Vampire

I used to love vampire but now I just think itsSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOslow. lol doesn't appeal to me at all <_<

Lewie900, thanks for contributing to the thread but please could you make sure you don't go over the top in your posts, please also make sure you use capitals etc.I love Vampire, was my first proper roller coaster when I was a kid, nice to see it's still going, well, just about!

That was partially my fault :mellow: people kept asking me is Vampire open? I said it will be in the evening and I said to them to try and get there early to avoid queueing loads. So I basically sent loads of people to Vamp which contributed to the 2.5 hrs wait.Oh well!

Expect a punch on the nose when I next see you <_<.How did you know it'd be open in the evening when even the rides department weren't completely sure? Dont you get told not to tell anyone. You're the people who get us utterly bollocked in the mornings.

It's my job to make sure they have a good time and enjoy themselves <_<. I just have a knack for knowing things or maybe I'm psychic? Nah!I always thought that when Vampire has problems or isn't opened it will normally open in the evenings because either that's the best time for it to open or because the ride's technician/engineer are sooo good that is fixed by then.I don't know otherwise :S

And you're told when you start to never ever presume a rides opening and even indicate a time for the reason that if it doesn't open, we rides staff get extremely f**ked off staff cos F&B knobends have told them ****.Would've been better for the ride to remain shut yesterday, 2.5hr queues with exit queue ending by photos AND an hour for express pass was too much to deal with.Though tbf, we get more hassle from retail being total knobs than any other dept.

Guys try and keep this off the forum, we don't want it to look like there's an inner chessie staff war do we <_< (Although why is it Area 1 staff always tell people they can use there bubbleworks express tickets at Fury, or tell them that they can go on different RAP rides even if they are supposed to wait an hour)

Anyways.... I actually love the vampire, I really do. It's lost its magic though, like a lot of the old classics. It annoys me how quiet the music is in the station compared to what it used to be and also regarding the station- it looks rubbish compared to how it used to be. Arrgh.On the flip side though I'm glad the re-vamp (I lolled) brought a new lease of life to the ride. It's a great family coaster and I still love love love the "swinging between the trees" bit before the main drop into the tunnel.

Sommet with lifthill messed up, and coincidentally the other one had the same problem a couple of months later. They were both bodged to last til end of season when they can spend more time and money on it. Didn't quite work out as well, which resulted in rubbish reliability over october.

God, they must just break it every time they see you coming. Bloody Chessington, none of thier rides ever work, I hate them and everything they stand for. It's just for babies anyway, Thorpe Park is much better.

Lol just lol.Maybe its just been having a bit of downtime? Or you just decided to go a few days in a row and it was broken :( I feel for you, I really do!

• 4 weeks later...

It probably thought "Sod this, I much prefer to swing over Maccy D fries!"I think this year has gotta be it's worst downtime since Vekoma put the new trains in. And even if the problems are lift hill related, there's still no sign of scaffolding on the first one, now that the park is closed. Remember that when you go past the Monkey Puzzle on the Leatherhead Road, you can see the first lift hill peeking out behind the building, and the lift hill mechanism and cog.Plus you can see the Nosferatu window if you're in slow traffic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...