the trigger before they changed colour, which is just shoddy.

Did Chessington explicitly say that Tomb was being upgraded, or is that just what was said in the enthusiast circles?

Might just be your aim ;)

This was posted on the Merlin annual pass group on Facebook just now:

Went there today and it was closed got talking to member of staff on it as it used to b a ride I operated and was curious what problem was to see if it would open later.

Apparently no pa working which they need to operate in building in case of evacuation and the bars on the train won't lock down.

In programming for this ride if u try and send with the bars not shown as locked it won't move and the ride shuts itself down

This was posted on the Merlin annual pass group on Facebook just now:

Went there today and it was closed got talking to member of staff on it as it used to b a ride I operated and was curious what problem was to see if it would open later.

Apparently no pa working which they need to operate in building in case of evacuation and the bars on the train won't lock down.

In programming for this ride if u try and send with the bars not shown as locked it won't move and the ride shuts itself down

Sounds quite bad, do you know how long it could take to fix?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk