Vampire

They USED to have that sign with the new trains as well, I remember many a time with announcements and the like really pushing that fact...

Unfortunately, Chessie has slipped way past the acceptable scale of speaking to customers on rides... Some roles should have it, others (Vampire platforming as one example) should have absolute minimum guest contact and focus solely on getting them on and off the ride as quick as possible...

No more days of 1000+ an hour is disgraceful...

I LOVE the Vampire music (actually have it on my MP3 player :blink: ) and it is frustrating when all you can hear is the ride ops voice booming over the sound SO loudly that it borders on giving me a headache. I think some people possibly like the sound of their own voice too much! If they could tone it down a tad it would be nice

I love it too, the only bad thing about it is the version available for download on the net has 7 church chimes as opposed to the official only having 5.

Vampire requires an endless amount of announcements which unfortunately cuts out the ride music due to the volume.

Required Announcements (From what I remember)

- Stand Clear, Gates Opening

- Please Leave bellongings on opposite side of the platform, wear your bloody shoes

- I said wear your bloody shoes you traveller

- Okay, you've all got your shoes on?

- Stand Clear, Gates Closing

- Re-Check All Bars (Or just the fatty in the 3rd row)

- Hold On Tight, Here we go

... And repeat.

You forgot the stupid, bad impression of the Vampire laughing that someone always has to do!

Also, when was the last time all the torches in the station actually flickered like they're supposed to? I bet they haven't done so for about 10 years.

I think I remember seeing them all flicker around about 2003-05.

The instruments are placed differently, so there's a slightly different tonal quality to the whole track (though this could just be the added reverb of the station). The difference is most noticeable in the guitar and drum machine parts, I think. Also, the screams, laughs and thunder sound effects are completely different, and the bell rings five times rather than seven.

I assume the version online was first made available on ReRide.net, and everybody has been posting the same version since. I heard somewhere that the screams and laughs were actually added later c2000, but I'm not sure whether that is true. Graham Smart composed another pipe organ piece to play in the Black Forest Chateau, which I have never heard.

I, er got mine from youtube - did a youtube to mp3 conversion thang

No, I got it from ReRide.net. And yes, I think it gag been copied from there loads of times and uploaded to other websites.

I once played the tune on an old MP3 player against the one whilst waiting in the station, although my copy was on a 3-second delay I couldn't hear any differences apart from the chimes.

Vampire requires an endless amount of announcements which unfortunately cuts out the ride music due to the volume.

Required Announcements (From what I remember)

- Stand Clear, Gates Opening

- Please Leave bellongings on opposite side of the platform, wear your bloody shoes

- I said wear your bloody shoes you traveller

- Okay, you've all got your shoes on?

- Stand Clear, Gates Closing

- Re-Check All Bars (Or just the fatty in the 3rd row)

- Hold On Tight, Here we go

... And repeat.

The endless announcements start to annoy me. The only sort of announcement I think that we would need is if the ride has broken down. Instead every time the train dispatches from the station we get this:

"Sit back and hold on tight, the vampire taking flight mwahahahha" and the operators laugh can be so stupid sometimes that it totally kills the atmosphere. As far as I'm aware, rides like saw and nemesis inferno at thorpe park don't have all these announcements so why does vampire?

Well booger me, I didn't realise there were different ones (though I am thick so would not know the difference) :P I got the original from re:ride then lost it so found one on youtube - whichever one it is I like it!

Are the ReRide and YouTube ones different?

There's three different ones it seems - the station, the area one (unsure if it's different now, after they lacked it for a couple of years) and the one easily available to download.

Either way, they're all bloody good.

Can you post or PM me so links for all 3 please? Thanks.

As far as I'm aware, rides like saw and nemesis inferno at thorpe park don't have all these announcements so why does vampire?

Simple - it's old hat! As Benin pointed out, the PA volume just needs sorting, but I think I'd rather have a real-time voice on Vampire as opposed to some of the recorded ones on other rides. Only last season, Fury was finally ditched of the "Exit to the left", because if you came into the station backwards, exiting to the left would be the loading platform.

There's three different ones it seems - the station, the area one (unsure if it's different now, after they lacked it for a couple of years) and the one easily available to download.

Either way, they're all bloody good.

I thought I just imagined there being audio around the entrance! It stopped playing years ago, probably because of the proximity to the Monkey Puzzle. If I remember correctly it was mostly screams rather than music.

By the way, there is only one version of the Vampire theme currently on the internet, and that is the ReRide version. Anything on YouTube would just be the same file reuploaded. The only way to get the real version would be to copy it from the computers on the ride itself (or whatever ancient device it plays from).

I thought I just imagined there being audio around the entrance! It stopped playing years ago, probably because of the proximity to the Monkey Puzzle. If I remember correctly it was mostly screams rather than music.

The system died I believe, definitely wasn't turned off due to locality.

Who knows - I imagine not, the systems are pretty ancient along with speakers etc.

There was a zone for the break run pre-entering the building, with many speakers on the ground etc which weren't working from at least 2006, but I imagine that's just it dying rather than a change in zonal systems etc.

If you have a spare child it is very easy and perfectly safe to find a random adult to sit next to them who is in an odd numbered group. If you sit directly behind them they're not leaving your sight. Many times I have looked after random kids for a ride having been asked on the platform by parents.