Gardaland

It really does proove, that Merlin CAN do this stuff. Gardaland has so many hidden 'underground' well themed rides, with effects, mist, fog, general ride effects all working and a lot of them on their small random rides aswell as the big ones.It's a very valid point to say that, Thorpe Park don't give a sh~t about their ride effects and should really be ashamed of their awful efforts.After riding Raptor, Thorpe will be onto a winner with LC12, if only they care enough to keep it on top form.Water splashes and effects F T W !

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wonder if Swarm will get something similar? Looks pretty interesting and I like the comic book/cartoony style of it!

(Using google translate) Translates to: had an old score to settle, and weld it back for, with interest, 16th May 2012

^ I think it's the most likely option for next year to be honest. It was probably be called something uninspiring such as Swarm: Genesis and will be located where the white marquee tent is at the moment - in a shipping container of course. ;) Perhaps Merlin did a three park deal with ABC on drop tower rides or something... four if you count the new Extremis at the new London Dungeons next year.

Please god. No.

Alton Towers didn't just put a very unique and customized attraction in the form of Nemesis: Sub-Terra, which hasn't even been finished yet, in order for other Merlin parks to then just leach of it all.

Surely a generic Merlin Scare Maze experience is more likely.

Alton Towers didn't just put a very unique and customized attraction in the form of Nemesis: Sub-Terra, which hasn't even been finished yet, in order for other Merlin parks to then just leach of it all.

Didn't they? Seems like a stellar idea from a business perspective.

Alton Towers would detest it if the attraction was duplicated. They really would.

At TT@10 on Saturday, Mark Kerrigan (Operations and Development Director) said that they were "still learning day by day" with Sub Terra, and that the attraction still hadn't been signed off as complete, and there is more to come.

Given the luke warm reception (so far) received for the ride so far, it would seem incredulous that another park was already planning on a duplicate.

Alton Towers' build unique and creative experiences, which he admitted "don't always work" - copying the ride closely would really not go down well with them.

Given the luke warm reception (so far) received for the ride so far, it would seem incredulous that another park was already planning on a duplicate.

Alton Towers' build unique and creative experiences, which he admitted "don't always work" - copying the ride closely would really not go down well with them.

And naturally, it would be incredulous for a park to spend $27M in a spanking new B&M that say, breaks a meaningless record when there's a sufficient nigh-on identical ride less than a stone's throw away.

Wake up and smell the present. N:ST is a huge hit with all demographics since it's final effects have been installed. It's keeping gate figures up for the current season thus far (halted only by the weather and other temporary set-backs) and it making money for Merlin. Why wouldn't they want to install a similar attraction? Be sensible now - this isn't a Thorpe/Chessington situation, where practically neighbouring parks are replicating their ride line-up; Gardaland is in Italy - who cares about replicated ride line-ups when very few will ever go to both Alton Towers and Gardaland so often they'll feel cheated that the parks are offering similar rides?

I don't see how Gardaland's "duplicate" (if it is indeed that sort of attraction) will even be that similar anyway. It's a multi-sensory dark attraction - hardly a narrow field of entertainment to explore is it?

N:ST is not a huge hit. Feedback is extremely mixed.

I quite enjoy it now, but the ride feedback is very 50/50. Thankfully there is more to come.

Perhaps I am just snobby and totally unrealstic, but I don't like seeing extremely similar rides duplicated so quickly. It screams "lack of creativity" to me. Probably doesn't make business sense but hey, I will sit on my high horse :P