Chessington Music

Some people are never bloody pleased are they? ;) You wanna make it a loop do it yourself, be greateful Outfit decided to give us the bit of music...

No I think Dan meant that the music itself could have been longer considering it's on a loop constantly. Same 5 minutes, over and over. Going to get annoying after a while, no matter how good it is. B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In a real ride music mood today :)My favourite themes at Chessie, in no particular order:VampireTomb BlasterRunaway Train (which I think someone previously noted, was not composed for the ride, I know the first half is from a film soundtrack, and the second half I have heard before, not sure where it is from though). This theme I have only recently discovered when searching for Chessie audio and I love it :blush: Even if it's not ocmposed for the ride, it still really suits it and really cheers me up when I hear it, especially towards the end when it's faster, it's so happy and cheery and adventury :blush:Wild Asia And of course, The Call To Adventure!

In a real ride music mood today :)My favourite themes at Chessie, in no particular order:VampireTomb BlasterRunaway Train (which I think someone previously noted, was not composed for the ride, I know the first half is from a film soundtrack, and the second half I have heard before, not sure where it is from though). This theme I have only recently discovered when searching for Chessie audio and I love it :blush: Even if it's not ocmposed for the ride, it still really suits it and really cheers me up when I hear it, especially towards the end when it's faster, it's so happy and cheery and adventury :blush:Wild Asia And of course, The Call To Adventure!

What about Prof Burp's Bubbleworks :)

Hmmmm yeah, but for some reason I don't love it as much as the others :blush:*Is currently blasting Vampire theme in earphones, with mega bass going on* :)

I had Vampire playing when I read that... Heck it's still playing :l Stalker!!! </3 And :) Bubbleworks is like the catchiest theme ever!!! <3

^ I think that would be overkill on the theme. It works so well in the station as it accompanies the lighting, set design which provides a suitable atmosphere in the station. I would love to see some ambience in the queue at some point though, that way it can be kept relatively quiet and isn't so intrusive on the queueing experience.It's a shame that it's so quiet, It really does need to be louder, much louder. It should fill the station, though it should not be ruined by an operator's voice IMO, they need some pre-recorded, themed announcements in there.

^ I think that would be overkill on the theme. It works so well in the station as it accompanies the lighting, set design which provides a suitable atmosphere in the station. I would love to see some ambience in the queue at some point though, that way it can be kept relatively quiet and isn't so intrusive on the queueing experience.It's a shame that it's so quiet, It really does need to be louder, much louder. It should fill the station, though it should not be ruined by an operator's voice IMO, they need some pre-recorded, themed announcements in there.

I agree it should not be used and I also agree that it needs to me louder!However, I don't agree with the pre-recorded stuff. Vampire has had some great operators that have created there own dispatch rhymes, sounded as if they are dracula etc and is a ride that operators enjoy. Surely you would know that from doing the Runaway Train? A pre-recorded announcement instead of you doing your choo choo? No! :blush:

I think it's a fine balance Keith. As you say, some people are perfect down the PA, but it can be inconsistent and when that happens, it ruins the atmosphere and honesty I think it just feels tacky.It's great to have interaction, but it should always be faithful to the theme of the attraction. Having a pre-recorded announcement would ensure consistency and always be faithful to the theme. A ride like Vampire is a show, especially in that theatrical station where it is set up as a piece of theatre and then having a human voice which actually interferes with the music and general production, breaks the magic, for me.It does work on Runaway because it's staged in a way that makes the operator a prominence in the experience, having the control cabin centre stage. I did personally love the interaction, as that was a main part of my job that made it enjoyable and it was a big focus from park management. On a creative outlook though, it doesn't work. However, if the ride operators were dressed in costumes and became characters, their speech and banter would become relevant.