Rattlesnake

I wish they'd make a flaming decision on what they're going to do with the Rodeo area. It's been gone 3 years now!

Seconded. I personally would like to see an Enterprise there.

It's the only ride I've ever seen removed and visible evidence of it being there in the past 3 years down the line.

Black Hole?In other news, I didn't realise Rattlesnake was 10 this year. One of my favourite rides at Chessington, roughness is ftw!

Rattlesnake is really quite fun I find, I enjoy it more sitting on my own than next to someone else. I also like to wave at the mirror before travelling along what I see as the thrilling drop; furthermore I love the attempt of themeing in the queue line such as the barrel man and the electricity room. In addition to all this I can see the amount of interaction of the ride and the queue line is adequate and I find whenever I go the queue seems rather short so that's another plus :DAlthough this is just my opinion.

I agree with most that. The animatronics are cool, its a shame that the little man that went up and down the rope doesn't work anymore though. The bit in the queue where the rattlesnake is was smelling rather nasty towards the end of the season, I think its just me but I personally thought that smell added to the theme quite well.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was nice when I went to Chessington & Zoo on the opening day that the effects in the queue line were wither been refurbished or actually working!, such as the water coming down from the barrels. Never seen that before and now been going to CWoA & Zoo since I was 9 and now 16! :)But then again, I did not really focus on ride themes and manufacturers etc when I was 9! :blink:

It was nice when I went to Chessington & Zoo on the opening day that the effects in the queue line were wither been refurbished or actually working!, such as the water coming down from the barrels. Never seen that before and now been going to CWoA & Zoo since I was 9 and now 16! :)But then again, I did not really focus on ride themes and manufacturers etc when I was 9! :blink:

I did enjoy the rattlesnakes effects working, except the man in the barrel has stopped kicking completely... Perhaps he's drowned...?

It is not the people who actually fix the effects that should head over to Thorpe, the management team at Chessington work very hard with their guests to find out which effects they would like to see and which effects can be restored to their former glory. The management team then push for the engineers to fix these effects, or if necessary purchase new ones.

I tottaly agree the people spend lots of time on rattlesnake and I will always love this ride.Except for SAW, thorpe should take a leaf out of Chessie's book

I totally agree! For people who are really in to Theme Parks it can be nice to actually see effects fully working or newly purchased! In some ways, if you know the park really well (which is why we are on Mania Hub!) it can improve you day dramatically.Take Colossus at THORPE PARK. The start announcement has not been working for 2 months and appearantly I heard 'they do not care!' <_< THORPE PARK, Take a leaf out of Chessington & Zoo! :P