Future Of Chessington

• 1 month later...

A rapid style ride would work really well at Chessington. We've all ready got Dragon Falls, Bubbleworks and Billy's wizzer (well kind of anyway) and that ride next to Toomb blaster. Although I would like to see this, I doubt Chessington would go for it, we all ready have more water rides then Thorpe park

Well to be honest staff dont know what is going on during the closed season ourselves either its not like we have a right to know especially as most of us are seasonal on here. The only people that know of anything are the permenant staff or the top dogs of merlin. So your guess is as good as mine but I would certainly like to see a new ride for next year and some possible revamps here and there so lets just wait and see....

Realistically it needs to change though. Chessington's basic infrastructure works around rides that are really starting to age now. Merlin have already proved they are not afraid to remove the relics what with the removal of Corkscrew, so I'm really starting to hope major changes occur at Cwoa. The majority of rides there are over twenty years old and the park is crying out for some up-dating.

Doesn't really, skyway trains should be refurbed this closed season, so that'll look brand new. Remove the rocks from runaway and rename it something like flying fish, that'll look new. And we're sorted for another few years :unsure:.Or if they really must, just replace LOTD but move griffins to toytown.

• 1 month later...

Yeah but if u want to be that picky then sea dragons can go onto that as well for chessington lol Also being ultra picky go on a rainy day and every outdoor ride is a wet ride lol as for the rapids idea I agree it would be great but there simply isn't enough room for it at chessington and its built on a hill dont forget so its no ideal.They could always do some major works with bubbleworks and make it indoor rapids which would be cool with a cave design with wizards and dragons for the kids and also some bats and vampires to add to transilvania lol

What about the space near Dragon's Fury? - the grassy area where people pick nic. you could easily put a ride there and there is still picnic space near the zoo area near the main entrance where most people picnic anyway! (opp. Greedy Goblin Family Pub).

There are two major places that I've noticed and I don't even work in R&A. If I did I would probs know a lot more, but I dont :oPicnic area by Dragon's FuryThe Glade behind Dragon FallsThere's also Beanoland, which don't have any major rides and sponsership (correct me) runs out this year. Not forgetting, Dragon Falls is very old and takes up a lot more room than normal log flumes. I would love to see a proper rapids ride and a vekoma mine coaster. The Runaway Train is very old and could easily be removed to make place for e.g. a Woodie.Obv the rides guys know more :rolleyes: so feel free to add or correct me

Yes I do know the footprint for chessington but chessington would never get planning permission for that size ride. And to correct James the arena is planned to go onto the glade not next to fury. And Will you are correct but Beanoland although doesnt have the major rides has some pretty cool rides which I would not like to see go (Dodgems and Whizzer). But I still think that chessington hs enough water rides as it is for now but I'm sure they will be adding a new ride soon.

I wonder what they have planned for the Glade. As for Runaway Train area, a Woodie should be a priority coz it quite defines a family coaster. And it appeals to everyone imoObv I don't know IMOE (In my own eyes - Let's see if it catches on :rolleyes:) how much land they have but I was told that there is a nice bit of land big enough.As for the waveswinger, that can easily be located to another part of park. Unlike a coaster which would have to be gotten rid of. I always thought a wave swinger themed to skeleton & bones would be nice.

Well I dont think that a waveswinger with bones and skeletons is a family ride myself lol. Will I just said what they are doing with the glade they have the arena going there once they start building it.As for a woodie I somehow dont think this will happen due to the noise levels if vampire cant use its PA system unless urgent on the 1st lift I cant see them building a woodie. And somehow I cant see them getting rid off runaway only maybe updating it.As for a rapids ride they could place it somehow so it goes underneath the vampire as this could be a good edition having the legendary coaster flying overhead as our gettin wet on transylvanian rapids lol.

There are two major places that I've noticed and I don't even work in R&A. If I did I would probs know a lot more, but I dont :rolleyes:Picnic area by Dragon's FuryThe Glade behind Dragon FallsThere's also Beanoland, which don't have any major rides and sponsership (correct me) runs out this year.

That picnic area is nice, it would seem a shame to see that turned into an area for a ride. Then again, it's hardly ever used and would make an ideal location for a ride. Since Dragon's Fury was built, you have been able to see the top of it poking out from the trees from from the crossroads in Malden Rushett. Also, you see the top of the 1st Vampire lift hill from the A243 just by the Monkey Puzzle. My fear that if they did build a rollercoaster on the picnic area, it may also bee seen from the road, or somewhere outside of the park. Even the top of Peeking Heights can bee seen from the A3, and from Horton Park.Also, thank god the Beanoland contract ends this year.

I know what you said, but I meant what kinda of show. I wonder what kinda of show they have planned for The Glade.Beanoland could be used for something major and The Glade (arena) would be good for a special effects show or even for concert peformances. As for Bubbleworks...maybe a madhouse or pandora's box (those havnt been used yet) instead.Love the idea of a rapids ride built under Vampire. As for Vampire I would love to see the ride removed in exchange for a replacement Vekoma 4-seat suspended/B&M Inverted coaster for the increased throughput, it could even have one small inversion (just an idea...zero-g roll) to get children prepared for bigger coasters. It's just an idea so don't bother critizising me.As for water rides, it would be nice to have a splash battle because those in all essence are an interactive family ride and I can see Chessie building a ride like that because it would be very much welcomed.Anyone know the throughput on Splash Battles?I would like to see a water coaster near the picnic area because it would fit in with Pirate's Cove. It's a family ride that combines family coaster elements with some nice splashes. And they don't have to be that high and don't make loads of noise unlike wooden coasters. But with woodies, there are somethings that can be done to reduce noise as we all know. Either SB or Watercoaster would be good imo.

Love the idea of a rapids ride built under Vampire. As for Vampire I would love to see the ride removed in exchange for a replacement Vekoma 4-seat suspended/B&M Inverted coaster for the increased throughput, it could even have one small inversion (just an idea...zero-g roll) to get children prepared for bigger coasters. It's just an idea so don't bother critizising me.As for water rides, it would be nice to have a splash battle because those in all essence are an interactive family ride and I can see Chessie building a ride like that because it would be very much welcomed.Anyone know the throughput on Splash Battles?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to accomodate a rapids ride underneath Vampire would you not have to cut out some of the Q-Line extensions and possibly cut back most of the building housing Burger King?Don't take this as criticism but more of an opinion when I say I would NOT like to see Vampire removed and replaced and also I doubt it would happen not for a good few years.Yeah Splash Battles would probably be very popular at chessie however during the busy periods throughput would be about as good as Fury's...

Ask Skunky bout the Rapids idea and how it would work. He knows more than I do :rolleyes:Obv not now but in a few years maybe 3-5 possibly as a replacement.

Okay yes James does know more about this subject than I since he operates 3 out of 4 water rides at Chessie, however don't forget I also worked in Rides on all 4 water rides infact. :rolleyes: