Vampire

Talking tombstones!They are quiet (and Vampire itself is noisy), but a neat little addition to the queue line... Hopefully more can happen...Abdab's are looking worse for wear... Maybe get them refreshed and stick some voices on them as well...Station PA needs to be turned the hell down... I don't like being deafened in the Vampire station by anything but the theme...That is all...

Not too sure about that! Most people at the park don't really know what to do as it's such an unfamiliar environment, it's quite useful to know where to put your bags, where to sit etc.

As well as the amount of people who go through the gates thinking that 6 people can go through the gates at once and the Operator constantly has to remind people on 2 people are allowed through and the back two rows are cornered off for a REASON :mellow:

As well as the amount of people who go through the gates thinking that 6 people can go through the gates at once and the Operator constantly has to remind people on 2 people are allowed through and the back two rows are cornered off for a REASON :mellow:

Ahhhh... Good times...Also - anyone who has gone nearer to the front seats of the ride - Just a general quiery - Does the music seem quieter? Or is it just me?

Ahhhh... Good times...Also - anyone who has gone nearer to the front seats of the ride - Just a general quiery - Does the music seem quieter? Or is it just me?

Sounds quieter than at the back. And I always seem to be at the back. I definitely noticed a difference at the front :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...

Went yesterday. The transformed Rodeo centrepiece has finally been put into place below Vampire's second lift dropaway. It's looking fantastic there so well done to the park for getting it sorted.I'm afraid I don't have a picture of it in from its new position, but here's when Yo Chessington reported on it being behind the scenes:http://yochessington.co.uk/archives/1507On a negative though the station music still is super quiet and the operator's PA is indeed painfully deafening. Also last week organist was moving (barely), this week he is dead. Lastly, whilst Dragon's Fury had a great team and kept the queue down to a max 30mins all day, Vampire opened up 45mins late (which seems to be a recurring theme...) on a terrible terrible 2 train operation that kept the queue between 45-70minutes all day. Painfully slow ops, not enough people being let into the station to fill up trains, it really is so frustrating to see such a classic ride being operated in such a way.

On a negative though the station music still is super quiet and the operator's PA is indeed painfully deafening. Also last week organist was moving (barely), this week he is dead. Lastly, whilst Dragon's Fury had a great team and kept the queue down to a max 30mins all day, Vampire opened up 45mins late (which seems to be a recurring theme...) on a terrible terrible 2 train operation that kept the queue between 45-70minutes all day. Painfully slow ops, not enough people being let into the station to fill up trains, it really is so frustrating to see such a classic ride being operated in such a way.

If you want to make any suggestions... Good or bad...adventurers.services@chessington.co.uk

Good to hear that after 3yrs, vampire still has same problems as before - namely organist not getting enough attention to remain consistantly working, vampire actually opening on time.. and operations wise.It's not difficult to run the ride properly...Though it's interesting place to put the rodeo horse - so thats as you enter transylvania then on your right in the ride area?

Though it's interesting place to put the rodeo horse - so thats as you enter transylvania then on your right in the ride area?

Correct. Creates a more imposing image as you walk into the courtyard from the top of the hill - and I suppose its location is good in that non-riders get a chance to see it. You don't really notice it whilst on the ride.

It's certainly a very impressive piece of scenery and it's great to see it out on park where it deserves to be. I'm not convinced on its positioning as I'm yet to see it in person. I do have some nit-picking that I could go on about as I'm a fanboy, but I'll save that until after I've actually seen it in its home! :blush:

The problem with Vampire operation is that you need to be seriously stern and so clinical about attending it - and if one person slips then the whole operation goes tits up and you have 10, 15, 20 second waits on lift 2.I know a lot of people here who have platformed or even operated understand this - and regularly having two platformers on three trains is better than four platformers on two trains.