To add:It's not difficult. Count up to 24 people. Split people up if they decide to go in one row, add more if loads go in front row. You're only on two trains now, it'll be easier than batching tomb blaster as you have more time.Think, this works in same principle as thirteen at towers. God that queue would be hell if that was left to guests to go anywhere (and vampire is hell to queue in the station, its the worst queue system of chessington).

When they put a batcher down there earlier on in the year - all the platformers did is complain. As did I. But that is me all over really isn't it... :)

I don't give a damn if the platformers don't like it frankly. They are there to do a job, to fill the trains up as much as possible and if they have to be in a position where they actually have to speak to paying guests then so be it.If the park are saving thousands on cannabilising the third train (not to mention operational costs) then the park can do their best to fill the existing trains up.

Surely it would make sense to keep it in working condition in case one train dies?

I think the idea is the bits taken from it while it is in bits are used to stop the other trains dying. Making sense does not come into it.

Cost cutting at its worst.It's not like it'll ever be able to afford a new train either. So if one train gets screwed up big time.. then... well.. well done.

What has happened to the 3rd train? I didn't see it in the station when I went ther yesterday.

As far as I'm aware they can't use the transfer track in the brake run area anymore as the new trains extend about a meter beyond the end of the moveable track so it has been welded up since the Vekoma refit. Any trains that are stored/needed to be taken off of the track are done on the other store track off of the final bend.I'm trying to get my head around the cost cutting measure and what they aim to achieve by taking a train to pieces. Would they not get more of their money's worth from the investment in the three trains by running two trains at a time but swapping the trains out periodically so they each get their own downtime (similar to what disney do). Running purely the same two trains would mean their parts would need to be replaced quicker and yes, I know that means they can take parts from the other train but eventually that source will run out.EDIT: This is assuming that there is a third train which is being taken out of service completely.

went to chessington wed 28th march the vampier was only running one train both times I looked too see the 2nd train but could not see it at all is there only one train now

Been a while since they've had just the one train during off peak days...Then again, not like they need two trains on dead days...

I loved it, great ride and great theming in the station!

You should have seen that station 20 years ago! And also riden the original ride.Things do not progress.

You know, even 20+ years on Vampire still packs a punch, especially for younger children! My 8 year old sister visited Chessington for the first time a week ago, and she LOVED Vampire! At first she was scared, but once we started going up the lift hill all she could do was giggle, which then turned into full blown laughter fits as we went round. It's good to know that this ride still does as desired even at its age. :wub:

If it's taking forever to load, the staff are to blame and adding a third train would just mean stacking and more stacking rather than a faster queue! Plus I thought the third train was gone for good now.

Posted Image

Seriously, whoever got put in charge of retail this year deserves some serious congratulations... The merch has improved SO much...

And to think only a couple of years ago you had to be about 2yrs old to be able to get any sort of merchandise from chessington which wasn't a lollypop or a football..