Gardaland

Well on this page they mention talk of it being called 'Oblivion, the black hole' (Which would be even funnier tbh)

But otherwise there in no source atm.

[offtopic]

In relation to that link Fred, I had no idea 51% of Europa's visitors were international - More than Disneyland Paris!

[/offtopic]

Probably counting all the French/Swiss visitors that pop over the border for the place... Hence Arthur being termed as a 'gift' to them when it was being built...

Interesting the amount of expansion space Gardaland actually has, even for a second gate (which would be a first for Merlin)... Legoland Italy anyone?

I'm more disappointed with the ride itself then the name. Thats being said without riding it, which I probably shouldn't do but on the whole, so much potential is being left untapped with the dive machine model. This is just Krake with bells and whistles and I could guarantee my favourite thing about it will be the name once I've had a go.

I can't actually find where I read it - awkward.

I'll distract you with this: http://www.merlinentertainments.biz/75E5DCB4-AEA8-4CC5-993D-061DA79A0282.CFILE - it's the strategy of Resort Theme Parks over the next few years, including hotel investment. Can be interesting for some.

Find this quite interesting actually - Slide 13 mentions how the theme parks (well, Garda, Heide and Chessington at least) are on a 4 year cycle now, where they have one 'Peak' year, followed by three 'low' years, and that a peak year is about £10-12m investment, and a low investment is £1-2m. An interesting cycle to say the least, and quite different to the High, Medium, Low investment that sorta happened in the past.

I must admit, I've kept clear of any hype surrounding this after I saw it was the same old Merlin marketing affair. I do like the smaller dive machines, Krake is just wonderful, although I admit that it doesn't really bring anything to the dive coaster abilities.

I do wonder if there's a reason behind the fact this thing still hasn't got a name, it's been dragged out way too long, and I'm suspicious Merlin are struggling for a name themselves! IF it IS named Oblivion it will be the most epic thing Merlin could ever do. No one could ever argue again that any 'magic' from their 'magic makers' would be completly dead, and clear that the studios are run by a bunch of office workers, rather than creatives. For anyone who's ever been down to the computer/office setting of the resort theme parks division, would already suspect as much.

Bottom line, there's no way this can be called oblivion... Is there??!

We should have seen the copyright thing for the name by now registered under merlin entertainments. That will be why we don't have a name. Its down to them being slow on the patent (or copyright thing, I'm not sure which one it is). Or we may never see the patent if merlin already hold the rights to the name they want. The fear of it being called oblivion is way too high.

The fear of it being called oblivion is way too high.

I hear you can get a good psychiatrist for Obliviophobia. Unfortunately I do not have the number. One of the rumoured cures is too question whether one does or does not look down. Some people go through it in their minds over, and over and over and over over over.

• 3 weeks later...