Gardaland

Bizarre and random choice of ride from the park (especially since they had a major investment last year). I just hope it's nicely themed and styled.

The Park has problems with crowds and desperately needs new rides to move the crowds - It's hard to understand why they would go for a low capacity ride like this however, it will barely make a different to the crazy wait times that the other major rides suffer from. 

Let's look at what Garda built between Raptor and Oblivio...

• Ice Age 4D (replacement)
  • Madagascar Show (replacement)
  • Kid's playground

Yep, really consistent in it's high quality additions...

4 years between coasters? Thorpe had 3 between Saw and Swarm, Blackpool has no space, and Chessie has no care... Plus given that Garda has both the space and prior to Raptor had no good coasters whatsoever, Merlin couldn't really go wrong (well, yes, but fortunately they were sensible for once)...

• 5 months later...

I'm looking to go to Lake Garda and obviously looking to visit the 3 parks to the southern side of the lake!

Has anyone been before? I'd love to know any tips and suggestions regarding accomodation, travel, tickets, and things to do around the lake - thanks! :D 

Yes I have been 4 times. Could I ask how many will go and when you will visit.

Ride order, do kung fu panda master, oblivion: tbh, raptor, blue tornado, fuga da atlantidide, mammut, magic mountain and sequoia adventure (if you dare)

Make sure you do the rapids, watch shows and most importantly meet Prezzemolo. Oh yeah and do the dark rides. Magic house (vekoma mad house in the big orange tree), Ramses revenge (Egyptian shooting ride) and corsia adventure (think it is that name and it is a good pic knock off in the pirate ship)

Maybe whilst you are there, go to movieland because why not go to a park with crazy (insane) knock off rides/ themes?

Amazing, thanks for the park advice!

It's 2 of us (my cousin and me), visiting early September (so 3 weeks time!)

Is the waterpark good too? Is there a combination ticket for all 3 that you're aware of? Otherwise, what's the cheapest way of getting park tickets?

Well I would recommend staying in peschiera (sorry about spelling) because there is a free shuttle bus to the park. Book early or from the tourist centre for the cheapest rate. Online, on gardaland website, there is a coupon for €33.50 or £28.65

Movieland is alright  There not necessary. Imagine a slightly better wds. Gardaland water park I have never been in but I did go to movieland's one and it was ok, nice theming though.

Edited by ThemeParkCrafter
Extra info

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Gardaland yesterday, well most of it anyway. I'll start of with the bad points as I like getting them out of the way first. 

Sequioa Adventure. Why oh why is this coaster still there. I never come off a coaster saying 'that was truly awful', but I did for this. It's more of a torture device than a ride.

Blue Tornado. I've heard many terrible things about SLC's, but I gave this one a chance. It's the worst rollercoaster I've ever ridden. Ever. It's so rough and not enjoyable in the slightest.  

This park does have a lot of excellent rides and attractions however! Oblivion The Black Hole was the best ride yesterday; I managed to get on it three times due to short queues in the afternoon. It's essentially a better Oblivion at Towers. Very smooth, nice transitions from element to element. Even the queue line is great! Overall I found it to be fantastic. 

Raptor is also a very good attraction too. Definitely a superior ride to Swarm imo. What really makes the ride though is the barrel roll at the end. It's nice and slow, and there are a good 4 head choppers you pass through! Loved it from start to finish. 

The park is home to some other fantastic attractions such as Space Vertigo, Magic Mountain; even the laser shooter (Rameses) was really enjoyable. The new Kung Fu Panda area felt rather rushed though; the spinning coaster was great for the family but just a bit average really. 

Gardaland is, despite the flaws, a brilliant park, and one that I highly recommend that you check out if you get the chance. 

• 3 months later...

I went to Gardaland earlier this year - I actually really enjoyed Blue Tornado! Admittedly I did feel a bit sick after coming off the ride, but it was really fast and felt quite unpredictable! It was my first SLC, though, so maybe I enjoyed it because it was new to me - who knows!

I visited at the beginning of May, and the Kung Fu Panda land didn't look like it had even started construction! So yeah, it must have been a bit rushed!

Oblivion: The Black Hole was excellent; Raptor I don't really remember because my and my friend were laughing the whole way round about something else xD 

Sequoia Adventure... .

Highlight of the day was I Corsari (I think that's how it was spelt) - It's hidden round the back of the pirate ship, you go inside the ship and it's basically an underground dark ride. IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE MOST RANDOM, INCOHERENT, INCONSISTENT, MUSICALLY ANTI-CLIMATIC IN THE CLIMATIC SCENES (YET MUSICALLY CLIMATIC IN THE ANTI-CLIMATIC SCENES), AWESOME RIDE EVER - I CORSARI IS THE ONE! I couldn't stop laughing when we exited the pirate-themed ride, walked through the pirate-themed gift shop, turned the corner and was greeted by -SPOILER ALERT- a completely white hallway with a single escalator taking you up to the surface. No pirates. No theming AT ALL. Just an escalator. Maybe it's just my sense of humour, maybe it was just the "what the hell was that about?" as we got out of the boat, but whatever it was, it was too perfect. xD

Also, that horrendous Magic Tree thing made me feel sick. It was like a drunk Hex... *shivers*

Basically, Gardaland is a BRILLIANT day out (totally worth the hour and a half trip from Venice), I think I could of happily spent a second day in the park and am planning to go there next summer (hopefully) with my girlfriend - DEFINITELY GO IF YOU GET THE CHANCE!

Yes!! That wasn't AS fabcrap, but still fabcrap nonetheless! It's just the way the ride facades are very well themed, yet the contents are so poor (but in a really good way lol).

It's a bit like a Raspberry Cheesecake from ASDA... it looks really good, but just tastes like a block of Cheddar...

• 1 year later...