Future Of Chessington

Looks a fun ride that mixes thrill and factor together which would suite the park well.

In terms of where it would be placed, I don't really know. The only areas of Chessington it could go are on the Toadies site (which the ride looks like is currently on borrowed time), positioning around mystic east/Wild Asia (which I've heard rumours the space may be used for something not ride based) or replace any other rides in the park.

I'm surprised Chessington don't have a Rapids ride. Maybe it's something that they could look at in the future as if executed well would fit perfectly with their target market.

Bubbleworks is the closest thing they have, and tbh I can't see them installing a rapids ride while they still have that.

(Not that I want them to get rid of it, it's a good ride!)

... and hills. It doesn't have any natural slope to work with (I think?) in the areas they can develop so would be a it would be a big bit of work. Would certainly suit the park though, I wonder if a Safari boat ride getting up close to the animals would be possible?

That coaster looks pretty damn good and would suit Chessington perfectly.

• 5 months later...

Don't take this too seriously, but there are rumours floating around that Chessie could be seeing a new (and what would be much needed) roller coaster built at the park in the future (perhaps 2015).

What it would be, where it would go and the size and scale are a mystery to me but I really hope this happens.

There are 3 rides that I have always wanted to see at Chessington:

1) A rapids ride

2) A family-launched coaster

3) A Topple Towers (improved version - see Timber Terror at Dollywood)

The Glade which is the area behind the Wild Asia and between Mystic East. I could see a Rapids Ride and a family-launched coaster like Cheetah Hunt (which is amazing) on the area. This 2-in-1 project could work like Alton Tower's Rapids - Runaway Mine Train.

I know I shouldnt really compare chessington to disney (seems that their in a completely different ball park) but the coaster could be themed to Everest or mountains or have the Yeti in there somewhere. It would work well with that area, same as disney. I kmow there would probably be a problem with height, but there are many ways to trick us into believing things are bigger/smaller than they really are. I know its probably a bit far fetched but it would be great, and the area it already suited to the theme so they would only need to add to it. A rapids ride could easily be mixed in as well, again like the one in animal kingdom, maybe a forest scene, have animals around the place (animatonics) and then go into deforestation or something maybe travel through the mountain a bit and have the yeti roar in the background. I dunno how it could be played out but it could work really well with the mountain and forest and stuff.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• 6 months later...

Not sure about a woodie, but there gave been sayings of a major addition on the way for the future, which I do hope mean another rollercoaster.

I think a ride similar to Fire Chaser express, juvelin or Verbolten would suit the parks lineup and target audience very well.

As much as I'd like too see a Mack launch coaster, a woodIe or other coaster, I'm not sure if chessie would have the space or get the green light from their (strict and hassling) council.

I can see them just retheming/refurbishing falls for next at the moment (similar to Scorpion Express) instead of a new attraction, though as much I want them to build another new ride, I can see them only refurbishing existing worn out ones at the moment.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't...

Mack Mega-Lite pls...

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

I will love cwoa if they get one will add another good ride to the collection!

I think that it will bring a wider range of people and some of the younger audience will love it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I still think the best, big investment the park needs is a new coaster and Benin's idea for a family-launched coaster is a great option. I really do hope we get a new coaster, as it's been now 10 years since the installation of Dragon's Fury.

Yeah

Thing is, Chessington, a bit like thorpe, don't have bundles of land to play with. I think it's likely they'll get another water ride like rapids (though they have bubble works, its very toddler based) or a small coaster, but not any time soon. For some reason (I have no idea why) 2019 rings a bell in my head. Probably means nothing though :D

Yeah

Thing is, Chessington, a bit like thorpe, don't have bundles of land to play with. I think it's likely they'll get another water ride like rapids (though they have bubble works, its very toddler based) or a small coaster, but not any time soon. For some reason (I have no idea why) 2019 rings a bell in my head. Probably means nothing though :D

I'd say Chessington is in a lot worse position than Thorpe when it comes to land.

Thorpe have had the ability to create new land for ages (with the first time being the land for Tidal Wave I think?), so have been able to expand.  They've still got an empty island, the island with the Shark Hotel as well as plenty of space in the core of the park for future developments.  Surprising they have so much, considering how small the place is! :P

Chessington, on the other hand, don't have many 'dead spots' in the park (like, say, the MHFS spot, CCR station, etc. that Thorpe has), they can't expand outwards much more and they can't go very high or very loud.  It seems more difficult to build things there than at Alton Towers too, considering there's all the animal enclosures and the rumours about the land sliding (I don't know if that's true or not?).  

This is my biggest fear over Chessington.  I just can't see physically being able to expand much more.  It's all well and good saying they need this, that and the other (and they need a lot!), but then where they're gonna put it is just too difficult to call.