Vampire

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know if train 3 is ready yet? Pretty sure it was on three train operation until they took the one that wasn;t dismantled over close, and took it apart. Just wondering if anyone knows if it's back available?

I'm guessing it shouldn't be too long, will be there for summer.

I hate queueing inside the station - it adds to the excitement.

Do you go on ride to be bored or to get excited, Personally I love the indoor station that builds up the excitement and I think that's a good thing ;),Vampire is a classic ride in my opinion, and whenever you go to Chessington and don't get to ride the vampire you have missed out. Last time I went there that was when the vampire had it's recent breakdown and me and the people I was with was gutted we could not get on it.Even though I like the vampire as it is, being a fun ride and just pure enjoyment (something I think Chessington has over Thorpe, a fun day out rather than just rides) I still kinda miss the old vampire bat cars....

• 2 weeks later...

Vampire is still "fangtastic" (as the Safari Skyway states) but I have to wonder what on earth is going on sometimes. I mean, I really do not understand the logic of closing the gates for the back seats and only allowing people with a Fastrack ticket to ride the back if they want to, from the exit platform. In my view that goes against people's choice. The back seat is one of the best seats on Vampire, second to the front.I know it's something little, something picky. But it's little things like these which has seen Transylvania's downfall since 2004. That was the last proper year (04) for Transylvania. Vampire was running excellently, and Professor Burp's Bubbleworks was still around. You can't really count 2005 as the last proper year, as everyone new about the Bubbleworks re-theme in 2005 and therefore we all weren't smiling for the entire season. Oh, another good thing about then - McDonald's. Merlin's takeover has been great, yes, but to ditch McDonald's in flavour of Burger King? They say it was a healthy step forward. Well, come on BK, show us your fruit bags. Oh sorry, you don't do them, unlike Ronald McDonald.Transylvania is still great and my favourite area at Chessington, but it's not living up to the classic, real Transylvania today that we have seen in the past.

I really do not understand the logic of closing the gates for the back seats and only allowing people with a Fastrack ticket to ride the back if they want to, from the exit platform. In my view that goes against people's choice. The back seat is one of the best seats on Vampire, second to the front.

Exit riders and disabled guests, generally disabled guests.. which they seem to get a hell of a lot of (enough for 4 riders per bloody train anyway!). Not fastrack, you n00b :huh:

• 2 months later...

I checked the Chessington website again yesterday and it said Vampire is still unavailable. Something must be seriously wrong with it. It's been closed all this week. But according to the website now, it's up and running, it's gone from the list.Someone must know what's been wrong with it? There's always someone that knows.