Tomb Blaster

.... Or, if you're a right little minx, you could try shooting the back of someone's head, that's always fun!Lol, seriously though, Tomb Blaster is cool. good themeing, engaging, and is apparently better than our Northern interpretation of the ride.talk about it or suffocate ;)

There both excellently themed however I think that the fact Haunted House did not have a story from the start means the frantic pace and sudden turns lends itself better to the shooting aspect. Tomb Blaster suffers from the stops which whilst necessary for throughput sakes means that the pace of the ride is very erratic. The stops at the Treasure part and the snake pit break up the action and are far to long.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I get extremely competitive on this ride - people who have been on with me would know. I know the ride is meant to be for fun but sometimes I get carried away and take it too seriously.....heheI've been meaning to one day just go around the ride and not shoot and just actually enjoy the ride with it's theming as it is really good but as soon as I see that gun I can't resist.Personally I prefer Tomb Blaster to Duel as the ride just seems to be more 'grand' but I have to agree that Duel is more of a shooting ride with your little Ghost Zappers

Tomb Blaster is more of an event ride, I agree but I think thats what actually annoys me about it. The fact its one of the main rides at Chessington means queues are always a silly length and I often find the fact that a lot of targets don't work (as do some of the guns) and the slower pace results in a bored Mark.

I certainly agree about the guns, that can be really annoying, but according it's one of the main rides at Chessington AND ZOO, The amount of times I've visited, I've never really seen it that long. Recently for me it's been a walk on - Of course I'm not there all the time so I can't judge completely, but from my experiences.I think in regards to Duel, as it was my first time last year on it - even though I really enjoyed it I haven't got round to appreciating it yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I haven't seen Tomb Blaster with a queue over 30 minutes since it first opened! Everytime I went, it basically stopped at the staircase outside before going in. Methinks my favourite bit about it, is the music. It's something to just hum to when bored =]

• 3 weeks later...