Vampire

Fire regulations say we should cramp everyone into one small area rather than keep it empty? Colour me confused dot com...If done CORRECTLY, Vampire can excessively benefit from row batching, just need to get the staff trained up to a decent level, which is what also should be happening to even the most average of staff... If they're average, why is this? The trainers are as much at fault for poor platformers as the people are themselves...

• 2 months later...

Fire regulations say we should cramp everyone into one small area rather than keep it empty? Colour me confused dot com...If done CORRECTLY, Vampire can excessively benefit from row batching, just need to get the staff trained up to a decent level, which is what also should be happening to even the most average of staff... If they're average, why is this? The trainers are as much at fault for poor platformers as the people are themselves...

The only problem with batching is a lot of people will move. And a lot of Adventurers that actually don't leave their brain at home can see there is only 2 people per gate, per train.So I don't think you need a batching system on Vampire.You don't need one on Colossus or Nemesis Inferno. So why Vampire?Also - why on the topic of Vampire - Vampire will not be on 3 trains during Halloween I heard... F**king fantastic...

Vampire can rarely run 3 trains in Halloween though... Remember working on it in 08 when they tried it, and it constantly stopped at the base of the second lift... Plus the constant change in speed and the cold weather affects the chain a lot more, so from a mechanical point of view it could easily not be worth the extra hassle and higher chance of further problems (Indeed, the chain had issues in 08)...

The only problem with batching is a lot of people will move. And a lot of Adventurers that actually don't leave their brain at home can see there is only 2 people per gate, per train.You don't need one on Colossus or Nemesis Inferno. So why Vampire?

Cos vampire has an awful system. It could easily be done. Just let through 24 riders from the bottom of the ramp... top it up if people enter the front row queue... spread the numpties who try and go in one bay about... done. It'd help loading so much.But chessie is stupid, and people who haven't done it before don't realise the benefits.

The only problem with batching is a lot of people will move. And a lot of Adventurers that actually don't leave their brain at home can see there is only 2 people per gate, per train.So I don't think you need a batching system on Vampire.You don't need one on Colossus or Nemesis Inferno. So why Vampire?Also - why on the topic of Vampire - Vampire will not be on 3 trains during Halloween I heard... F**king fantastic...

The amount of times I heard on Inferno and Colossus "There is room for two more people on this train, can two people let themselves known" is astonishing. And then the onloader has to end up shouting at the queue in a desperate bid to get people on the ride. Vamp needs it because that station is so long.

The ride is never running three trains again, unfortunately.

Is that due to cost or health and safety? Shame really because having worked on three train operation, it was a real adrenalie buzz trying to get those trains out quickly and full. Shame that Chessington see fit to cut their highest throughput coaster by a third. Ironically, that makes Runaway Train the highest throughput coaster on park.

• 3 weeks later...

Batching does work on most rides and probably wouldnt bother me if it was introduced on the Vampire all the time, it would stop people clogging up lines when others are empty. this happened to be once, I saw a line empty, but the one next to it must have had about 3-4 groups of 2 people ALL WAITING, I was a bit puzzled at first, but calmly walked into the empty line obviously doing nothing wrong, then a woman waiting in the line next to it started having a go at me saying "what are you doing,there's a line here, Cant you see We're all waiting" So I just calmly replied saying "errrrrrrrr actually love, there are 2 seperate lines here, and this line was empty so I'm doing nothing wrong,You could have queued in this line too you know" she soon shut the hell up after that, was funny, what was weirder was she still continued to queue up and not move over, and then I just gave her a really cheesy smile as I went off in the train(she didnt seem to like that either, LOL)

Right, come on chessie.. get a new significant coaster or two!

I thought I heard of a rumour of a new family coaster in 2012/13, anyone know more or am I thinking of Legoland??

Batching does work on most rides and probably wouldnt bother me if it was introduced on the Vampire all the time, it would stop people clogging up lines when others are empty. this happened to be once, I saw a line empty, but the one next to it must have had about 3-4 groups of 2 people ALL WAITING, I was a bit puzzled at first, but calmly walked into the empty line obviously doing nothing wrong, then a woman waiting in the line next to it started having a go at me saying "what are you doing,there's a line here, Cant you see We're all waiting" So I just calmly replied saying "errrrrrrrr actually love, there are 2 seperate lines here, and this line was empty so I'm doing nothing wrong,You could have queued in this line too you know" she soon shut the hell up after that, was funny, what was weirder was she still continued to queue up and not move over, and then I just gave her a really cheesy smile as I went off in the train(she didnt seem to like that either, LOL)

This happened to me on one of my last visits as well... Sometimes you forget how truly idiotic people can actually be...

• 2 weeks later...

Surely the front offloader should be focused on getting the bars done, rather than finding a two from the queue?Here's what I'd do:- Extend the ramp down to just before the front row queue starts- Have a row batcher stood there- They can ask how many in group/if want to sit at front (if that's even needed, split the ramp into two lanes (there's ENOUGH ROOM) and bingo, don't need to sort that out)- Batcher fills ups at least two trains worth of people in each row- ???- ProfitDone...

To add:It's not difficult. Count up to 24 people. Split people up if they decide to go in one row, add more if loads go in front row. You're only on two trains now, it'll be easier than batching tomb blaster as you have more time.Think, this works in same principle as thirteen at towers. God that queue would be hell if that was left to guests to go anywhere (and vampire is hell to queue in the station, its the worst queue system of chessington).

When they put a batcher down there earlier on in the year - all the platformers did is complain. As did I. But that is me all over really isn't it... :)

I don't give a damn if the platformers don't like it frankly. They are there to do a job, to fill the trains up as much as possible and if they have to be in a position where they actually have to speak to paying guests then so be it.If the park are saving thousands on cannabilising the third train (not to mention operational costs) then the park can do their best to fill the existing trains up.