Vampire

Pink text always used to indicate sarcasm back in the 'good old days of dialup' LOL

I hope dispatch is a bit faster when it's running on two trains permanently, what said 10 mins on the screen was in actual fact a 30 min wait this afternoon, they were not dispatching each train until the other had returned to the station entry, which meant that because the second train was full of dummies, throughput was very low.

Presumably on a normal day dispatch of each train is completed once the other train has cleared the second lift hill?

...Aren't we lucky to get to experience the ride now that it runs through a fully grown 'forest'. I mean it looked pretty crappy when it was first built compared to the densely covered forest we get now.

I do agree with you there - however I do prefer the old bat cars they had (and the old theming) - although I visited when it first opened, I was too scared to ride it so would imagine it was pretty sparse in the foliage department :lol:

Anyhoo - I went last Thursday and the park opened 2 hours late (power cut!) - we headed to the Vampire where there were staff outside saying that it wasn't ready yet - I asked if it was back on a 2 train operation and was told yes, however the staff member didn't mention that the second train would be full of water dummies- not that it mattered as the park was dead anyway.

Was a bit miffed as we went to the back row but were told to move up towards the front (not sure why unless I am being really thick)

I still love the Vampire as it was my first ever proper coaster and to be honest, without it there I wouldn't visit CWOA as often.  So they won't run a 3 train operation anymore- at least there are 2 trains which is better than one.  Plus in the old days where they ran 3 trains you had to get in, sit down and buckle up very quickly - some guests I have witness can't even be bothered to pull down their own OTSRs which would just slow things down - oh and then there is faffing about with bags

Can I just ask when did people suddenly rule out it ever going back onto 3 trains?

Sometimes han the back row is reserved for priority riders. They queue up on the other side of the platform and it makes sense for them to go to the back incase they aren't able to walk any amount of distances so they only have to take a few steps. 

It's very annoying for some when your train is being delayed because people don't listen to the announcements. From what I can remember the ride now stops the music during the announcements and they're moderately loud so its not hard to miss them. But it's still frustrating for both guests, and I guess workers when people completely ignore them.

When I last visited they were training staff still. I imagine the rides throughput could be low because they may still be training staff for whatever reason. Otherwise it's pretty unacceptable to be that slow but I hope theres a justifiable reason.

Sometimes han the back row is reserved for priority riders. They queue up on the other side of the platform and it makes sense for them to go to the back incase they aren't able to walk any amount of distances so they only have to take a few steps. 

Ah yup but the thing was there was no priority riders there - we literally got into the station, went to the back row and they were just about to pul the restraints down and told us to move towards the front - kind of frustrating as we could have actually ridden at the back but there must be a plausible reason for this

Or maybe there's no plausable reason and someone is just on a power trip.

Similar thing happened to us a couple of weeks back. At Thorpe if a priority rider is waiting they'll block off the particular cattle pen temporarily that they want to use, but they'll use common sense about it, the last two times we've been to Chessie then vamp ride operators have been more interested in chatting to each other than they have doing their jobs.