Vampire

We had three trains built up last year and still it would only operate on two due to other health and safety reasons.

Although I am sure I heard the reason it couldn't run three was something to do with the chain on the second lift and that was replaced. Plus the train looked to climb the lift faster than normal when I saw it recently, so maybe who knows. Fingers crossed.

There are three trains, one looks to be built and had water filled humanoid persons strapped into it in the workshop, and the other looked like it was still in pieces, the other of course was going round.

Didn't get the wife on, too chicken (but who will hold our bags......?) but we went on twice this afternoon, quiet a fun little ride.

Today Although it did Get better The Further forwood You sat The vampire was extremely rough In fact it was almost uncomfortably so Something I've never experienced on vampire before when riding it. The Train shook violently all the way round And Felt like it was gonna snap. It was enjoyable But I don't really enjoy vampire at that level of roughness that the whole ride just seemingly vibrates the whole way through the ride!!

I'm not sure how credible it is but Ride Rater seem to be confident that it is returning to three train operation:

The Vampire rollercoaster at Chessington is returning to three-train operation after a number of years of the ride featuring two trains.  Work including the slowing of the ride's two chain hills is currently in progress to accommodate the change.

http://riderater.co.uk/in-brief/

I'm not sure how credible it is but Ride Rater seem to be confident that it is returning to three train operation:

It's good news if it is, but I sincerely worry that we are going to be seeing some serious stacking and trains stopping on the lift hill.

Last year the operations on two trains were dire, you would have to wait 30-60seconds in the blocks before you could unload. The staff in general were slow and it didn't help that the batcher would only batch rows after the train had dispatched; it would be much more efficient if you could batch yourself. We're going to need to see an increase in staff working on restraints and speedy boarding etc. The operations this year and last year have been so slow on loading that it wouldn't be able to run three trains.

Let's just hope staff have had appropriate training and can manage the extra stress; adding the third train back is seriously going to speed up the queueline provided we have efficient operations.

It's good news if it is, but I sincerely worry that we are going to be seeing some serious stacking and trains stopping on the lift hill.

Last year the operations on two trains were dire, you would have to wait 30-60seconds in the blocks before you could unload. The staff in general were slow and it didn't help that the batcher would only batch rows after the train had dispatched; it would be much more efficient if you could batch yourself. We're going to need to see an increase in staff working on restraints and speedy boarding etc. The operations this year and last year have been so slow on loading that it wouldn't be able to run three trains.

Let's just hope staff have had appropriate training and can manage the extra stress; adding the third train back is seriously going to speed up the queueline provided we have efficient operations.

Agreed, they do need to look at dispatch times, hopefully with the pressure of there being three trains they will just get used to working faster, as there's no point in going to three trains if it doesn't increase throughput.  As for batching yourself, that works but only if the flow of people into the station is managed - I remember queueing once for two hours in the station because there was no batcher and it was absolute chaos.

*Disclaimer - The above post contains a small amount of negative content, if this distresses you in any way please avoid reading it.

There's no way that third train is going to be running anytime soon, it's not even got restraints on (*disclaimer: I'm not an engineer, so have no idea how long it would take someone to install the restraints).

Also, I know some people are particular at their jobs, but do they really need to check restraints 4 times before dispatching the train?

They checked ours twice on the other big spinning coaster thing then sent us off, mind you we were the last riders of the day.

At a park which is aimed at families with younger children it is very hard to achieve the maximum throughput. The lack of a baggage room as well causes delays. Also from what I remember its not a very well designed station. Yes 3 trains is good if they can get it work and it should be possible as they did it in the past. I see no reason why it cant run a max and dont really understand why the lifts need slowing but then again I know nothing about the workings of vampire.

Everything leads to 3 trains working again though that's the point. The new restraints system computer technical section mean less of the restraints will get stuck down (and if they do the new announcement tells you to push your bar in on yourself for it to unlock). The two trains off the track at the moment were both in a similar state on Sunday with the one in maintenance being worked on and the one behind that sitting there with restraints on but not backs/electrics but I can imagine 3 trains by the end of May as 2 is almost imminent.

The batcher is a permanent thing now I believe so no more cluttered station. All I want to see is the sign out telling me they're running 3 trains and they'll be loaded and sent in 25 seconds! Those days were the best!

Baggage Room causes Certain Delays With swarm Q line and annoyances guests losing wristbands q's behind the bag room With people Waiting to get in So a baggage room is not the answer to throughput problems. What Would Be better is if bags were not allowed into Q lines in all honesty with Refundable lockers available At the ride entrance or Around park! And If you know Nothing About Anything to do with vampire LC why the Heck are you always commenting like you know everything!!!!! 

Also, I know some people are particular at their jobs, but do they really need to check restraints 4 times before dispatching the train?

They checked ours twice on the other big spinning coaster thing then sent us off, mind you we were the last riders of the day.

If you were checked twice it means there was an issue flagged by the computer or they were training a new attendant. Probably the latter because the rides recently swapped between the allocated staffing teams so there's a new load of training.

I don't mean to give the impression I know everything, especially about chessington. I very rarely comment in the entire chessington section as the park just doesn't interest me as they have done almost nothing in 12 years. However basic park operations are the same everywhere and no bags in the station always speeds up loading. I research a lot and I have a photographic memory so generally I don't forget things. Ill admit I do come across as condescending but that is more my personality.

Baggage Room causes Certain Delays With swarm Q line and annoyances guests losing wristbands q's behind the bag room With people Waiting to get in So a baggage room is not the answer to throughput problems. What Would Be better is if bags were not allowed into Q lines in all honesty with Refundable lockers available At the ride entrance or Around park! And If you know Nothing About Anything to do with vampire LC why the Heck are you always commenting like you know everything!!!!! 

Baggage rooms are an odd one.  They're not universally good and they're not universally bad.  Some don't work very well (see Swarm, due to its awful positioning), some do work well (I've found Stealth's and Saw's to usually be fine, for example).  I don't think one would work on Vampire though, simply due to the fact you fit it in anywhere nicely without having to do some changes to the ride queue and the exit.  

Bags not allowed in the queue line is a not a good idea in my opinion.

The second lift hill already slows down on a three train operation. If the staff in the station are quick the train would slow to a crawl on the 2nd lift hill before speeding up when the break run is clear. 

I don't mean to give the impression I know everything, especially about chessington. I very rarely comment in the entire chessington section as the park just doesn't interest me as they have done almost nothing in 12 years. However basic park operations are the same everywhere and no bags in the station always speeds up loading. I research a lot and I have a photographic memory so generally I don't forget things. Ill admit I do come across as condescending but that is more my personality.

Yes it does speed up loading. It also costs more to have two/three staff members in a room and I'd rather have staff working on a platform. Lets face it, throwing a bag over into a cupboard isn't as time consuming as is being made out.

People still having their bags when boarding slows things down more than you might think - just look at how crowded the exit platform gets on Colossus for example.  Equally, if it didn't have a bag room Smiler's throughput would be absolutely appalling. 

I don't think there's any way you could retro-fit a satisfactory system to Vampire as there's nowhere suitable for a bag drop room and automated carousels like on Raptor/Desert Race only really work when onload and offload are on the same side.

It would be good to see Vampire back on 3 trains (I miss seeing 2 trains passing overhead), but in order for it to be effective they will have to reduce loading times significantly.  If they're stacking when running 2 then adding a 3rd is utterly pointless.

Vampire doesn't have too big an issue with bags, as the cubbies are all spread along the platform, rather than one small space...

The issue arises once the attendant has checked all the bars and sees someone in the last couple of rows with a bag around their neck, resulting in all the bars having to be raised and checked again.

The issue arises once the attendant has checked all the bars and sees someone in the last couple of rows with a bag around their neck, resulting in all the bars having to be raised and checked again.

They really, REALLY shouldn't be doing that, unless they're now banned from manually releasing individual restraints...

Even then, if it's a small bag, they can usually take it off without releasing the bars, that what I used to try and get done...

It depends. I guess, if the people are large and their restraint has been done up tightly it can be hard for them to wiggle out bags, especially if the bags are big, it is just a case of releasing the bars. 

I'm not sure how they manual release but I think they have to use handle pole things for them, and it may just be easier to quickly check all bars again then go and get these poles and undo said restraint.