Tomb Blaster

if youre gun doesn't work and you asked for a priority pass (or something similar) would you get one

If you went to Tomb Blaster operator and informed them. They would probably say you cant sit where the broken gun is and allow you to have another ride. (providing you are serious and not messing about!) <_<

I haven't seen Tomb Blaster with a queue over 30 minutes since it first opened! Everytime I went, it basically stopped at the staircase outside before going in. Methinks my favourite bit about it, is the music. It's something to just hum to when bored =]

When I went to Chessington when Tomb Blaster opened. It said waiting time is 90 minutes.The queue was coming out of the enterance if I remember correctly.

I get extremely competitive on this ride - people who have been on with me would know. I know the ride is meant to be for fun but sometimes I get carried away and take it too seriously.....heheI've been meaning to one day just go around the ride and not shoot and just actually enjoy the ride with it's theming as it is really good but as soon as I see that gun I can't resist.Personally I prefer Tomb Blaster to Duel as the ride just seems to be more 'grand' but I have to agree that Duel is more of a shooting ride with your little Ghost Zappers

I went on this twice in the year 2003 it must have been. I got 24,000 both times which was good but no improvement <_<

• 2 months later...

I have to say straight away I love Tomb Blaster!It is a excellently themed ride with very good audio music and station announcements. (Including the video in the queue line which is just amazing!)My favourite part of Tomb Blaster has to be the Final Scene with the big Snake. :P That part is also my favourite audio out of the whole ride on Tomb Blaster.A great ride and one I look foward to everytime I visit Chessington & Zoo. Also, Usually with a fair queue so that can add to the ride factor thinking I have not had to queue 60 mins! :D

• 3 months later...

It's probably the same as what happened to the Haunted House at Alton. Times move on, once people have ridden a ride like that, the most people won't want to ride it again.Adding in the guns creates another dimension to the ride. One thing I would like to do to Tomb Blaster, is create a sort of on-board guide with you, so there's a plot of some sort and the guy in the video that birefs you, is helping you on your mission. I think that would be really fantastic and some of the bore sections ( long stop on snake) may be eliminated and may make up for the lack of pace.

• 3 weeks later...

Very sorry for double post but it was a good few weeks ago now :)I've always wondered with Tomb Blaster, would it be able to be converted so it could run single cars like Duel? Tomb Blaster has such a slow moving queue wheras Duel, is probably one of, if not the fastest queue I've been in.

Very sorry for double post but it was a good few weeks ago now :)I've always wondered with Tomb Blaster, would it be able to be converted so it could run single cars like Duel? Tomb Blaster has such a slow moving queue wheras Duel, is probably one of, if not the fastest queue I've been in.

I don't think you would be able to as each scene is different.E.g. The Final Scene (With the big snake).The audio is a long piece and is all in time with the train.Plus, sometimes the train can't move until another train is at a certain point.Also, in my opinion, I prefer the long trains with the 'characters' inside going to the full length of the train. (For example: Snake at the end turns each way as if it is looking right to the start / end of the train.Just my opinion though! :)

• 5 months later...

I am liking the additions to the ride - Mainly the flame effects on the walls in the scene I can never spell, so will say the big 'S'. :mellow:The final scene of Tomb Blaster is my favourite! The lights in the snakes eyes were just a nice touch,The only negative vibe I had on Sunday was that the TV's in the queue line wern't playing the DVD**Well, tried to but just white lines flickering on and off!

I am sure these were only fixed effects that have not been working for a while. The flame effects in the scene with the giant Anubis statue were a nice touch, but I would not really call them flames, more like glowing cracks! I also saw some quivering bodies tangled in webs behind the track in the snake pit scene. Quite spooky!

Went on Tomb Blaster last Sunday. Must say, I enjoyed it more than normal. I don't tend to like Tomby because, unlike Duel, I feel the action is much less constant and this isn't helped by the stop and start system. Loved the music as always. Anyone know if the alternative themes (played in the background of the mission video, the mummy "duel" scene and the music on the boulder bit [not the entrance music] ) are avaliable anywhere? They're not part of the exterior theme and I absolutely love those versions. Anyways, nice little new things I've never seen when I've ridden before too. The new snakes eyes were cool, thought this was a great touch as well as the chest - swear this had different stuff inside it? Unless I'm going mad, there seems to be a new announcement in the station area too? Voiced by someone different sounding more like they are speaking through a walkie talkie. Was quite cool but, they didn't really know how to voice act and it just said somthing similar as the announcement that played after it. Glad there were no vibrations during my ride too, but I doubt this is permenant.:mellow:

HD Ride: Tomb Blaster (New)HD Ride is a series of videos I publish on most rides I have been on. In this updated version of the Tomb Blaster video you can clearly see the lava crack effects at 4:07. Also, the snake's red eyes are seen. I am pretty sure they used to be green like the Anubis statue a few years ago until the lasers broke...I didn't notice any change in the Sarcophaegus scene (probably spelt wrong). It is a weird scene, though, isn't it? Some spikes hang from the ceiling and one moves up from the ground, but then a mummy with a gun appears in front of you for a while instead. All the time that other mummy holding the jewel can clearly be seen on the left in an area that has no connection whatsoever to the main scene anymore. Then the mummy falls backwards as the coffin lid opens!? And some cardboard cutout treasure rises up by magic. It needs some consistency, because as it stands it is just a jumble of left over Terror Tomb bits.:mellow:

That sounds interesting. You could see they were LEDs, so that effect might work quite well if its not too cheesey. When I went on it they were just red, though.The giant Anubis statue is this monster (below). I think it I Anubis. He was the Ancient Egyptian god of the Afterlife and was depicted as a half-man, half-dog creature. Usually he is black so you might not recognise him, but I might have the completely wrong God.:mellow:Posted Image

I can appreciate the business move to make the rides more interactive (Tomb Blaster and Duel), but I personally am NOT a fan. I like to go on a dark ride to soak in the creepy atmosphere, the theming, smells sights - not to shoot at flashing LED lights everywhere. it totally removes the fun factor away from me. I recently went on Forbidden Terror Tomb Blaster - or whatever its latest re-incarnation is - and enjoyed it - and I didn't pick up my gun once. I loved how long it was, how dark it was (at certain points), the rumbling of the seats and the way your photo is displayed to you at the end - some elements of it are really very original. However, I just really don't care for the shooting element. I am not going to go all Daily Mail on yo ass and say it influences violence, but it'd be nice to have a great dark ride that tells a story - like the original Forbidden Terror Tomb Blaster did. I am friends with Dave Buckley who, when he was living in the UK, did the music for the ride (along with Duel, The Bath Flume Ride and others) - and I remember him playing me the music in his studio at his home. It was very good - very John Williams - and thoroughly enjoyable - and one of the aspects of the NEW version that I enjoyed. Interestingly enough, I've never waited more than the time it takes for the train to start for the ride, but I guess I've been lucky!

^I prefer the way the LEDs are done on Tomb Blaster since they're actually put on stuff 90% of the time... (Compared to Duel of course)There are some very good interactive dark rides in the world... Would love Sally Corp to get their hands on a revamp of Tomb (and Bubbles, but that's another story), and really add to the current experience...It's fun, and defo provides some great competition among groups...

However, I just really don't care for the shooting element. I am not going to go all Daily Mail on yo ass and say it influences violence, but it'd be nice to have a great dark ride that tells a story - like the original Forbidden Terror Tomb Blaster did.

See, I love rides with stories but something about them winds me up. For instance, with Hex, I just cannot enjoy it because you always get one smart arse who has to take the piss during the scenes before the ride. I feel uncomfrotable in there and often choose not to ride it.The thing with Terror/Forbidden tomb was that it really wasn't popular. 5th Dimension had already been a flop (great shame, fantastic John Wardley ride), and with its visitor numbers dropping at a time when Chessington was regularly at capacity, something needed to be done. I find Tomb Blaster incredibly annoying. There's a story in there somewhere about sending the curse back into History but once you're in it's just loads of flashing lights and lasers. I also feel it doesn't have any pace to it. Duel is lucky as its sometimes speeds through and at others slows to a crawl. Tomb is just one slow dull pace, with minutes of stopping and staring at things.