Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

The organ track is being played on its own without the backing track, so you;re only getting half of the sound.

 

Plus the backing track is the one that has all the bass, so the music sounds tinny.

No the whole track is playing and has all the parts, as far as I know it's literally the original track but without the zoning yet?

The sound in there has sounded thin for years. We can't know for sure why, it could be a number of reasons, the park just need to sort it. Sad how it got this poorly maintained and opens year on year in such a state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the backing track is the one that was on SoundCloud right? That track was extremely bassy, especially with the drums and guitar during the rock part.

 

That bass is completely absent from the station, and I don't think it's just a dodgy sound system either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one's mentioned yet, but it also seems the queue has received some new spooky ambient music and while it may not be the original (boo!), it still sounds pretty good (despite the fact it's a little too on the quiet side), especially with parts of the station soundtrack distantly fading in and out occasionally. Safety announcements fade into it nicely as well, instead of cutting the music right out with the annoying bat/wolf howling sound effects. Not to mention the voice itself now actually sounds menacing and fitting, instead of tired and unmotivated like the old ones*. Even the PA announcements don't interfere with the audio whatsoever! :)

 

* Saying that, we now only wait for the terrible station announcements to be re-recorded by the same person as in the new queue music. Those incredibly tired "Mwa-ha-ha-ha"s never fail to be irritating...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

it may not be the original (boo!)

Here's a fun fact, that 'queue ambiant track' that YouTube peoplez often say is the original actually was added in about 1999 ish I remember. It was fun but really horrible, I remember the screaming women, whip cracking and heavy breathing, don't think that would sit well with families today, haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wumbamillio said:

Here's a fun fact, that 'queue ambiant track' that YouTube peoplez often say is the original actually was added in about 1999 ish I remember. It was fun but really horrible, I remember the screaming women, whip cracking and heavy breathing, don't think that would sit well with families today, haha!

Yeah true, I personally remember it very well from the early 2000s, just before its removal. And if '99 was it's first appearance, it wouldn't surprise me, given Chessington were going all out towards the thrillseekers that year (hence Samurai).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, Nosferatu said:

Well the backing track is the one that was on SoundCloud right? That track was extremely bassy, especially with the drums and guitar during the rock part.

 

That bass is completely absent from the station, and I don't think it's just a dodgy sound system either.

Hi, we posted that on Soundcloud a few years ago, that was just the backing track with the faint organ parts turned up a lot. We were missing the discrete organ part at the time, but recently found both tracks for Chessington.

What Chessington are playing now is the ride's original sound store that we sent them, mixed to mono (because the current system is no longer zoned that way). We since removed our Soundcloud track now that you can hear the original mix in the ride again.

It doesn't sound as good as it did before in the station, but the track itself is fine now and doesnt have the bass missing. Should the park want to restore the organ 'zone' we'd sent that too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even in the mid noughties the sound quality in the station still seemed better than what it was. Yes, I’m not afraid to admit I missed Chessington’s golden days by at least six years. 

 

From what hat I heard last time I visited (March time), the audio quality was definitely an improvement but I know the park can do even better. Then again, it’s safe to say 90% of Vampire’s station just needs a complete overhaul and restoration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course what matters at the end of the day is the entertainment factor, and I think without the music having much real presence in the station and the feeling of emptiness, it just doesn't have that anymore. What gave it that in the past was the picturesque detail and feeling of animation, and the gradual build up with the queue going into the dark with the sounds and scenes behind the windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, BritishThemeParkArch said:

Hi, we posted that on Soundcloud a few years ago, that was just the backing track with the faint organ parts turned up a lot. We were missing the discrete organ part at the time, but recently found both tracks for Chessington.

What Chessington are playing now is the ride's original sound store that we sent them, mixed to mono (because the current system is no longer zoned that way). We since removed our Soundcloud track now that you can hear the original mix in the ride again.

It doesn't sound as good as it did before in the station, but the track itself is fine now and doesnt have the bass missing. Should the park want to restore the organ 'zone' we'd sent that too!

Thanks for the reply.

 

I was wondering, is the full 1990 track going to put on SoundCloud at some point? I remember something being said about updating it a few months ago.

 

If I'm honest, finding the the true station soundtrack is the only reason I joined this forum 6 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Thanks for the reply.

 

I was wondering, is the full 1990 track going to put on SoundCloud at some point? I remember something being said about updating it a few months ago.

 

If I'm honest, finding the the true station soundtrack is the only reason I joined this forum 6 years ago.

I don't think it will go online, the reason I put the version I had at the time on there was to encourage Chessington to restore the audio and now that they have started that process I've taken it down. It belongs in the ride really, it doesn't sound best there at the moment but hopefully will be fixed in the near future (along with the rest the ride's audio like the corridor, and the lighting etc). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was good to hear the audio improvements on Vampire the other day! Sounds much better both indoors and outdoors. It seems like there has been a bit of work on the station and the queue line too, with all the lights working inside, looks like they're all LED now so should hopefully last a while. Torches have new flickering lights in them, and tunnel has new light fixtures with the same bulbs too (which fit quite well). Outdoors a bit of old theming has returned, graves etc. Obviously all this is a far cry from what it once was but it's still an improvement!

 

Finished it off with a rare overshoot of the breaks in the trims, so the front seats got a bit of a bashing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

Finished it off with a rare overshoot of the breaks in the trims, so the front seats got a bit of a bashing!

That really was an interesting experience, cant say I've ever had that happen to me before. The irony was that it had literally been the smoothest ride I have had on Vampire in as long as I can remember, to then getting smashed three times into the sides of the wheel catch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...