Future Of Chessington

So as we all know Chessington have been a bit hammy on the rides front over the last 3 years however rumours are around that rides are to be added in Mexicana next to Runaway Train or where Rodeo used to lie. Other rumours doing the rounds are the removal of Safari Skyway and Runaway Train. What do we think?

qued around hour for stealth, inferno hour, colosus hour and half pritty average day..

So if everything else has longish queues then surely of course Fish will have a queue. Besides that isn't what Seb was saying. It is a joke ride, it isn't even blessed with an LED queue board when even Rocky and Fungle Safari do.. :P

Why would you consider fish as a joke may I ask, with it picking up 40 minute q's, it cant be that much of a joke to everyone can it?

I guess when your stuck on a concrete island with only one way out and an expensive way in - you've got not much choice but to ride it. But in the international themepark industry - flying fish really is a joke. The back end of every joke made, if it was well known that is. Insulting to every kid with an imagination.

It certianly seems more popular than other smaller rides, and I have more than once heard children coming off mimicking the announcements with the whole dudes/awsome thing so I guess they must like it.. Sure it looks better in the plans but it could be worse, and I'm sure next year we will see more improvements to its presentation too.I'm not quite sure what people were expecting from Fish, thorpe style there rides more than theme, fish was never going to be an exception to this.

but it could be worse,

You are never going to tire in saying that are you B)

I'm not quite sure what people were expecting from Fish, thorpe style there rides more than theme, fish was never going to be an exception to this.

And people wonder why my favourite ride is Tidal Wave :P Anywho My two cents. I like Fish. Many reasons but basically I like it because it isn't a ride designed solely to bring people into the park. Its testament to its unpopularity that on a day when Colossus and Stealth had 2 hour queues, Fishes was only 10 minutes. No one likes a park where everything is busy, there has to be a ride that doesn't quite fit the bill. Yes it is a joke, but it is a funny one and an enjoyable, solid ride. I much prefer Thorpe when its trying to add things for the guests enjoyment, not to make them queue. Fish and the Bear hunt are good examples of this. But back to Chessington, Mine train is clearly better, and with a higher throughput to :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whilst passing the petting zoo bit by Hocous Pocus Hall the other day, I saw that it was all fenced off, and there were some important people there with bits of paper that looked like plans or something.Was just wondering whether anyone could rule out the possibility of new development here? Or does this have somethng to do with the foot and mouth thing earlier this year.Would be lovely to know anyways.

Lol, there is a new development in that area and the Animals which where there are being permanently re-located, not too sure what the development is planned to me (most likely a new enclosure or something) but yeah, the fenced of area is a right pain for staff now, we have to go the long way to our areas now lol. Let alone the fact guests are absolutely confused by the fenced off dead end.

• 9 months later...

Hey people new on here, Just in response to previous post rodeo wont be coming back to chessington despite the rumours they had to get rid of it because the parts became obsolete sadly cos that was an amazing ride. There is possibly a new ride in the beanoland area next year so fingers crossed its a good ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see something happen to the Rodeo area very soon. It's been in that disgraceful state since the beginning of the 2005 season now.Also, from what I understand about Beanoland, is it's sponsorship contract expires at the end of this year, therefore meaning that the whole area will go - unless the contract is extended, which I think would be a bad move. The Beano might be just over 50 years old now (last week) but there are better things that kids prefer these days.Beanoland is now 8 years old, and in that time, we've seen the Tweenies, Scooby Doo, SpongeBob SquarePants and many more characters at the park, a clear sign that Chessington isn't interested in promoting Beano-related characters anymore, and therefore it is wise decision to get rid of Beanoland.

• 3 weeks later...

They are not removing the rides in Beanoland they are retheming them the only ride that is probably going to be removed is the bash street bus because it has been done alot if they remove that and the family centre they have room for a nice sized ride there are alot of rumours floating around atm from harry potter land to sky land due to chessingtons sky day I think it might be rethemed into a funfair place due to its rides and colour scheme all they need is something like a waltzer or rodeo ride and a helter skelter and they have it

• 3 weeks later...

for me, it does not matter what beno land gets rethemed in to, just as long as the swings are still there!. note about bash street, when I went the area around it was cordened off. maybe they are closing it after all.personally, I'd like to see a 4d theater (kind of like time voyagers at thorpe), a new ride in place of peaking heights (it always seems to me it's closed) but I soon find that it's because no one's in line for it. I'd love an extention to hocus pocus hall, restoration of the old bubbleworks, and maybe (if it can fit) a new coaster in the mexicana area.what I've wondered, is what they are going to do about toomb blaster. as much as I love the ride now, I don't think it's as good as some of the older rides (terror toomb, 5th dimention), I would love to see the return of that thing where you put your hand in and the air comes out. not sure where it went in the end, I think land of the dragons

• 2 weeks later...