Vampire

Let me guess, the preview day? Is the queueline completely new or does it go the route of the old one, but tidied up? And is the station any different?

Yes the Annual Pass Day and the 1st day of the main season I was 1st Front Row on Vampire! :PThe queue line goes the same route but the queue line bars outside are like the stations. (purple).It has a major tidy up and with a booth in the queue where you can buy cold drinks, maps etc.The only difference of the station is the platform of the trains. It has had a fresh lick of paint of the 'safety' markings where members of staff are instructed not to stand when train is dispatching. (yellow).

Chessington is a brilliant little park. A totally awesome day out is guareented whilst your not stressing about breakdowns, heaving queues and getting on as many rides as possible (Thorpe). I prefer it acutally, just a great relaxing, fun day out! Vampire is a great ride which does pack a bit of a punch, if you have not been on it defo worth a go. I personally prefer dragons fury which is a top notch attraction. You also have the likes of Rameses Revenge, Rattlesnake, Dragon Falls and many many more. Plus the Zoo and Sea Life centre which is excellent.

Chessington is a brilliant little park. A totally awesome day out is guareented whilst your not stressing about breakdowns, heaving queues and getting on as many rides as possible (Thorpe). I prefer it acutally, just a great relaxing, fun day out! Vampire is a great ride which does pack a bit of a punch, if you have not been on it defo worth a go. I personally prefer dragons fury which is a top notch attraction. You also have the likes of Rameses Revenge, Rattlesnake, Dragon Falls and many many more. Plus the Zoo and Sea Life centre which is excellent.

Thanks. So I suppose the "Thrill Rides" at Chessington these days don't have very long queues, because most people who want a thrill go to Thorpe Park. Is that right?

The queueline for Rameses Revenge rarely exceeds 10 minutes at present, but I expect it to maybe reach 30 in the peak of the summer , possibly longer. Rattlesnake can roughly peak at 60 minutes but the whole queue line is capable of holding a lot longer. Vampire is currently running 3 trains and therefore even with a full queueline the longest wait should be around 75 mins, Dragons Fury queue time exceeded an hour today.

The queueline for Rameses Revenge rarely exceeds 10 minutes at present, but I expect it to maybe reach 30 in the peak of the summer , possibly longer. Rattlesnake can roughly peak at 60 minutes but the whole queue line is capable of holding a lot longer. Vampire is currently running 3 trains and therefore even with a full queueline the longest wait should be around 75 mins, Dragons Fury queue time exceeded an hour today.

Those queue-times seem quite long, but when comparing them with those from Thorpe Park, there is such a large difference.

Those queue-times seem quite long, but when comparing them with those from Thorpe Park, there is such a large difference.

Vampire's queue even with 3 trains when it has been at the entrance has only been 45 minutes.But then again, I suppose it depends on Fastrack numbers and exit pass people taking the back 2 rows.This happened last year to me on the halloween hocus pocus. I queued 30 minutes in fastrack!!! and the main queue was 120 minutes with 3 trains at the entrance! B)

One thing that annoys me about Vampire in the last few years is the fact that nobody seems to be checking Fastrack tickets. The other day I had walked the entire queueline, and Fastrackers (who I am not doubting bought their ticket fair and square) just came through that little gate and filtered into the main queue, whereas a few years ago they let them through when stopping the main queue. It comes down to manning that section, at the end of the day.

The Fastrack gates on all the rides will always be manned if the queue is long enough to warrant it. If there is no queue then just be glad that you were sensible enough not to pay for a fastrack ticket on a quiet day.However that said, the fastrack gates are supposed to be manned whenever tickets are on sale, it's just not always possible and as it's not a vital position in the grand scheme of things it's always the first to go if needs be.

One thing that annoys me about Vampire in the last few years is the fact that nobody seems to be checking Fastrack tickets. The other day I had walked the entire queueline, and Fastrackers (who I am not doubting bought their ticket fair and square) just came through that little gate and filtered into the main queue, whereas a few years ago they let them through when stopping the main queue. It comes down to manning that section, at the end of the day.

I'm not sure about Vampire however we are pretty much always told to man Exp/Batch if we are selling tickets, but obviously the people went through to cut the main queue.. which is logical?

I'm not sure about Vampire however we are pretty much always told to man Exp/Batch if we are selling tickets, but obviously the people went through to cut the main queue.. which is logical?

I have to say that Vampire always has someone on the express pass/enterance gate whenever there is a queue. Even 10 mins.I do like it though when they let you through the express pass entrance instead of going through the queue, especially with Vampire!I think it is good that members of staff are allowing this with a 0 mins situation. It is annoying when I have fastrack, the amount of people I hear saying 'Can I use my Annual Pass?' Loving the look out the pretty Vampire queue! , Taking the bright colouring to an extreme using in the station and the queue! :huh:

• 1 month later...