Tomb Blaster

Unless I'm going mad, there seems to be a new announcement in the station area too? Voiced by someone different sounding more like they are speaking through a walkie talkie.

Personally, I hate the walkie talkie ones. They say they are added for H&S (As Benin said) but they dont give off any atmosphere for me and are barely hearable most of the time compared to the origional "Please stand behind the yellow line on the...." which is a great announcement!

However, I just really don't care for the shooting element. I am not going to go all Daily Mail on yo ass and say it influences violence, but it'd be nice to have a great dark ride that tells a story - like the original Forbidden Terror Tomb Blaster did.

Incourages violence?! - I seriously hate how everyone is all so Health and Safety all the time. Sooner or later, you are going to need someone to hold your hand across the road. Not referring to you Nick, just general H&S amongst people...I personally find the shooting element more fun for me on Tomb Blaster and it helps me feel the story more of battling the curse on Tomb Blaster!If I was to just sit there, I would be incredibly bored so I can fully understand why Chessington WoA rightfully created a much better attraction, Tomb Blaster.

I noticed that the snake in the last scene does not move fully anymore. It moves left and then goes back to the middle, and tries to go right but stops.:D

Yeah, the snake broke in 2008 when we were using five train operation during the summer, and it hasn't worked properly since, unfortunately.

I recently went on Forbidden Terror Tomb Blaster - or whatever its latest re-incarnation is - and enjoyed it - and I didn't pick up my gun once. I loved how long it was, how dark it was (at certain points), the rumbling of the seats and the way your photo is displayed to you at the end - some elements of it are really very original.

I do the same, I rarely ever use the shooting element on either Duel or Tomb Blaster. There is a lot of potential with Tomb Blaster to have both a great story, whilst still having the shooting element, yet unfortunately, due to budgets and other obstacles, isn't possible at this stage.The new station announcement is terrible, and I know that it is pretty high on the list for things to be redone, hell, get me to the Studios and I'll do an awesome one myself :DMattia- The rolling ball music was available somewhere at some stage, however I can't for the life of me find where it was hosted. If you're still interested, send me a PM :DOh, the new lava cracks in the Fire Pit scene make quite a difference to that room, I approve! They are situated by the meeting point for staff during ride evacuations.

The new station announcement is terrible, and I know that it is pretty high on the list for things to be redone, hell, get me to the Studios and I'll do an awesome one myself :D

Just watched a video with that announcement on it, must have not been fully paying attention to it at the time. It's DIRE, he sounds like an over-enthusiastic 10yr old. I hope it's redone soon. :D

• 1 month later...

Didn't see any of the smoke/fire effect people have been talking about today. Also heard the new announcement for first time and yes it is awful. Also the music/mission video speech and announcement in station talk at the same time and at the loud volume it is just awful and really annoying.The loading was wierd today too, they were not allowing people to queue in the rows but instead you have to wait at the start and gradually follow the attendant row by row when filling it up. Eg she would stand in front of the first row as the first two are sent through, then move down one row and then the next group of three would go etc until she gets to the last row. (sorry if I made no sense). Maybe it is a H&S thing and they have been told to do it this way until the get air gates or someting? Anyone know why?

• 2 weeks later...

The thing with that announcement is, I can see what they tried to do with it, and is actually themed, unlike the generic ones. Although the generic ones sound 100% better. My main issue with it, is the bloke who did that announcement, but that's a personal issue, it just makes me cringe having to listen to him say it.The announcement was changed about half way through the 2009 season after an incident with an idiot guest who decided to be pedantic about the original announcement "please keep hands and arms inside", so, to cover themselves, they had to change it to include "arms and legs".

The loading was wierd today too, they were not allowing people to queue in the rows but instead you have to wait at the start and gradually follow the attendant row by row when filling it up. Eg she would stand in front of the first row as the first two are sent through, then move down one row and then the next group of three would go etc until she gets to the last row. (sorry if I made no sense). Maybe it is a H&S thing and they have been told to do it this way until the get air gates or someting? Anyone know why?

This was happening again today, no row allocation until the train was parked up in the station...Blatently something has happened...

• 2 weeks later...
I was working very well on my visit. It is a great effect, but very on and off. However, its reliability has improved quite a lot in recent years. I remember when it used to just sit there rolling, or not moving at all. It is amazing how they can get that effect to work so well (often enough), yet they could not with the Flying Ghost to work from the old Haunted House at Alton Towers.Anyway, I really like the whole the boulder on the ramp, it starts the ride off very well.