Future Of Chessington

Beth just cos u stand there and go do u need a hand on the rides dont mean u know much lmao. Well it was just an idea and I think getting rid of burger king wudnt be a bad idea I mean its never as busy as mcdonalds was and they cud even use that building as the station and entrance its never going to happen unless I magically become a ride desginer oooh I like the sound of that lol.Yeah I agree with Will on the whole splash battle I mean alton has one legoland has one so why not chessington and I reckon it wud be well suited on dragon falls lake and cud use the same water as it is very well treated. once again another crazy idea from me lol.The only thing with putting an inversion withing a rollercoaster means a change in the height restriction due to the restraints and safety. But this is not a bad idea dont get me wrong but I think chessington could spend there money more wisely than building that kind of coaster.

Beth just cos u stand there and go do u need a hand on the rides dont mean u know much lmao. Well it was just an idea and I think getting rid of burger king wudnt be a bad idea I mean its never as busy as mcdonalds was and they cud even use that building as the station and entrance its never going to happen unless I magically become a ride desginer oooh I like the sound of that lol.Yeah I agree with Will on the whole splash battle I mean alton has one legoland has one so why not chessington and I reckon it wud be well suited on dragon falls lake and cud use the same water as it is very well treated. once again another crazy idea from me lol.The only thing with putting an inversion withing a rollercoaster means a change in the height restriction due to the restraints and safety. But this is not a bad idea dont get me wrong but I think chessington could spend there money more wisely than building that kind of coaster.

heyy! it doesn't mean I don't know anything at all either! :o yeah tis true mcdonalds was waayyyy more popular.Thing is you'd have to be careful if you removed that building because a Vampire support runs right through one corner. Would be cool though to have a rapids ride run through there, can be all scaryyy :o A coaster with an inversion would be great but with the market that the park is directed at I'm not sure it would be such a wise move.Splash Battle for Mystics yes please :rolleyes:

I didn't say to remove the building I said use it as the station this would keep it to the correct theme and the vampire can be happy with its support as well lol. I think the show arena would be great for concerts and acts I mean you could have things like spongebob squarepants or scooby doo shows and people like same difference or bob the builder singing there would be great and should pull people into the park with ease.Maybe Chessington could even get bumper boats as well Thorpe had them for a couple of seasons and they could fit into where Madhouse is currently placed and there could be a retheme of something like seasides or something or even if they were to replace Madhouse with a Breakdance or a Watlzer type ride it could even be changed into Funfair land.

I didn't say to remove the building I said use it as the station this would keep it to the correct theme and the vampire can be happy with its support as well lol. I think the show arena would be great for concerts and acts I mean you could have things like spongebob squarepants or scooby doo shows and people like same difference or bob the builder singing there would be great and should pull people into the park with ease.Maybe Chessington could even get bumper boats as well Thorpe had them for a couple of seasons and they could fit into where Madhouse is currently placed and there could be a retheme of something like seasides or something or even if they were to replace Madhouse with a Breakdance or a Watlzer type ride it could even be changed into Funfair land.

Fair Fair all sounds great to me.Oh dear James we really have too much time on our hands talking about this in such depth.Spongebob, Scooby Doo, Bob the Builder, yes , yes and yes however Same Difference are NOT playing in the arena, they can play a special show for you at Whizzer or something :rolleyes:Yeah bumper boats would be more popular at Chessie and I definitely support most things that would replace Madhouse. I really like your idea about Funfairland however if we get a Breakdance would it not be more prudent to place it where Rodeo used to stand? and I think we've gone slightly off topic since we're no longer discussing Water Rides teeheeBubbleworks and Falls are WIN! :rolleyes:

Well we did not go completely off topic because I mentioned bumper boats which correct me if I am wrong here but aren't they on WATER??? lolWell where rodeo was and some still stands could be placed something else like the spinning sombreros which could be like teacups at Thorpe?? awww talking about this has made me remember the man at rattlesnake who sits on the barrell and used to spray water lol I miss that about rattle(btw I mean the model of a mexican guy). Also talking about this is making me want to go wee wee lol.

yes bumper boats is on topic but breakdance and waltzer isn't anyways moving on :rolleyes:I like the spinning sombreros idea is perfect for mexicana but gives them another one man op ride.ahh rattle, tis a shame like most of the dummies doon't work anymore :oand thanks for the mental image there Baz.

Well we did not go completely off topic because I mentioned bumper boats which correct me if I am wrong here but aren't they on WATER??? lolWell where rodeo was and some still stands could be placed something else like the spinning sombreros which could be like teacups at Thorpe?? awww talking about this has made me remember the man at rattlesnake who sits on the barrell and used to spray water lol I miss that about rattle(btw I mean the model of a mexican guy). Also talking about this is making me want to go wee wee lol.

Come on Barry, the only place that you could put bumper boats is in Beanoland!

A Splash Battle would look good as an additional water ride next to Dragon Falls or even in Translyvania under Vampire. Splash Battles if I'm correct take less work than River Rapids. Splash Battle and Bumper Boats are both interactive water rides and I think that INTERACTIVE-FAMILY rides are a gold mine and a good way forward for Chessie.I understand that CWoA's market is family (finally accepted that) BUT... (I had to say that) it would be nice to see AT LEAST one thrill flat (to complement RR) or a new coaster (in the not-so-distant future) with a thrill element for example, e.g. Dragon's Fury (Immelmann Turn) - which might I add is quite thrilling.Family rides that work well at Chessie: Woodie (noise), Vek Mine Train, Water coaster, Bumper Boats, Splash Battle, Magic Carpet, Vek Mad House/Pandora's Box/River Rapids.I've forgotten, what is stopping Chessie from building a water ride or water coaster/family coaster (partially in ground) on the picnic area? For anyone who has forgotten/mixed up, its the sloping ground to the left-side of Dragon's Fury.

Well what stops Chessington the most is local residents and gaining planning permission from the council.Not only that but that area is used as a fire meeting point as well as being home to the Rig site at the bottom of the hill. I mean they are able to build pretty much where ever they want withing the footprint but they do have to be careful of things which are visible from certain areas, as there are no trees located on the picnic area therefore anything tall like a water coaster would easily be seen from outside the park and due to such a high incline with the hill no flat ride could could go there.

A Rapids or Splash Karts (w/e they're called :rolleyes:) can be built providing its below the nearest treeline and semi built into the ground. I think that it would be the most feasible option because they aren't that tall and would very much compliment the Pirate's Cove area (extension) - since two small rides (despite how well themed they are) by themselves aren't enough.As for fire meeting point, that could be changed. I mean if the park wanted to go to extreme-drastic measures, they could use some greenbelt land for a new picnic area and fire meeting point. But for that go through, permission needs to be granted for the water ride (for example) which might need to be built below land (if needed) and residents would need to agree because some might disagree.Beyond here is a bit hard to explain so bear with me. The last two (free) sizable areas in park that can be used to build things upon, are The Glade (Arena) and The Picnic Area (correct me if I'm wrong) so if Chessie wanted a new picnic area (also fire meeting point) they might have to use some greenbelt land, which isn't in guest-areas.It's just an idea, that I am trying to work out if it would be do-able.

chessington have alot more land available to them than that so they could expand even more but yes you are correct that those areas are the largest within the current park area.Once again though building down into the ground would take some serious planning permission and the residents of the area are not the nicest bunch of people because they are even moaning about the new Lidl which they are planning to build.I'm sure that merlin have a plan set out of what to do with each area withing the park and where they will put there money in the future but for now we shall have to make do with the chessington there is.

I feel that since DF in 2004, they have been a lil' stingy but Sealife was a big investment (buying it and all). Alot of my friends who haven't seen sea creatures like I have in Orlando, made quite a big deal out of seeing them. Quite hope they build a new ride or family coaster/water ride soon - just feels a bit empty. Guests dont feel it but we do because we know how often new rides are supposed to be built at top-end parks.On terms of you (Skunky) stating that Chess have alot more land available to them - where? I haven't forgot that alot of the land that Chessie have are on greenbelt - for once I damn enviromental laws :huh:. I see land behind the west section where Ramses Revenge and Runaway Train are - north being Hocus Pocus area and south being Beanoland area. Those land behind RR are Chessie land? Greenbelt law protects unused land to make the place more nicer looking. The greenbelt land that Chessie owns, most of it is unreachable to not only to guests but to the public. My point is that if the public walked on the greenbelted land that is owned by Chessie, that would be tresspassing and also illegal. What I don't get is what's the use in greenbelting land that Chessie owns if the public can't enjoy it or walk on it? They should remove (if it ever were possible....ever!) the greenbelt restriction enabling Chessie to use the land for new rides and attractions. A park has to expand if it wants to become bigger.An idea I had was to move the zoo onto the greenbelt land and now the zoo is gone, the land (previously occupied by zoo) would become brown-belt and would allow Chessie to build rides. But then, that wouldn't work because it's difficult to be granted permission since it's on the same side as Vampire - which was mentioned that its rediculously hard to be granted planning permission - so we're stuck.Before anyone says I'm off-topic, I'm not because I'm talking about Chessie's space and that relates to any new water rides. As you need medium-sized spaces to build the likes of water coasters, river rapids, splash battles and bumper boats.

Will when you are at chessington next when you are in the creature features area of the zoo look at the land and notice the green fence. That green fence is chessingtons boundaries so therefore anything upto that point can be built on with planning permission from the council. If they are wanting to expand then they can possibly use the area at the top of the south car park and plan some other parking space they can use. Behind Runaway and RR is the behind the scenes stuff like service road and various other buildings and then further up from here towards sealife are the zoo's offices and treatment areas.

I'm just wondering how they are going to go about beanoland? By that I mean the themeing in the entire area. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I presume the current themeing cant/wont be used since the contract would've expired. So the question I'm asking is how will they go about taking out all the themeing. Everything is shaped to the beanoland style. What will Chessie do with the area? Are they just going to close it off?

There is still 1 more year to run on the current contract on bubbleworks so after this season both beanoland and imperial leather contracts run out.

Oh okay, had my hopes up that the terrible theming of the ride would have expired all ready. Guess I have to put up with it 1 more year, then hopefully expect Chessie to make major investment. What I don't want to be seeing is empty space, would prefer to see Chessington do what they did to the Bubbleworks last year, and keep it closed off until it's ready for the public.Of course, this might mean no access to the Vampire for a while, but that depends how big the new project will be

Yeah, maybe 2010 we'll see some investment that we've been waiting for since 2004. Beanoland... it'll be 10 next year, it all feels very tired, it just needs to be ripped out and to start over. No idea what's going there, but I think asethetically at least, it'll be really different.I'm hoping some major change for Bubbleworks too. Let's hope Aerial (before you say, not the friggin washing powder) are onboard and can help bring something epic that's timeless, in the same way that the original Bubbleworks was.

IMO the whole thing about bubbleworks has got too old now and I think they could have a major revamp of the ride as a whole perhaps make it newer and nicer and a much better ride?With the whole Beanoland question, due to the contract expiring they will not be able to keep anything themed to the Beano, so a whole brand new area could be on the cards here.